Stuck at 96% world completion. Please help?

Wisty.9824

Hello. I recently decided to work on obtaining the Been There Done That achievement which requires you to explore every bit of Tyria. I'm now stuck at 96% completion, however, and I cannot figure out what I am missing. The research I've done so far has told me that PvP maps are no longer needed for the achievement and the expansion maps are also no required. Someone can correct this if that is not true, however. Every city/zone that is to my knowledge required for the achievement shows as 100% explored when I hover over them on the world map. I've been following the zones listed on the GW2 Wiki section on map exploration/completion and as far as I can tell I should be all done. 

If it helps, these are my current "stats":

Hearts: 290/303

Hero Points: 184/189

Waypoints: 471/486

Vistas: 221/226

Points of Interest: 643/653

Is there somewhere super obvious/super hidden I am missing for this? Am I bugged? I am incredibly lost and confused right now and any insight at all is greatly appreciated!

No you've probably done nothing wrong. Some areas of the maps which will include hearts, vistas and Poi dont show up unless you are really really close to them. One such example is the vista in the area of Malchor's fingers in Malchor's leap. There is a heart at Terra combusta in Blazeridge Steppes where you help an Asura with harpies that again doesnt show up unless you are close.

Added to Costepj's sugestion above once you work out which maps arent at 100% completion go to each in turn and then open up the map again. if you hover over the poi / vista and heart icons at the top left any that have been revealed on the map but not completed will flash. The other thing to do on maps that arent completed is look out for the Scout icons on the map. Each scout when activated will reveal areas that they are aware of that haven't been explored by you - they typically with reveal heart locations.

Make sure you have entered each of the home instances in each races starting cities., there are poi's in there

Lastly make sure you enter the various pact headquarters. The Priory in Lornar's Pass, the Vigil Keep in Gendarran fields and the Order of Whispers in Bloodtide Coast.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes. Check allt the zones. Most likely you missed something. If you have uncompleted zones and don't see anything left on your map in game compare the map to the wiki - some zones have a bit hidden stuff and the missing things might as well have been from different maps and not only one full missing map.

The relevant wiki page already got linked. If you had a loooooooong break check the added stuff at the bottom. There are also commonly missed things listed. (Don't for get the Chantry of Secrets POI.)

There might be some stuff that is a bit offside the usual way you move through - where you might have missed stuff. (Maps with only connection to one other map where you usually did not need to pass through. Like Harathi Hinterlands.)

Coming back to this after some sleep under my belt, you've helped me realize that I am utterly blind and somehow managed to completely miss Fields of Ruin staring me in the face the entire time. I will be tackling that once I get home from work tonight. Thank you for all of your responses! They definitely helped point me in the right direction. 🙂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good luck. (Let's hope there is not some other POI missing somewhere after you finished that map.) So it really was Fields of Ruin? Interesting - this really fit with the list that the first post mentioning it linked for some of the numbers - though some seemed a bit different (but maybe an auto unlocked waypoint).

That map really is one where you don't usually pass through. Depending on the order selected in the core personal story - you might move there. I think the Vigil has story there. But when you normally progress - even when playing a charr - it is easy to miss. Since the normal story takes you from the beginner maps through Lion's Arch. Then later to Orr. The intended thing probably really was to move there from the portal in Divinity's Reach.

23 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Good luck. (Let's hope there is not some other POI missing somewhere after you finished that map.) So it really was Fields of Ruin? Interesting - this really fit with the list that the first post mentioning it linked for some of the numbers - though some seemed a bit different (but maybe an auto unlocked waypoint).

That map really is one where you don't usually pass through. Depending on the order selected in the core personal story - you might move there. I think the Vigil has story there. But when you normally progress - even when playing a charr - it is easy to miss. Since the normal story takes you from the beginner maps through Lion's Arch. Then later to Orr. The intended thing probably really was to move there from the portal in Divinity's Reach.

Yes, it was genuinely just Fields of Ruin hiding in plain sight! xD I had one single way point in the zone but nothing else! Once I explored the area I got my achievement! If there is one thing I've learned today it is that I am blind as a bat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wisty.9824 said:

Yes, it was genuinely just Fields of Ruin hiding in plain sight! xD I had one single way point in the zone but nothing else! Once I explored the area I got my achievement! If there is one thing I've learned today it is that I am blind as a bat. 

Just wait till it happens again with a new toon 😉 Happens to me all the time, from forgetting where poi's are to having a bit of map still uncovered and so on. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 8:21 AM, Wisty.9824 said:

Hello. I recently decided to work on obtaining the Been There Done That achievement which requires you to explore every bit of Tyria. I'm now stuck at 96% completion, however, and I cannot figure out what I am missing. The research I've done so far has told me that PvP maps are no longer needed for the achievement and the expansion maps are also no required. Someone can correct this if that is not true, however. Every city/zone that is to my knowledge required for the achievement shows as 100% explored when I hover over them on the world map. I've been following the zones listed on the GW2 Wiki section on map exploration/completion and as far as I can tell I should be all done. 

If it helps, these are my current "stats":

Hearts: 290/303

Hero Points: 184/189

Waypoints: 471/486

Vistas: 221/226

Points of Interest: 643/653

Is there somewhere super obvious/super hidden I am missing for this? Am I bugged? I am incredibly lost and confused right now and any insight at all is greatly appreciated!

Hey get with me buddy I can help! I have four toons at 96% but I am also aware of what needs to be done too! Just hmu in game and I will get us some Gifts! I need you for the self motivation to get it done... sigh.

Nero.3108