Healmech underwater?

TheQuickFox.3826

Yesterday we had a T4+recs fractal group and a heal mechanist joined as healer. All went well until we got the T4 Aquatic Ruins (underwater) fractal and we got basically no healing at all. We failed it a few times until the mech was kicked and we got another healer. That player was fractal god by the way.

Is heal mech just broken underwater? I don't know anything about mech because I only play Tempest.
The heal mech player did not warn that he/she cannot heal underwater.

As the others already said, Mech doesn't appear at all when the player is underwater, so they're effectively loosing access to their profession mechanic, and to make matters worse, all signet skills are weaker when the Mech is not present, which is 100% of the time when underwater.

To put it simply, Mechanist is unable to do anything when not on land.

Edited by jason.1083
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

As the others have said, so I'd recommend that if possible the healmech swap to quick-scrap underwater, swapping with whatever quick is there, or the party simply deals with no alac as best they can from doubling up on quick.

This problem could totally be fixed if they let the mech work underwater, like a robo-shark or something.

Edited by Icefyer.9208
  • Like 2

They still haven't fixed signets having no effect when the mech is flying up. It's like they are trying to push the boundaries on how far they can go with crap design and bugs with engi. We are part of a huge psychological experiment to determine how much kitten we will put up with before abandoning the game.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

engi generally is broken under water. none of our class mechanics work. the only place where this is semi-relevant is the fractal and i'd honestly suggest they delete this fractal as uw-combat has no place in even mid-ranged content.

however, even the underwater garbage fractal should be easy enough to do without a healer. or somebody just occasionally doing elixir gun 5 or something.

Edited by zaced.7948
  • Confused 1

Lol were never having underwater mech. Dont get me wrong I would love too. But were talking about engi, anet dont care enought to give us a proprer new weapon, so cancel rework on mech. The only rework on mech I can see, is them nerfing the hell out of our healing variant by removing the barrier generation and putting alac on the engi jumping when at 180 unit of the mech or something stupid like this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

If we can't get a Mech underwater, even though it can literally exist and move underwater if you bug it in, then we should at least have the Harpoon gun auto apply a small barrier to nearby allies so that Mechanist has some way to apply consistent Alacrity.

Edited by Atmaweapon.7345
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

To be fair. A lot of boon heal and boon dps builds don’t function too well underwater. But if you need a healer for aquatic fractal the issue is going to be with your group rather than an individual. 

it’s often better to tackle this fractal as 5 dps. 

I think kicking a mech healer when you accepted them into your group knowing mech doesn’t work underwater is really uncool.