jump + dodge Autohotkey script needed

Tyris.4986

I am a returning vet of the game, I used to use AHK to do the jump/dodge with just the Space bar. I have reinstalled the game on a new PC and no longer have the old script. 

Can someone please help me with a script that works for the game today. I don't use it for SAB or anything like that, I just like the way it looks during gameplay. But I suck at using macros, scripts..etc.

Please Help

Sincerely,

AHK Noob

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tyris.4986 said:

I am a returning vet of the game, I used to use AHK to do the jump/dodge with just the Space bar. I have reinstalled the game on a new PC and no longer have the old script. 

Can someone please help me with a script that works for the game today. I don't use it for SAB or anything like that, I just like the way it looks during gameplay. But I suck at using macros, scripts..etc.

Please Help

Sincerely,

AHK Noob

Why would you want to use both jump and dodge at the same time?

If you have gaming keyboard then you could use that app that is to assign keys from your keyboard/mouse app that is to control key board (or gaming mouse) as that often also have capabilities to set up simple script (often called macro) from within that app. Just be aware to not use it in a way that will break any TOS.

The main rule is one input command (key press) should only translate into once action (dodge or jump not both at the same time - use a short delay if you now want to do one command and then next from one key press to avoid getting in trouble).

If you want to be sure what is allowed in GW2 look in Support/Help section as there have been described what is considered as allowed from ArenaNet in this game.

Also avoid using AHK if you are playing other games which might detect (scan) if you have installed AHK on your system to not get a ban if you forget that it have been installed (you don't need to actually have it active or use if that is the TOS for that game; it might be enough that you have it installed, depending on that games TOS or EULA) and you play that game. It is most common for FPS game and some other MMOs (especially if that MMO hve some competitive game play) that they might have rules that will ban players with AHK on their system.

EDIT:

Remember that when you activate chat mode (click in chat or are using the default <Backspace> to start writing in chat) that those key that you have assigned will now show what you press on keyboard, so if you use any other key for dodge (set up in GW2 Options>Controls and in your keyboards app), then you will also have that symbol in chat every time you use space bar while writing in chat .

As an example Dodge you have assigned from keyboard app <Q> as both in GW2 Controls and in KB app to execute action to dodge and let space bar work as <space bar>. With KB app you have set up a macro that combines both input when press <space bar> into a sequence of action: first do a jump and then a dodge.

In that case if you have made a script/macro when you press space bar, you will now have both space bar and Q when you only want to use a space bar while writing. You will need to use a toggle in our keyboard to change between which mode (normal mode where space bar only work as a space bar and not with your macro giving the input as <spacebar+Q> in chat.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

dodge or jump not both at the same time

Just for clarification, dodge and jump is one of the few exceptions where you're allow to break the one keypress = one action

Along with macro for music instruments only (but not on the wintersday music activity)

There may be other, but I'm not sure. 

I don't remember the link, but it's all explained in the tos. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

The main rule is one input command (key press) should only translate into once action (dodge or jump not both at the same time - use a short delay if you now want to do one command and then next from one key press to avoid getting in trouble).

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013762153-Policy-Macros-and-Macro-Use

Here are few common macros that are allowed in the game:

• You may bind dodge and jump to a single key.
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 5:09 AM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Why would you want to use both jump and dodge at the same time?

If you have gaming keyboard then you could use that app that is to assign keys from your keyboard/mouse app that is to control key board (or gaming mouse) as that often also have capabilities to set up simple script (often called macro) from within that app. Just be aware to not use it in a way that will break any TOS.

If you want to be sure what is allowed in GW2 look in Support/Help section as there have been described what is considered as allowed from ArenaNet in this game.

Also avoid using AHK if you are playing other games which might detect (scan) if you have installed AHK on your system to not get a ban if you forget that it have been installed (you don't need to actually have it active or use if that is the TOS for that game; it might be enough that you have it installed, depending on that games TOS or EULA) and you play that game. It is most common for FPS game and some other MMOs (especially if that MMO hve some competitive game play) that they might have rules that will ban players with AHK on their system.

EDIT:

Remember that when you activate chat mode (click in chat or are using the default <Backspace> to start writing in chat) that those key that you have assigned will now show what you press on keyboard, so if you use any other key for dodge (set up in GW2 Options>Controls and in your keyboards app), then you will also have that symbol in chat every time you use space bar while writing in chat .

As an example Dodge you have assigned from keyboard app <Q> as both in GW2 Controls and in KB app to execute action to dodge and let space bar work as <space bar>. With KB app you have set up a macro that combines both input when press <space bar> into a sequence of action: first do a jump and then a dodge.

In that case if you have made a script/macro when you press space bar, you will now have both space bar and Q when you only want to use a space bar while writing. You will need to use a toggle in our keyboard to change between which mode (normal mode where space bar only work as a space bar and not with your macro giving the input as <spacebar+Q> in chat.

From the wiki under Dodge in the notes section.

• Dodge jump (or jump roll) will allow you to jump a distance not normally possible. This is accomplished by pressing dodge and jump at the same time. This can be particularly useful for jumping puzzles and PvP.

I use it occasionally in the game, but often when SAB comes out.

Edited by Vayne.8563