Nerf DH guardian traps.

5 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

You're playing core rev?

I am yes, and I have no shame at all in saying its a strong group fight build, and is not bad in 1v1's (when im not playing like a kitten).

But that has nothing to do with the hillarious state of DH:

https://app.gemoo.com/share/image-annotation/606309124551606272?codeId=v62LpO4eQN9pL&origin=screenshotuploader&card=606309122953576448

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I am yes, and I have no shame at all in saying its a strong group fight build, and is not bad in 1v1's (when im not playing like a kitten).

But that has nothing to do with the hillarious state of DH:

https://app.gemoo.com/share/image-annotation/606309124551606272?codeId=v62LpO4eQN9pL&origin=screenshotuploader&card=606309122953576448

I think you'd have a lot less trouble with dragonhunters if you used herald or vindicator.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

I think you'd have a lot less trouble with dragonhunters if you used herald or vindicator.

This is a team focused build, which can give the team stability/dome when aproaching a DH, youre comparing apples and orenges, and has nothing to do with the state of DH. In-fact, core, WB and DH are all way too effective for the skill/effort level, also got no shame in shouting that out loud.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Flowki.7194 said:

This is a team focused build, which can give the team stability/dome when aproaching a DH, youre comparing apples and orenges, and has nothing to do with the state of DH. In-fact, core, WB and DH are all way too effective for the skill/effort level, also got no shame in shouting that out loud.

So you're running jalis and ventari? What weapons are you using?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

So you're running jalis and ventari? What weapons are you using?

I run mal and cent, with shortbow/mace-axe. The build is focused around CC with bow/axe 5, anquish and cent explode, which procs stability, queen relic, healing and weakness. The stability/CC access is also very good for stomping/ressing, or denying ressing in the middle of group fights, unless they are 3+ stability stacked. Sometimes I can time a good banish>cc but it depends if the stability is burried. Im no plat player, but I do think anquish>into another CC is massively underated, it has setup a lot of group wipes with coordination of dps.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

DH were never a problem even when they had stealth. So what exactly changed? Is it

1. Aegis on trap (that's new, anything else?)

2. Classes that kept DH in check were nerfed (e.g. short bow renegade was pretty good against DH pre-EoD)

3. ???

Maybe there is a lack of scepter catas which are naturally good against DH. Or even rangers in general after they were nerfed. Power mesmers seem to handle DH well but they're also in short supply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I love it. everyone self expose and post your builds too

what are yall playing when DH is giving you trouble?

in the context of core centaur rev with no blocks on weapon sets, yeah ofc DH is gonna give this build trouble. no block, no stunbreak on centaur, no invuns. yeah yep sounds like DH is gonna farm it, makes sense actually. the builds role is basically food for the enemy DPS....

what about the rest of yall, what yall dying to DH on?

Edited by Bunbury.8472
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

I love it. everyone self expose and post your builds too

what are yall playing when DH is giving you trouble?

in the context of core centaur rev with no blocks on weapon sets, yeah ofc DH is gonna give this build trouble. no block, no stunbreak on centaur, no invuns. yeah yep sounds like DH is gonna farm it, makes sense actually. the builds role is basically food for the enemy DPS....

what about the rest of yall, what yall dying to DH on?

Pretty much counters everything youve just said, if your brain can comprehend whats there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

23 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Pretty much counters everything youve just said, if your brain can comprehend whats there.

no GS, no Staff, no Shield, Centaur Stance Food Build

your role is giving the enemy team kills

Edited by Bunbury.8472
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I run mal and cent, with shortbow/mace-axe. The build is focused around CC with bow/axe 5, anquish and cent explode, which procs stability, queen relic, healing and weakness. The stability/CC access is also very good for stomping/ressing, or denying ressing in the middle of group fights, unless they are 3+ stability stacked. Sometimes I can time a good banish>cc but it depends if the stability is burried. Im no plat player, but I do think anquish>into another CC is massively underated, it has setup a lot of group wipes with coordination of dps.

Ok, well I think you'd have less issues with dragonhunters if you ran herald/Shiro with sword/sword and you can take staff for your defensive swap. With glint alone you can literally stand on the dh traps using glints heal allowing you to dps them down and ignore their attacks. If that fails, sword 3 allows you to avoid damage from traps whilst still attacking. And if they block with f3, phase traversal from Shiro gives you unblockable attacks. 

