Gear Treadmill and how to fight it?

RagiNagi.1802

On 11/13/2023 at 7:44 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I'm full legendary, as full as it can get. 

So if I want to test builds, I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. 

I could not imagine my pain if I had to do that with Ascended gear. 

I would say, get a meta build+gear that has been proven to be good and pray that Anet isn't killing it next patch or force a gear change. 

When you want a second build set, again only go for what has been proven to be good. 

Don't experiment. You mostly likely won't find something that others haven't already. 

Other than that. Get a bank character to store Ascended gear/relics etc. That can gets costly too Ofcourse, with needing big bags and bag extenders. But what other options do you have? 

Tbh I need to work on legendary coming back to the game but it aint too bad. 

I got all mine through tradeskills / pvp overall, tradeskills defintly help. Even if I don't wanna grind 100g or so investment gets me a new ascended set haha. Although some stat types can be a pain

Celestial was annoying AF lol. 

Edited by Puck.3697

Following the meta is always going to be sorta expensive, but you should know armor pieces do not contribute as much as the weapon or trinkets (except backpiece). Armor is also admittingly, somewhat annoying and cumbersome to replace due to the attached runes, while trinkets tend to be a dime a dozen, as long as you sometimes pay a visit to living world 3/4, though 4 is more convenient these days.  Someone did bring up stat selectable exotics in wvw; running the living story reward tracks such as bitterfrost or Dragonfall is also somewhat nice for building up some accessory currency along the way to kill two birds with one stone though running Dragonfall itself tends to be more efficient. I am sick of picking berries.

There's of course Verdant Brink and Lunatic armor.

Also before you spend your hard earned gold, you really have to look at the actual difference between say going from zerker to assassin. Often times learning your rotation or simply not being floor PoV due to enemy CCs may already yield a much larger dps boost than any gear could provide.

Waiting also pays off in many cases. You can just look at relics when the expansion came out; people were trying to gouge at all these kinds of ridicous prices, and it's been a meme between me and friends to see whatever crazy prices people try to get for when we get new stuff. But it usually drops to something somewhat more reasonable in a few weeks.

By the way if you're doing Fractals and don't already have Ad Infinitum (the legendary backpack) I highly recommend making it. All the achievements will be easy for someone who is already doing T4 (and all but 1 can be done in T1-3) and although you also need a lot of materials Fractals will help you get them or gold to buy them. Then that's one item slot (which can be annoying to find equipment for) which you don't need to worry about any more.

I haven't gotten the legendary armour from raids but I've heard it's similar - if you're raiding anyway then it doesn't require much beyond what you're already doing.

• Like 1

Best way would be to uninstall all the other games with gear treadmill and just staying with GW2. (Luckily here we don't really have any kind of gear treadmill. More cosmetics as end game grind.) The ascended stuff just has a lil bit more stats than the exotics and the legendaries add just a bit more convenience (+ skins) and infusions for the fractals are pretty cheap. (For agony resistance in the higher tiers.)

Edit: And the jade bot cores should not be that expensive anymore nowadays. The price - for having to get it once per char - is not really expensive compared to what pro players claim to farm per hour. (Even without dedicated grinding it should be obtainable.)

Most content can be played without maxing out. And that is the point of GW2. In games like WoW you need to grind raid A a ton of times to get gear to be able to even get to to raid B (to not get one-shot and to get into groups). If you max out builds trying to experiment to max dps and stuff ... obviously it will be costly.

But the normal player can just slowly adjust things and still play most of the game - i barely switched anything in my gear. Unless I want to play raids, harder strikes or T4 fractals ... I never had a problem - progressing to fractal 75, doing easy IBS strikes - and all other content that is open world where you don't have the "50k dps min or instant kick" groups. 😄

This is as optional as the 10k infusion on the TP.

They could change stuff. But then it might be "too easy" again for others. Or too fast to max everthing out. Or they would have to put in grind at other places again. The way it is now ... is fine.

Edit: Basically what someone on the previous page described as "simlifying builds" - but if you try to experiment for "maxing out" it obiously will be more costly. And should be that way.

Edited by Luthan.5236

5 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

where do i find stat select jewely and weapon, wvw the robot i found only gives armors

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/TEID-07_Unified_Vendor_System

is that one good enought? It is in ethernal batltegrounds, but on all server in starting area. And you need badgers of honor.

There is also:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor

But skirmish tokens are comming slower, and better save them for ascended weapon/armour.

5 hours ago, evilcat.6817 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/TEID-07_Unified_Vendor_System

is that one good enought? It is in ethernal batltegrounds, but on all server in starting area. And you need badgers of honor.

There is also:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor

But skirmish tokens are comming slower, and better save them for ascended weapon/armour.

oh now i found the weapons. didnt have it the last time

or maybe i am just an idiot

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, RagiNagi.1802 said:

I would like to have the possibility to switch up builds on the go for my main char.

Just one char?

What's the trouble there?

Power, Condi, Heal and maybe Cele/Hybrid or very tanky - all where it makes sense.
I surely wouldn't equip a thief like that but my rev, guard and warrior are. And my necro and ele half way.
Going for heavy legendary armor was not a choice there but a must ^^ But my chars were already equipped with 3-4 slots before. And cele was not easy back then. There was less easy-to-get stats select equipment around.