Idea for new Crafting discipline "Doctor"

Spirou.1964

If you are looking for something to RP with, you may want to snag some of these:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/MedKit

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Medical_Pack

Otherwise, this does not sound like a useful crafting profession, and I doubt there would be one dedicated to healing. Perhaps something could be created that could provide utility buffs like chefs' food/feasts but with different flavour, but mechanically speaking that would just be a duplication of what we already have. Doubtful this "doctor" idea will find footing in the game mechanics, though it sounds like you (or others?) enjoyed it as an RP element in Star Trek.

Ppl here want more new fresh content. They whine being bored all day long. But when someone start a topic with an idea (that can be worked on more) they all instantly disagree. And i am sure if anet came up with this idea all those ppl got hyped and excited for it. This virtual world is weird. 

i always liked to be a supportive player. Healers often. But sad thing is. In a raid you are not welcome if its a pug and not meta. 
so then there is only wvw. Open world is nice sometimes. But thats only for fun and no rewards. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

10 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

well I did have a bad healer that one time I ran a dungeon. Can I sue? 

As long time healer/tank in all MMOs I played:

You were either standing where you should not or did not dodge or you were not good enough dps to get heals. Also could be that I do not like you so less heals for you 😆.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Ppl here want more new fresh content. They whine being bored all day long. But when someone start a topic with an idea (that can be worked on more) they all instantly disagree. And i am sure if anet came up with this idea all those ppl got hyped and excited for it. This virtual world is weird.

Sorry, but ANet would certainly not come up with such nonsense in a game where healing has already excited since day 1.

What would be the benefit of diagnosing illnesses? Don't we have to deal with those enough already in real life?

Unless you meant this type of role-play. 😂

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Ppl here want more new fresh content. They whine being bored all day long. But when someone start a topic with an idea (that can be worked on more) they all instantly disagree.

Playable content, sure. It doesn't mean I want to immediatelly support anything anyone writes, which to me still isn't exactly clear what it is about, but from what I gather it's nothing interesting at all.

And i am sure if anet came up with this idea all those ppl got hyped and excited for it.

I still wouldn't be, so no.

i always liked to be a supportive player. Healers often.

And that's what you can already do.

But sad thing is. In a raid you are not welcome if its a pug and not meta. 
so then there is only wvw. Open world is nice sometimes. But thats only for fun and no rewards. 

All of this is false btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Sorry, but ANet would certainly not come up with such nonsense in a game where healing has already excited since day 1.

What would be the benefit of diagnosing illnesses? Don't we have to deal with those enough already in real life?

Unless you meant this type of role-play. 😂

If GW2 were the type of game to have a lot of "lifestyle" side content and mini-games, I could see content like that working.

However, most MMOs are pretty bad about developing and building out mini-games, and GW2 especially just doesn't have a strong history of that kind of content.

I especially wouldn't see any sort of profession or RP based mini game ever appearing in GW2 without some sort of overhaul of cities and home instances to make social hubs more of a "thing" in the community.

• Confused 3