Why did they nerf Emergency Elixir and Transmute?

Calen.8945

While I liked most of the things that come out of the Nov. 28th patch, I still don't understand the point of this change. Having a 3k barrier as a passive safety net was great for survivability, and it's the same for having the passive condition cleanse. Now that they are lock to the healing and elite skill they are not as valuable as they were.

Why is Anet removing all of our passive skills one after the next? I still remember when we had the passive stun break in the Tool trait line (rip) Now it's just another cleanse locked to the heal skill. Why is Anet overloading the healing and elite skills lately? kitten hell is going on with the balancing?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Calen.8945 said:

Why is Anet removing all of our passive skills one after the next?

Because they dislike passive procs. And their cooldowns reflected that. 100 seconds for 3k barrier, 100 seconds for 3 condi conversion? Those were incredibly awful. Now you can have that 3 condi conversion every14,5-30 seconds, and could proc that 3k barrier every 20 second, at best 120 at worst. This also means, that you have more power over when to get these.

On the other hand, I can make a build now, that cleanses something like 8 conditions on heal, so on heal cleanses are definitely plenty at the moment.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Calen.8945 said:

While I liked most of the things that come out of the Nov. 28th patch, I still don't understand the point of this change. Having a 3k barrier as a passive safety net was great for survivability, and it's the same for having the passive condition cleanse. Now that they are lock to the healing and elite skill they are not as valuable as they were.

Why is Anet removing all of our passive skills one after the next? I still remember when we had the passive stun break in the Tool trait line (rip) Now it's just another cleanse locked to the heal skill. Why is Anet overloading the healing and elite skills lately? kitten hell is going on with the balancing?

I agree on the Emergency Elixir, because it's name clearly implies it's purpose and having it proc on Elite skill use makes less sense. But I can't say that the Transmute change was a nerf. we can now proc it much more often and 3 condition converts is not a small deal, especially considering this trait is on Alchemy, which already synergizes with Boon application and condition removal pretty well. 

As wasss.1208 said, we can now have healing skills that remove a very respectable amount of Conditions. You can even use Transmute in conjunction with Lesser Utility Goggles to get any healing skill to shave off at least 4 conditions when used.  I'm using this with Coolant Blast, which already has a massive Condi cleanse as a toolbelt, and having the heal itself be a blast finisher that can interact with a Light Field for an additional cleanse is actually pretty good. 

Going back to Emergency Elixir, I think it could be better implemented as a short invulnerability period as well as the protection it already has. But it's very unlikely. 

It's starting to feel like the alchemy traitline is just a dead traitline since it was more or less completely held together by these things, it doesn't really offer all that much else considering, pair that with every other traitline being to mass boon anyway and there is no point in a boon traitline.

My only thoughts on that is that they may consider reworking firearms and alchemy somehow, for example changing pinpoint distribution to alchemical distribution and putting it in alchemy while allowing it to trigger alchemy traits like HGH but then HGH might need it's own rework since you can literally 25 might  everyone without even traiting for might at all now via the midnight king relic.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, wasss.1208 said:

100 seconds for 3k barrier, 100 seconds for 3 condi conversion?

The PvE CD is 40s and it's still 40s. All of the game mode CD are the same. Well, not Transmute that's just the healing CD.

Edited by Calen.8945

5 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

It's starting to feel like the alchemy traitline is just a dead traitline since it was more or less completely held together by these things, it doesn't really offer all that much else considering, pair that with every other traitline being to mass boon anyway and there is no point in a boon traitline.

Well, Alchemy does benefit builds that are boon heavy already. What's outdated about it I'd say are some values, not the whole system.

I've been using Alchemy for a while on a daily basis with my builds and I can't say the whole thing needs a rework, there are some traits that feel underwhelming, but that's simply because they're not as potent as they should be to match the current state of the game.

• Like 2

Actually transmute now is better IMO. Having more control on cleanse is great.

I agree for emergency elixir, being tied to ultimate skill is completely stupid. If you run mortar kit chances are you will get more trigger out of it but you will either trigger it when you dont need to or when it's too late. If you're not running mortar kit then you might as well forget this exist. 

• Like 3

hello

transmute is surely a heavy nerf, give some sense to the line alchemy with 20-30-40-100s cd depending on the game mode.

you knew you had a conversion of 2 or 3 condis into boons. trigger it with healing skill? why? i understand the remove of passive traits, but on healing it is really useless...

better to reintroduce old formula 409- using a elixir removes 1 condition!

emergency elixir? on elite? ive always found more consistent the comeback cure than emergency elixir

at this point for handling conditions - tools or inventions are even better trait and choice 

Edited by funghetto.1584
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, funghetto.1584 said:

at this point for handling conditions - tools or inventions are even better trait and choice

Yeah, with tools you get a cleanse every time you use your tool belt, and inventions it's every time you cast protect. So I don't see why someone would go into alchemy for cleanse locked to the heal.

14 hours ago, Calen.8945 said:

Yeah, with tools you get a cleanse every time you use your tool belt, and inventions it's every time you cast protect. So I don't see why someone would go into alchemy for cleanse locked to the heal.

Tools definitely seem to be THE condition cleanse line since they force a cleanse on you profession mechanic, I can see inventions being better if you had a build that procs Anticorrosion Plating often. Alchemy has the 1 trait that does condition convert, the rest are enhancements on the mechanic, either by Purity of Purpose or by Comeback Cure. Which can of course be compiled from both trait lines to make an Anti Condition/Boon Heavy build that quite literally benefits from having conditions applied to it.

I'd definitely not pick Alchemy as a standalone condition counter, but I would combine it with either Tools/Inventions to emphasize their existing effects while as well pushing a bit more condition counter for both myself and my allies.

This aside, some aspects of it could use a boost, I can't disagree to that. 

• Like 1