salvaging level 50 items

what kind of salvager should i use for these. i think i have done this wrong. i have the 3 ones you get from the gems store

i was using copper on blues

ruinecrafter for greens

silverfed for the rares

black lion for exotics (or silverfed if i ran out of these)

thanks

Edited by bossdonut.1938
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

what kind of salvager should i use for these. i think i have done this wrong. i have the 3 ones you get from the gems store

i was using copper on blues

ruinecrafter for greens

silverfed for the rares

black lion for exotics (or silverfed if i ran out of these)

thanks

its not actually worth it to use a black lion kit on exotics unless the upgrade inside of it has value, and many runes and sigils are worthless, sadly. the rest is correct; just make sure you're opening unidentified gear before salvaging as it has a chance to promote them to the next rarity.

i would make sure you also keep one character at ~lv50 to salvage loot from champion bags (only open them on that character).

https://fast.farming-community.eu/bags/bag-opener

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

its not actually worth it to use a black lion kit on exotics unless the upgrade inside of it has value, and many runes and sigils are worthless, sadly. the rest is correct; just make sure you're opening unidentified gear before salvaging as it has a chance to promote them to the next rarity.

i would make sure you also keep one character at ~lv50 to salvage loot from champion bags (only open them on that character).

yeah i have a 54 character. that was the subject actually for this post i was wondering if it mattered for lower level

also i was using the black lion ones cuz someone told me it gave more of that dark matter or whatever it is. i needed some before but not as much anymore

Just to give a little more detail, if you have ls4 the karma kits are cheaper tho less convenient than copperfed, unless you are inexplicably short on karma. You should only really be using runecrafters on green that have upgrades. If they don't have upgrades just use copper/karma, tho it's a pain to sort them. So up to you. To answer your question about lower level rare gear you should only be using silver/mystic kits on rare gear level sixty-eight and higher, since lower level gear cannot drop ectos. The fast site that @SoftFootpaws.9134 linked is an excellent resource for all of this . . .

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 9:42 PM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

It's worth it just to use up some of the nearly 100 Black Lion kits I've amassed over the years lol

18 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I assume you're doing this for convenience, but you are losing out on profit doing it this way. I assume you know that, but it never hurts to double check.

Using just one for all is very convenient and the mystic one is way cheaper than the silver fed one per use (according to wiki). 10.5 copper vs 60 copper.
And the gold to buy 500 gems to buy the silver fed kit, may make the silver fed kit a bad choice to begin with.

3 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Using just one for all is very convenient and the mystic one is way cheaper than the silver fed one per use (according to wiki). 10.5 copper vs 60 copper.
And the gold to buy 500 gems to buy the silver fed kit, may make the silver fed kit a bad choice to begin with.

I don't tell people to buy the silver fed. I use mystic salvage kit for rares and such, but I'd still use a regular salvage kit for greens and blues, if you don't have a runecrafters, or a copper fed, even, which would save you money on every single salvage you do. That's going to add up over time.

I personally have runecrafters, and copperfed.  I opted for the silverfed for convenience, but the mystic salvage kit would be fine. But paying close to 20 times the amount ot salvage each green and blue over the years I've done it (I do a lot of salvaging) would end up costing me money forever.

9 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I don't tell people to buy the silver fed. I use mystic salvage kit for rares and such, but I'd still use a regular salvage kit for greens and blues, if you don't have a runecrafters, or a copper fed, even, which would save you money on every single salvage you do. That's going to add up over time.

I personally have runecrafters, and copperfed.  I opted for the silverfed for convenience, but the mystic salvage kit would be fine. But paying close to 20 times the amount ot salvage each green and blue over the years I've done it (I do a lot of salvaging) would end up costing me money forever.

The question is, since both items are from the gem store, how many salvages does it take for it to pay off compared to the mystic salvage set? Buying gems is an investment, and investments made for profit must also pay for themselves.
I don't buy mystic stones, I just have them. There are no costs for them.

When I returned to gw after a long break, I bought the silver fed one because someone had recommended I buy the copper and silver one, but I regretted wasting the gems on the silver one quickly. I don't use it at all.

12 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

The question is, since both items are from the gem store, how many salvages does it take for it to pay off compared to the mystic salvage set? Buying gems is an investment, and investments made for profit must also pay for themselves.
I don't buy mystic stones, I just have them. There are no costs for them.

When I returned to gw after a long break, I bought the silver fed one because someone had recommended I buy the copper and silver one, but I regretted wasting the gems on the silver one quickly. I don't use it at all.

The silver fed was always a problem,. because mystic is more convenient than silver, since it has 250 uses and it's cheaper to use both. But investments, as you say, don't have to pay off. No one buys a copper fed salvomatic to save money but most people say it's the best purchase they've made, because of it's convenience.  I'd say that most people buying gem store items are buying convenience, not profit. If they were actually buying profit. I didn't sit there and do calculations to say that I'm going to save X amount of money over y amount of time when I bought my copper fed salvomatic. I said instead, I never have to go to a merchant again.  The minimal research I did on silver fed led me to believe it wasn't as worth it, but I still bought one and don't regret it, becaues I never have to think about a mystic salvage kit again ever. It's in a shared slot, I have a lot of characters, again convenience.

But if you play a lot and play for a long time, the amount of money wastes in salvages starts to add up, because I play a lot and I salvage everything. The longer you play the more it ends up costing you. 

I'm not saying you're wrong to use a mystic salvage kit to salvage everything. I am saying that suggestion that this is a good  solution for someone else without the caveat of how much more it costs for greens and blues, which will be most of what you salvage, is possibly giving someone bad advice, like the person who told you to buy the silver fed salvomatic. What you do, without the context of why you do it and the drawbacks doesn't give people enough information to make a decision based on what they need.