How about Toypocolyse: SURVIVAL MODE ??

Resident.7421

Where your group has to defend dolyaks against the toy onslaught as long as possible, as the waves keep coming bigger, faster, more ferocious, with multiple Toxx spawns until you can't defend anymore!??! Might be cool, huh?

Idk I like this minigame but my bro and I went into party mode with just the 2 of us and it was still too easy.

Edited by Resident.7421
repeat thread, sorry sorry
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I already find toypocalypse too long, and so would be unlikely to play a mode that might last much longer.  Though I suppose one would still get credit for rounds completed and toys destroyed, so conceivably, one could finish those off in fewer runs.

I suspect that unless some reward/achievement is tied to this (which then creates an entirely new thread about how people really want that, but can't because it is too hard), very people would otherwise play a hard/challenge/long mode of toypocalpyse.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 11:49 AM, Solvar.7953 said:

I already find toypocalypse too long, and so would be unlikely to play a mode that might last much longer.  Though I suppose one would still get credit for rounds completed and toys destroyed, so conceivably, one could finish those off in fewer runs.

I suspect that unless some reward/achievement is tied to this (which then creates an entirely new thread about how people really want that, but can't because it is too hard), very people would otherwise play a hard/challenge/long mode of toypocalpyse.

It's probable that a "survival mode" would actually be shorter, with the difficulty increasing rapidly from round to round. That's how I'd like it to be, anyway. Maybe gift rewards would increase rabidly round to round, as well, if not being directly achievement-related (gosh, remember when we used to play games for fun and not "points"?)

Anyhoo I'd prefer a system where it doesn't end til all the dolyaks are dead. Of course you'd have to make sure people can't cheese it.

It's an almost dead content , ppl do it for the meta success two in one (doing toypocalypse 3 times and wrecking toys) , and all i do is wrecking mini village and put catapults everywhere without any tactics or pattern ... and it works , can afk after 5 minutes...  quite boring to do.

• Confused 2

After the fourth or so round, Toypocalypse becomes incredibly easy because of the amount of toy siege put up. Base Toypocalypse needs balancing to make continuous fun and challenging rather than a panicking first round and slowly reducing difficulty (it should be the opposite), before an endless mode is made.

If they can make Toypocalypse not a droll to get through the full normal version, then continue that formulae (or alter it slightly) into an endless mode would be warranted.

Toypocalypse already does sort-of work like that; the number of toys which spawn (and possibly the frequency) increases each round. But as everyone's said the problem is it's too easy. The first round or two you're under pressure to get some defenses up quickly (especially in the public version where you probably won't have a full group at the start) but it's still easy enough that 1 person who knows what they're doing can handle that. After 2 rounds you're probably stable and after 4 it only really needs 1 person who isn't afk to maintain or upgrade the defenses.

I think every game I've played this year has had 3-4 people with only 2 actually playing, the others are either afk or off making their own little fort in a corner somewhere. Or for some reason just making defenses wherever the materials drop, that's a new one I hadn't seen until this year. I suspect one of them was using an auto-clicker, because he was constantly spamming the auto-attack while running and every time he picked up materials he immediately built either a ballista or a snow wall (both on 1) then carried on spamming auto-attack. But I haven't had a game fail and the nearest it's been to failing is Toxx got into the centre and got 1 dolyak down to 1/2 health.

I was going to say I wouldn't want an infinite mode because I already find Toypocalypse boring, but that's because it's so easy. After 4 rounds you're basically just waiting for it to end. If they could adjust the difficulty it could be more interesting (like a real tower defense game) and a seperate mode could be a good opportunity to do that while keeping the current 'easy mode' version for people who just want to get the achievements done and for new players who need to learn how it works before dealing with a challenging version.