Every Class Got a New Weapon But Ele Just Got a New Thing To Complain About

Poelala.2830

On 12/3/2023 at 2:04 AM, Poelala.2830 said:

Every Class Got a New Weapon But Ele Just Got a New Thing To Complain About

I thought I was going to hate or be disappointed with 900 range pistol but it's alright. Definitely needs polish and some QoL. I've suggested a few things myself, but it's not a bad weapon. It has potential. And hey if you want to complain now that pistol is what it is, you can go back to asking for staff buffs. Which it definitely could use. Particularly velocity buffs for most of the projectiles.

• Confused 1

The idea of the pistol is great , playing with specific ammo , but i can already see the sweaty rotation to achieve something decent with it .

As fellow players say above if you completley dislike the weapon and the class, just change , trust me i have a long play time on ele but hasn't touch it since 3 years and i am happy , you should try other classes ,  i didn't even bother to try the new pistol cause i don't care about ele anymore (i still care a bit 😭, but very little), but yeah i've tryed the shortbow on engi ... and .. well i am speechless... the shortbow is the worst , but rifle for mez take the whole cake for me ❤️ , so not everything is bad in this new weapon beta.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/3/2023 at 9:59 AM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Eles always complain regardless of what Anet does.

Eles complain because there is zero reason for ele to exist in its current state as tryhard class...when rest of the game requires 2 frozen brain cells to run in its full glory! No reason for me to go through more complicated rotation for a mere 5s burning when I can spamm 1 button on a willbender lile you lot. Yeah I can play already other professions (took 1/10 of the time spent on ele) , been doing that for years and that's no reason not to complain...why troll legitimate threads? 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I didn't do a lot of testing of the pistol. I will say that to compete with scepter, it needs to do more damage in the absence of projectile denial/reflect and regular condi cleansing. Also condi should do more damage than power weapons considering they have to deal with cleanses. Pistol also requires facing the target which is a pretty big disadvantage in pvp/wvw compared to scepter. They should keep that in mind as they tune numbers. Thematically, the pistol looked ok... If the numbers are there, I'd use it situationally. 

Edited by nuggetjr.6571
  • Like 4

Elementalist is getting a weapon that, currently at least, feels like it was relying on a mechanic to draw attention from how pedestrian most of the skills are otherwise... and mostly still are even with the mechanic.

Engineer isn't receiving a weapon. They're being given a remote-detonated explosives kit that buffs allies that takes up the weaponset slot instead of a utility slot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1