Black Lion Chest Fail

Just now, Cronospere.8143 said:

I guess I dont play that much hehe. 

Each zone completion has a 33% chance to give a key. I have a ton of characters and usually complete 4 to 6 maps while leveling new characters. I get 2 keys that way per character. Another 1/ week from doing the level 10 personal story. Only doable once each, but it's another 5 keys for each mini pet collection (shiba, skimmer, etc). Recently Springer was in the BLC so those were relatively cheap. I think I completed the collection for about 120g. Not bad for 5 keys. There's a number of other story steps that give keys too if you are doing the personal story on different characters higher than 10. Even expansion map completions can give keys, so having done EoD a few times on different character gave me a couple.
There are PvP reward tracks that reward keys too.

basically, there's a few different ways to build them up over time, in addition to paying real money or converting gems and buying them.

If you haven't yet, please reach out to our Customer Support team.

So just to be clear, replacements are meant to be comparable, right?  because these were items that dropped from that rare 5th box that rarely happens with normal keys and I already got that 5th box with these mining tools.

14 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, we did correct this in the latest game build, so once you update your game client it shouldn't be an issue any longer!

sorry I goofed the above post. I just wanted to be clear, customer support is going to replace the tools but the replacement is going to be comparable, right? those tools are a 5th box drop only and a normal BL chest key doesn't guarantee that drop that we already recieved with the normal key.

5 minutes ago, satans plea.1704 said:

sorry I goofed the above post. I just wanted to be clear, customer support is going to replace the tools but the replacement is going to be comparable, right? those tools are a 5th box drop only and a normal BL chest key doesn't guarantee that drop that we already recieved with the normal key.

Enjoy your Dye kit and Transmutation charge.

Seriously though, if you do get an equivalent value item it will be the Clockwork Scythe Staff Skin, BL claim ticket, Vintage BL Weapon Box, or an Abyss Stalker Weapon, as these are all from the Uncommon list in the current box, the same as the Mining Tool.

In all likelihood they will either refund a key, or give you a BL ticket.

• Like 2

oh, I'm in a email back & forth now. first they offered 7 normal keys for replacement of 7 RARE items. I said thats not a comparable replacement. so next mail offered 5 normal keys & 2 golden ones.  wtf

why is it so difficult to just give the equal value replacement? we are not asking for the world here. geez

I even offered to delete everything I got except the rare item drop to be fair.

Edited by satans plea.1704
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, satans plea.1704 said:

oh, I'm in a email back & forth now. first they offered 7 normal keys for replacement of 7 RARE items. I said thats not a comparable replacement. so next mail offered 5 normal keys & 2 golden ones.  wtf

why is it so difficult to just give the equal value replacement? we are not asking for the world here. geez

I even offered to delete everything I got except the rare item drop to be fair.

Yea, it sounds like reimbursement should have just been 7 golden keys for 7 mining tools. Should be a fairly simple resolution.

• Like 1

Got a final reply for my 'fair,compairable' replacment... really is so nice to see you put so much real money into the game and you can't even get an equal replacement for an issue that they caused... just awesome anet.

Senior GM Pyriel (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Dec 1, 2023, 08:09 PST

Hello,

We have reviewed your concern with the team. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant your request, the previous offer to discard 7 duplicate Exalted mining tools in exchange for 5 Black Lion Chest Keys and 2 Golden Black Lion Chest Keys is the best we can offer.

If you wish to accept this offer, discard the 7 duplicate Exalted mining tools and let us know.

Regards,

Senior GM Pyriel
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

so my 7 rare items that I got opening black lion boxes, fairly, no cheating or  hacking, have turned into 2 rare items & a 'maybe you'll get lucky' with the other 5. I don't even know what to say to that. thank you anet for screwing me over? maybe?

well thanks everyone that came to read my post, hope you all have a great day.

Edited by satans plea.1704
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• ArenaNet Staff

Good morning all, I looked into this as soon as I got in this morning. I'm very sorry, this was an oversight and those of you who were impacted by this bug should be receiving Golden Black Lion Chest Keys. If you haven't yet contacted our Customer Support team, please do. If you've already contacted them, they'll reach out via your ticket.

• Thanks 4

This is really the right thing to happen. Anyone working with a GM at the moment, whether they agreed to the previous deal or not should get exactly how many GOLDEN keys they were burned on. This is just doing the right thing. I've been watching this post and I just knew that if this was reviewed the right thing would happen. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Good morning all, I looked into this as soon as I got in this morning. I'm very sorry, this was an oversight and those of you who were impacted by this bug should be receiving Golden Black Lion Chest Keys. If you haven't yet contacted our Customer Support team, please do. If you've already contacted them, they'll reach out via your ticket.

Thank you so much Rubi Bayer.8493, you really are fantastic. For getting involved in my post and in the scheme of things, minor issue. I was getting quite frustrated trying to explain "equal value", that I wasn't trying to cheat extra stuff just the same I already received. You really are awesome and very fair with us players.

I for one, appreciate you and everything you do. thank you. Have a great day!

• Like 1