Why does empathic bond even exist?

Silvoshipnos.2089

Empathic bond: "Using a Beast trait removes conditions from you and your pet. Swapping pets recharges this trait"

Which at best will remove condis every 20 seconds and this is competing against wilderness knowledge which just adds that 2 condi removal to every survival skill and adds 6 seconds of fury on top of it.

Why does Empathic bond even exist? Can we get it sapped for something useful? We have traits like this and all we are getting is an update to the very lacklustre repertoire of pets

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Contrary to wilderness knowledge, it cleanse your pet as well and doesn't need you to use a specific kind of utility skills. 

True, but blowing your F2s for condi cleanse has same type of issue, since most of those are CC/utility based.  It's akin to how they balanced Druid around CA being offensive if you take Eclipse, it just leads to some really weird gameplay experiences.

With WK you use something like sharpening stone, then even if you don't need it right then can wait because it stays stacked, there is no waste there to get a free condi cleanse.  Same way with dodge roll trait or cleansing unleash--you aren't losing anything.  With EB you are potentially putting yourself in a very bad corner to clear out two condis, four if you go all out and clear / swap / clear.

If they upped it to three/four condis it may be competitive then, as there would be acutal reason to use your F2/pet swap resources.  Reasoning comes from something like Drudic Clarity, which also forces you to use a resource but clears three conditions.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Contrary to wilderness knowledge, it cleanse your pet as well and doesn't need you to use a specific kind of utility skills. Also, with beastmastery and Alacrity existing, the CD can be reduced significantly.

Alacrity would also affect all the survival skills and if you swap pets your pet stops having any conditions.

It is a useless trait and you won't find any build running it because it's bad. I don't know why you are defending it.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Silvoshipnos.2089 said:

Alacrity would also affect all the survival skills and if you swap pets your pet stops having any conditions.

It is a useless trait and you won't find any build running it because it's bad. I don't know why you are defending it.

I'm not "defending" it, I'm pointing out what you don't want to see. It cleanse your pet as well and don't monopolize any of your precious utility skills slot while you paint it as something that have a 20s hard CD which in fact can be reduced significantly. 

The trait cater to a kind of play style that make use of pet swapping like carion bond, shared anguish, spirited arrival or even Zephyr's speed. You might not see the use, but I do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm not "defending" it, I'm pointing out what you don't want to see. It cleanse your pet as well and don't monopolize any of your precious utility skills slot while you paint it as something that have a 20s hard CD which in fact can be reduced significantly. 

The trait cater to a kind of play style that make use of pet swapping like carion bond, shared anguish, spirited arrival or even Zephyr's speed. You might not see the use, but I do.

Clueless...do you know the difference between "on swap" and "on beast skill"...even better do you know what counts as beast skill? What kind of "playstyle" is to use beast skill to clear condis rather than when needed? ...Please show us an example of this gameplay with empathic bond...so far no ranger build seems to be using to...so you may be onto something

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Clueless...do you know the difference between "on swap" and "on beast skill"...even better do you know what counts as beast skill? What kind of "playstyle" is to use beast skill to clear condis rather than when needed? ...Please show us an example of this gameplay with empathic bond...so far no ranger build seems to be using to...so you may be onto something

Have you realized that the trait's CD recharge on pet swap? Probably not, you're to engrossed in believing that ranger is trash.

Edited by Dadnir.5038