From the Balance notes today:

Lan Deathrider.5910

At this point, I'd rather each of the GMs buff 1 of the different slashes heavily as a balance. Like if you're so scared of people going durrrr boost dash stun unblock too strongggg then maybe don't nerf the boost dash delay or remove the stun, make the trait apply to only 1 of the slashes that isn't overloaded in application to balance it out. 

If  unnerfed Unyielding only applied to Dragon Slash Force, I doubt anyone would be apeing out of their minds. 

So how it'll look like: 

Immortal Dragon grants Barrier and Heals for each Flow charge spent charging up, only affects Reach. You gain Protection when converting Flow. 

Unyielding Dragon unblockable, unblindable, Stuns, only affects Force. You gain Might when converting Flow.

Daring Dragon Flow conversion is doubled, you have less max charge, each charge increases the distance of Boost by an additional 100 units (additional 500 units essentially). You gain Resistance when converting Flow. 

See what I'm getting at? Massively buff a specific Dragon Slash catering to the player's combat style. If you go Immortal, you wanna play safe, so you use Reach alot and do poke style combat. If you go Unyielding, you are either PvE or in the thick of it, surprising enemies with huge burst. If you go Daring, you want to be hyper mobile, and if you fully charge your Boost, you can rapidly dash up to 1200 units. 

I don't think any of these are wild or OP either. I mean, look at Willbender. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

At this point, I'd rather each of the GMs buff 1 of the different slashes heavily as a balance. Like if you're so scared of people going durrrr boost dash stun unblock too strongggg then maybe don't nerf the boost dash delay or remove the stun, make the trait apply to only 1 of the slashes that isn't overloaded in application to balance it out. 

If  unnerfed Unyielding only applied to Dragon Slash Force, I doubt anyone would be apeing out of their minds. 

So how it'll look like: 

Immortal Dragon grants Barrier and Heals for each Flow charge spent charging up, only affects Reach. You gain Protection when converting Flow. 

Unyielding Dragon unblockable, unblindable, Stuns, only affects Force. You gain Might when converting Flow.

Daring Dragon Flow conversion is doubled, you have less max charge, each charge increases the distance of Boost by an additional 100 units (additional 500 units essentially). You gain Resistance when converting Flow. 

See what I'm getting at? Massively buff a specific Dragon Slash catering to the player's combat style. If you go Immortal, you wanna play safe, so you use Reach alot and do poke style combat. If you go Unyielding, you are either PvE or in the thick of it, surprising enemies with huge burst. If you go Daring, you want to be hyper mobile, and if you fully charge your Boost, you can rapidly dash up to 1200 units. 

I don't think any of these are wild or OP either. I mean, look at Willbender. 

Removing the stun is a bizarre move all around. Its like if way back in 2017/2018 when they nerfed MMR, Adrenal Health and the Might generated by Magebane Tether like they did to try and rein in Spellbreaker sustain they instead removed the Pull from Magebane Tether. That would not make any sense. At all. Which is why this approach they took makes no sense. Granted they didn't exactly give a reasoning for it, they just...did it and left us to speculate.

Edited by KryTiKaL.3125
  • Like 1