A way to set and change between graphics setting templates

Gibson.4036

I can run old zones at highest settings, but the newest zones are more taxing and I need to turn settings down. And then, of course, when there are a lot of players in a small area for WvW or Metas, settings need to get reduced.

The highest/autodetect/performance settings are really crude. There are excellent guides on line for tweaking your settings so that you can max the ones that don't impact things much but tweak the ones that do. Unfortunately, though, every time I need to go "performance" I lose the dialed in settings and have to manually reset.

It would be amazing if we could set a few templates and easily switch between them for the various parts of the game that tax our systems differently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

i agree with the op, this has been one of my biggest issues since i started playing. i think the most notorius is that "character model limit" is how you solve the issue of the game losing over half its framerate when there's other players around, however many players don't know that this actually hides entire armies in the story (for example, in the battle against joko), or that sometimes it hides the boss you're attacking because their priority isn't clearly marked compared to players.

having graphics setting profiles (and settings profiles in general) would help alot, i think, so we can fine-tune it to the situation.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1