Living World Seasons Should Be Bundled With Expansions

Marckan.9526

This is a no-brainer, each expansion should come with the Living World season that leads up to it - meaning season 2 should be bundled with HoT etc.

The way it is now just feels predatory and the pricing makes no sense either. At the current sale all LW seasons are priced 50% higher than all the expansions:

3 expansions: 20€

3 expansions + LW: 50€

Are you really saying that LW is worth more than all of the expansions (30€ compared to 20€)?

If the seasons only contained story I would be somewhat more okay with keeping them separated but if you haven't got the seasons you're missing out on so many maps and rewards such as ascended trinkets and even a legendary amulet, a path to the Skyscale etc.

I want to pitch GW2 to my already reluctant WoW-veteran of an SO but I feel shameful about telling her the old expansions are priced at a whooping 100€, and that doesn't even get her the new expansion...

For a new player it's also very confusing, what even is Living World, do you need it, can you buy it later? This brings people out of your shop and onto YouTube to find answers. A horrible first experience in my opinion.

125€ is the current price of GW2, sure it's a massive amount of content but so is the price tag. And the way it is layed out in front of the customer makes it so I can't even recommend anybody buying the full game as it currently sits on the shelf.

Shame on you, ANet.

Edited by Marckan.9526
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

20 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Been discussed ad nauseum.  Please use the forums search feature.

It has, but it's just getting worse for every expansion released. As far as I know GW2 in it's entirety has never been this expensive.

125€ is an obscene amount of money for a game.

My point here is that there is a cap to that people are willing to pay, especially for a 10+ year old game.

Think of it like repairing an old car, if I pay a repair shop to fix my old dead beat of a car the price I pay relative to what the car is worth makes sure I will never get that money back even if I sell the car immediately.

The same thing applies to games, you can't ask a price based on how many hours of content there is when the game is as old as this as the price will be too high for anybody to want to pay for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 10

33 minutes ago, Marckan.9526 said:

It has, but it's just getting worse for every expansion released. As far as I know GW2 in it's entirety has never been this expensive.

My point here is that there is a cap to that people are willing to pay, especially for a 10+ year old game.

Think of it like repairing an old car, if I pay a repair shop to fix my old dead beat of a car the price I pay relative to what the car is worth makes sure I will never get that money back even if I sell the car immediately.

The same thing applies to games, you can't ask a price based on how many hours of content there is when the game is as old as this as the price will be too high for anybody to want to pay for.

age don't matter on an active MMO, this isn't a console game, or offline game. 

your argument is null.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Marckan.9526 said:

Good news latest mini expansion did just that so it will work like you want going forward.

You will still have to buy with cash or gem to gold season 2-5 tho.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marckan.9526 said:

It's not obscene if you consider how much you'd pay in subscription fees over the past 11 years.

Also, you car analogy doesn't really work.  If you kept up your maintenance on your car, then you wouldn't have such a large repair bill at one time later.    Also, online games don't hold any intrinsic value like an automobile would.

Additionally, one does not need to purchase all LS episodes at the same time.  One can purchase them piecemeal or on a budget where one buys a few chapters at a time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

So you want the game for free, gotcha.

Ignore the fact that many of us paid more than the 125 euros you mention, in order to have all the expansions, since back then they had full price, base game wasn't free and HoT costed as much as base game, which was 60 euros, so 120 euros total, just for these two, then add all the other expansions.

Ignore the fact that we didn't buy them at price reduction.

Ignore the fact that the game gives you so much content for the said money.

Ignore the fact that this game does not require monthly subscription.

Ignore, Ignore, Ignore...

Edited by Crono.4197
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

It would be enought if there was a web shop option to buy LW seasons for $$$ just like LW2. There could be even season nundle.

There is a fact that there is so much content, and if you buy too much it could be overhelming. It could be easier to buy in small bites. And if you dont like game at some point... you havent paid 150 for it yet.

The process buy gems, and then buy LW but ingame isnt super easy, especially when LW prices are off from gems packs.

So just add LW3-5 as web shop item.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

nope. Anet needs to make money, and mount skins ain't enough. you can the small amount of money for the massive amount of content those LS gave.

U can buy GOLD, wich can buy EVERY TRADEABLE ITEM IN THE GAME, I don't think u should be sided with anet, instead sided with players, remember anet is a company...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/26/2023 at 5:53 AM, Marckan.9526 said:

Warframe is 10+ years old and still rakes in money despite its age. WoW could legally vote, costs more per year than the "obscene amount of money for a game" that is 125€ and is pretty much bringing in the most amount of money out of any MMOs, FF14 Online is also around the same age as GW2 while costing an "obscene amount of money for a game" per year and still does well.

There are many more games that are getting old and still costs over 100€ for all content, those games going on is proof that there is no cap to how much people are willing to pay.

Almost forgot how most new games are 70€ base, slap a DLC and a battle pass on and in less than a year you'll be getting close to 125€, but, those are new games, so I guess paying that much is perfectly fine.

You also seem to forget that 125€ is not how much people paid who play since the start as the game went free while HoT became cheaper and got combined with PoF for purchase for only 30€.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1