Set Off Chain Reactions with the Engineer Short Bow Proficiency

Rubi Bayer.8493

I really hope @Rubi Bayer.8493 some changes are coming for shortbow engi’s based on feedback. As engineer main from beginning, I was excited for the shortbow until the announcement and playing the beta.  I am never one to post on the forums and critique, but the negative feedback on this will definately have people questioning whether to invest in expac 5. I don’t want this to happen! Can we get some kind of input whether this has been looked at, please? Thank you for reading this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

• 2 weeks later...

Short bow is just unacceptable in its current state. Engie being the only class to get no new weapon in the update would somehow still feel better, everyone will just ignore it in-game anyways. Why even waste space by adding it's code into the game? 

EDIT-

I don't ever post on the forums. But its that bad, I felt I had to join in the negative feedback of this weapon. 

Edited by Lasermonkey.7984
Adding to comment.
  • Thanks 5

• 4 weeks later...

- Essence of Animated should be an Ammo skill with a decent cooldown for better reliability. 

- Essence of Living Shadows should have healing and regeneration as the initial effect and the condi removal is fine for the chain rxn\

- Essence of borrowed time should get 2s quickness on it's initial application

- Damage on all skills needs to come up a bit. I understand its a support weapon but wtf?

• Like 2

I've been playing with short bow since the last update. I'm not sure what use case there is for it or what problem it tries to solve. I've not had a single situation yet where I've gone "i really feel like this weapon is fulfilling my needs as an engineer". It's quite the opposite. If perhaps there is a value statement that could highlight why engineer got short bow with these abilities I might understand. But it just makes no sense as it stands.

Edited by Tiamat.8254
Typo
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, Zzik.5873 said:

Shortbow is really meh, Im I missimg something?

You are missing nothing. It's just a bad weapon. It's ok at best at a support weapon, but mace/shield is just better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1