Allow change stats on Ascended trinket

Kallan.4593

Anet needs to make this change happen. Since the expansion I have gotten a lot more Ascended trinkets, mostly rings with stats that are not very useful. And I would hate to have to salvage them but instead, change them into more useful trinkets with stats that are mostly used. I would like to see them add the option of allowing all trinkets' stats to be changed like armor and weapons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

you can make a full set of stat-changeable ascended trinkets by using: blood ruby backpack, blood ruby amulet, 2x blood ruby ring (one infused, one not). and 2x mist-talisman from fractals, pvp or wvw; or if you want full agony resist slots you can use a mist band instead of the second blood ruby ring.

if you aren't salvaging your unused ascended trinkets then you're missing out on stabilising matrices. make sure you attune any rings before salvaging.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2

If you farm the LWS3 currencies (or have the home instance nodes), you'll have more than enough materials to buy all the trinkets you need.  I did this for quite a while - whenever I needed to change a build, I'd have the currencies to buy whatever trinket I needed (IIRC, when you buy the trinket, it is stat selectable, but fixed once chosen).

I mean at one side, if it is like changing stats on ascended armor & weapons (though presumably cheaper), I don't know I'd care - I'd never use it, but if someone else thought it was the best way to go, they could.  Of course, this diminishes the importance of the blood ruby pieces.  But given this content has been out for years at this point, it seems like something that is unlikely to change.

• Like 1

If you need to change your stats that often that you would need this, then I agree with @Ashen.2907. Look into getting Legendary trinkets.

Otherwise, salvage the buggers. You're missing out on stabilizing matrixes, which you'll need later (assuming you're running fractals of course). There are plenty of ways to get ascended trinkets with selectable stats, and they aren't hard to obtain either. Obviously if you are running fractals enough, buy mist trinkets. The Blood Ruby set is awesome as well, as those stats can be changed like armor/weapons. If you got laurels to waste, just go to a laurel vendor. I think it's like 30 or 40 laurels for one? Though the stats are limited.

But yeah, just salvage the ones that don't have the stats you want. Then spend the matrixes on stat infusions or whatever. Until we get 500 Jeweler to make our own, there are plenty of places to just buy the trinkets you need with the stats you want. Otherwise, invest in Legendary trinkets if you change your stats that often.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1