Conundrum for ANET

Heibi.4251

In the NA servers:

13 Full Servers, 7 Very High Servers, 4 High Servers. Are you going to put 2 full servers together? Or are you going to finally make 1 of the servers go it alone? I know which one I would pick. It's your favorite.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well there's currently two links with two full servers SBI/IOJ, DB/CD, both of which sit in T3/4. So even if you put two full servers together it doesn't automatically mean they're T1 servers. They're obviously not going to make Mag go alone. Frankly I'd rather they stay up in T1 with all the ppters, would be great if all the chicken kitten boon blobbers would be in T1 too, but beggars can't be choosers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

In the NA servers:

13 Full Servers, 7 Very High Servers, 4 High Servers. Are you going to put 2 full servers together? Or are you going to finally make 1 of the servers go it alone? I know which one I would pick. It's your favorite.

24 NA, 24/2 = 12. 12/3 = 4. So if you have a server go solo to create 5 tiers what are you picturing for the other servers filling in that tier? Or are you saying 4 tiers and then again how are you seeing this play out with mixing the number of servers in each tier? We did this a few years back and it wasn't balanced either and lead to some serious out of balance tiers in NA. So how would this be different in what you are planning?

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

24 NA, 24/2 = 12. 12/3 = 4

Meanwhile in the EU

27eu, 27/2 = 13.5  13.5/3=4.5  ------> which is not exactly = 5

We have 4 games + 1 broken game quite a bit. and for many years now.

So what are the plans for us in the EU?

p.s. 

yes . Im confused too about this topic

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Confused 1

Well, the alternative would be to run all NA servers solo for one run, so people can see how big/small their servers really are. (I expect the majority would really dislike that experience).

But I think ANet has been very aggressively trying to reduce/cull the population cap in order to get servers smaller but more even. So a single server now probably wouldn't be big enough to be enjoyable for most players. (I personally would enjoy the flashback to play in old Tier8!)

8 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

In the NA servers:

Yeah, I think SoS should go it alone.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

Well, the alternative would be to run all NA servers solo for one run, so people can see how big/small their servers really are. (I expect the majority would really dislike that experience).

But I think ANet has been very aggressively trying to reduce/cull the population cap in order to get servers smaller but more even. So a single server now probably wouldn't be big enough to be enjoyable for most players. (I personally would enjoy the flashback to play in old Tier8!)

Some people need to feel the pain in order to finally understand. It's been 7 years since solo servers, maybe new people need a lesson.

But any changes would need anet to give a kitten about wvw in the first place. We'll just have to wait on WR beta in late jan when the janitor has time to do some programing in the basement broom closet after the holidays.

12 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

In the NA servers:

Timely answer lol

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-update-guild-hall-arenas-and-world-restructuring-beta/

I always thought the issue is what do these designations even mean? Severs are rarely medium or low, but there are some really dead servers out there that are allegedly  high.

I always wanted to know how many people play this game but that seems to be kept a mystery.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480