Citadel Orders - How do people use them

Santo.2419

So I'm not speaking about the alacrity order, but the others.

How are people using them, because I pretty much don't at all. (Heroic Command, Citadel Bombardment)

I do like the effect of the bombardment and would like it to be useful...but it feels quite underwhelming when used. 

I was just thinking that perhaps it is me, and I am not using these skills in the right circumstances.

So, do you use these skills? and if so, how and when are they most useful?

• Like 1

Heroic Command: Use it when you have 5 fervor stacks, you will gain/share 2might/stack. So max you can get is 10 might from it.

Citadel bombardement: for pvp, wvw I find it too much energy for useage. There are better abilties to press for that amount of lf energy. For pve I am not sure, but I think same principle though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

citadel bombardment doesn't get reflected, so even in pvp/wvw it can have some niche usage against reflects. destruction will still stop em but you won't like, accidentally destroy yourself with it

heroic command refreshes your kalla stacks and you can maintain em when running between fights if you have lasting legacy traited.
won't work permanently if you don't, but it can give you some time before it drops

one thing i wish you could do is spend the energy on bombardment on one legend and swap mid cast bar and not have it consume the new legend's energy, but rev skills won't work like that in general so, tough luck i guess

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Thanks 1

For solo play use Heroic command, or when there is no one around which can give might, this is the same for orders from above. You can use these 2 as an energy sink to consume energy quickly if youre playing with charged mists.

As for Citadel bombardment, yeah its very underwhelming, it has been nerfed twice for condition builds and got a little buffed for power builds, but power renegade is very niche (i use it for some CM fractals only in a power alacrity build) and also it bothers me that the animation is releasing arrows rather than artillery shells. But still i use it for situations where i have shortbow in CD and i have to move away from the boss or when i have excess energy to spare.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Nanoir.2315 said:

Wish this skill worked like ranger lb 5 in regards to being able to aim it behind walls etc. Idk why you would need los for portal arrows.

Deffo an energy cost reduction and let it hit a wee bit harder.

hitting harder idk.

•I rather would have energy cost changed from 30-35 energy => 20 energy.

•Changing impact 120 radius => 240 radius

•And give each impact 100% blast finisher ( can be used versatile )

• Confused 1

for as much energy as it costs you'd think it would be more reliable about hitting one person standing in it. it's brutal when you commit the energy to it and only get a couple hits on a point cause of the spread

the underwater version sends them all directly at the target, that'd be kinda nice, or at least targeted at a singular spot and exploding from there for consistency 

40 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

for as much energy as it costs you'd think it would be more reliable about hitting one person standing in it. it's brutal when you commit the energy to it and only get a couple hits on a point cause of the spread

the underwater version sends them all directly at the target, that'd be kinda nice, or at least targeted at a singular spot and exploding from there for consistency 

Let it open a portal under the enemies and make them temporarly teleport to the united legions where they get heavy damaged before returning through it.

(it's a troll)

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Heroic Command: Use it when you have 5 fervor stacks, you will gain/share 2might/stack. So max you can get is 10 might from it.

Citadel bombardement: for pvp, wvw I find it too much energy for useage. There are better abilties to press for that amount of lf energy. For pve I am not sure, but I think same principle though

I wonder which fanboi was in the mood to put on everything I wrote "confused emoji" 😂. Even the one where I responded on op question with facts how to use it😂. Thanks for giving me a laugh whoever this was 😂😂😂

• Confused 1

Citadel Bombardment is very important in PvE and WvW Renebow users since albeit was nerfed is still an AoE attack with burns as main damage, so as Shagie said can't be reflected; a well placed Scorchrazor followerd by Spiritchrush and then Citadel Bombardment means a ton of fire damage, which is very bursty in nature. I use it mostly in (WvW) builds with the Vindication trait, which makes it more effective. If I'm running a PvE alacrity build with Rigthteous Rebel I focus on keeping the boon and therefore usually don't use Bombardment unless I'm filled with energy and eager to swap legend and get Charged Mist or on the contrary, I just got the large bumb in energy and Bombardment is off cd ready to be spent.

Orders From Above: I never run Righteous Rebel in WvW so the advantages of using it in WvW are minimal, specially taking in consideration that is not that cheap. In PvE running RR is the norm, so I press F4 asap to try to stack 30 seconds as soon as possible. Honestly, since in PvE I mostly do OW content, in most events maxing up the uptime is not as important since most of fights will last least (doing Palawadan or Drakkar or Dragonstorm champions each fight will last less than those 30 seconds). Alacrity dps builds aren't pupular, tho, since the meta currently is that the quickness providers (Herald) brings damage whereas alacrity is expected from support builds.

Heroic Command: this is the Renegade "virtue" I use the least since in PvE oftenly I'm hitting the 25 migth stack "without even trying" even playing alone, and Kalla's Fervor is easy to refill. In WvW this buff is stronger since the boons last least, but using it has a cost of oportunity and my skill usage is more commanded by the offensive and defensive tools I need to use than for the boons. In other words: evades, breakstuns, cleanses, ccs and burst attacks have priority over spending half a second and ten energy units in a skill that at best will provide me a small increase in damage/sustain.

18 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I wonder which fanboi was in the mood to put on everything I wrote "confused emoji" 😂. Even the one where I responded on op question with facts how to use it😂. Thanks for giving me a laugh whoever this was 😂😂😂

You living rent free in someone's head kekw 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1