Ranger fire bow (Bring back preparations)

SoulGuardian.6203

2 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

And this has NOTHING , zero, to do at all with Original Post.

It was merely response to your own response within a thread. If you don't like me pointing out how comparing calling a weapon performance "kinda meme" to murder, is a very silly move, then all you needed to do, was to like, not make the comparision.

What it looks like here @Lord Trejgon.2809 is that you're the one trying too hard to divert the attention of devs

I am not trying to hard anythin,g this is barely my third post, in this thread (were only two when you wrote that I am trying hard) and that is after two pages of your major upset over how insulting I was to devs by daring to call warrior longbow's performance "meme".

in order to hilight a nonsense drama

"nonsense drama", bruh you went full rant mode for two pages over my one comment, and now you are trying to claim I and trying to highlight a nonsense drama that you yourself have made?

36 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

When i meet rangers with longbow it is usualy a free kill, if they run things like gs/axe wh  or axe dagger/ staff   then it can get nasty (others weapons too )

Interesting, considering that the only ranger using GS or axes I meet in wvw it is myself. Rest of the world seems to use longbows. And the unmitigated burst they can do is fairly scary for those characters I do run. (Notably most of my currently active "builds" do not have nearly enough projectile hate to shut that down properly, so that may impact the experience of danger of a fight)

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sansar.1302 said:

When i meet rangers with longbow it is usualy a free kill, if they run things like gs/axe wh  or axe dagger/ staff   then it can get nasty (others weapons too )

LB ranger are about 8:1:1 ratio, where 8 is new players that just hope to get easy oneshot kills or assists with Barrage, 1 is players that know their stuff and another 1 is players that kinda know what they are doing, but lack experience.
On the other hand nearly everyone running anything else, is experienced enough to play ranger and match up to other, arguably better classes.

Ranger was my very first character that stayed after trying guardian... 

It is perhaps the class I played with the most and more likely my favourite. 

That's why I'm really keen to make it the best it possibly can be.

Therefore my requests for more options.

It doesn't really matter now anyways.

I've bitten the bullet, as they say, and deleted this specific ranger character to make it a berserker so in order to use the fire bow, and apply burning.

I just hope this character isn't going to be just like my other that I keep switching between elementalist and engineer every 3 months or so.

😂

Why is this topic so aggro?

We had this functionality in GW1...called preparations:

Preparation - Guild Wars Wiki (GWW)

This is something I'd like to see return and we do have a single skill like it--sharpening stone.  It wouldn't have to be limited to bow type, just extra utility that could be slotted--obviously tuning it as 10 stacks of burning is far different than 10 stacks of bleed.

In fact, things like 'read the wind' were a far better solution than blanket quickness boon but that's an entirely different discussion lol.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This is something I'd like to see return and we do have a single skill like it--sharpening stone.  It wouldn't have to be limited to bow type, just extra utility that could be slotted--obviously tuning it as 10 stacks of burning is far different than 10 stacks of bleed.

In fact, things like 'read the wind' were a far better solution than blanket quickness boon but that's an entirely different discussion lol.  

Because OP did not suggest a preparation, OP suggested adding whole new weapon type, so he can have warrior bow (with it's relevant skills) on a ranger.

As for Preparations making a return - I am all for that, some of them were very fun skills to use.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This is an excellent idea and I shall change the title to that.

• SoulGuardian.6203 changed the title to Ranger fire bow (Bring back preparations)