Corrupts ... yes another topic (wvw)

Nefras.7314

Initially, they decreased the boon corrupts on Axe 3 and Spiteful Spirit from 2 to 1. Later, in June, the corrupts were completely removed and transformed into strips, still limited to just 1.

Now, the reactivated Sword 3 leap is receiving 2 boon corrupts with the same animation as Axe 3/Spiteful Spirit.

It would be great if we could have all our corrupts back now. It seems they weren't as overpowering as thought, especially considering they're being reintroduced on a new weapon.

Edited by Nefras.7314
  • Like 15

The only thing I want for necro is for the signet trait change to be reverted. I had a wicked cool spite, death magic, reaper build using greatsword that was super fun to play and it got completely gutted by that change. There's no reason to ever take the new trait because it's just worse than Chill of Death.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034

21 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I don't mind losing the corrupts from Axe and the spite trait line, I've always looked at those as being power damage + boon rip thematically. I didn't like losing the corrupt on dagger 3 and 5 and the trait that goes with it.

Im big sad about the axe 3 corrupt nerf as it was really strong for roaming. Gotta love how the text still states: 'Cripple nearby foes and convert their boons into conditions' - Spiteful Spirit

But youre absolutely right that corrupts fit d3/5 and curses with weakening shroud much more in terms of class design. 

Edited by Nefras.7314
  • Like 1

Dagger 5 Skill feels weak some auto attacks are more rewarding. its fine change with axe and spite now remove boons. Axe and Focus are kinda the Range Boon Remove Weapons and Spite Supports this playstyle. 

Curse should the real Boon into Condtion theme Scepter already has this effect and curse Support this.  Offhand dagger is part of this. yeah aoe boon into Condition seems problem in modes like WvW maybe give weakening shroud and dagger 5 addtional effect or Condtions idk the best part about this trait is the weakness on crit offhand dagger 5 effect needs more rewarding effect for this cast time it has.

Main hand dagger and warhorn seems blood theme but idk this weapons need rework. 

14 hours ago, Urgot.9084 said:

Main hand dagger and warhorn seems blood theme but idk this weapons need rework.

I do kind of agree, the main hand dagger should almost be reworked into more of a support weapon. I wouldn't want anet to change warhorn because I like the kit as it is, but maybe they could add more support when you trait it.

12 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I do kind of agree, the main hand dagger should almost be reworked into more of a support weapon. I wouldn't want anet to change warhorn because I like the kit as it is, but maybe they could add more support when you trait it.

Warhorn dont really need full rework true. Warhorn 4 is fine but im not a fan of warhorn 5. old Warhorn 5 with strike damage and criple was way better.

• Like 1