I'm not saying dh aren't annoying to fight but it feels like in your specific case it's a build issue.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

Yet I was 16-1?, which is still besides the point. Both teams had cookie cutter vindis.. boths teams DHs farmed damage, and the enemy teams DH got most kills, and it wasnt from me. So what happened to those vindis?.. they got FARMED. The enemy vindi litterally got farmed by a DH who didn't even know what half the abilitys were.

10 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Ok, well I think you'd have less issues with dragonhunters if you ran herald/Shiro with sword/sword and you can take staff for your defensive swap. With glint alone you can literally stand on the dh traps using glints heal allowing you to dps them down and ignore their attacks. If that fails, sword 3 allows you to avoid damage from traps whilst still attacking. And if they block with f3, phase traversal from Shiro gives you unblockable attacks. 

I'm not saying dh aren't annoying to fight but it feels like in your specific case it's a build issue.

Why is it impossible for people to detatch build use from a complaint? Can DH be countered, yes, is it worth the effort compared to how easy DH is to play, no. Are traps and DH ranged dmg/threat way over performing for the skill input? absolutely. The mentality of this playerbase is hillarious.. "condi cata is fine, the problem is youre playing condi mech".. its litteraly that dumb what you guys are doing.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

Centaur stance food build? You might have been using it wrong, enough stability, resistance, healing, cleanses, projectile denial. This is as long you manage energy/rotation of skills well according to the situation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Kuya.6495 said:

In a vacuum that could work, but if the dh has little bit brain, herald with that squishy build will fail. And if they have a support or teammates reacting, herald will die. Because with that rotation they don't have much energy left for a big escape if you punish them for that bold move. Herald needs to rely more on teamates/support for such an action then dh if the dh knows what to do

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Centaur stance food build? You might have been using it wrong, enough stability, resistance, healing, cleanses, projectile denial. This is as long you manage energy/rotation of skills well according to the situation.

And those counter stuns, don't forget those 😜

12 hours ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Power mesmers seem to handle DH well

I can't see how you'd win against a DH when the bulk of your defensives are rupts\blinds\stealth. You can proc the traps from afar with some phantasm, I guess, but you don't really get to use your mechanic anyway, since DH is one of those classes that immediately tears every illusion apart. DH has always been one of the fattest counters to gs chrono, historically.

Different story for power virtuoso, which feels actually much more decent to use. But playing around a virtuoso is trivial (the hardest counter in the game for a ranged class with the mobility of a rock is, ironically, a rock)

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

9 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 i mean peops Seen to not know how to not Run straight into trabs. Dodge an elite trab or dodge dhs high Animation F1 skill and calling it OP. Just kinda funny for sure 😄

It is funny yes, for example warriors keep complaining how broadcast abilitys are, yet zerker/SPB are not uncommon specs in both arena and ranked, unlike say, Renegade. On that topic, rev has some of the most broadcast abilitys in the game across bow/swords.. is that what is holding herald/vindi back?, not the fact many are pushed into using  STAFF. So sure, your cliche "just dodge" argument, which clearly isn't what is holding back many broadcast specs, and clearly shows that its not simply a case of "just dodge Dh".

On a side note, even more funny, and showing the absolute rediculous double standards of this playerbase, warrior mains complain how broadcast it is "please make it less broadcast", and at the same time people were complaining cata wasnt broadcast enough. You see the levels of bias here.. make my spec less broadcast, make that spec more broadcast. Your class is broadcast becuase most of the abilitys would be utterly fking broken withought it.. and in-fact... even with broadcasting, that didnt stop Czerker and BS reaching rediculously effective levels now did it?.. again.. easy AF effective specs. Make ele more broadcast 😜 rofl.

The DH can punish most specs for missing a dodge/mitigation, more than most specs can punish the DH for missing a dodge/mitigation, thats the main problem here. DH is also low risk-high reward, and also far too rewarding for its rediculously low difficulty level. Its also funny that a spec so easy is forcing the use of immunes by all other specs along with "dodge or die" game play (by your own admitions). I mean, if thats the kind of game you want to get behind? A low effort low skill spec that is clearly having an oppressive impact on average level play, which is the majority of the playerbase. You think exposing new/lower skilled players to that is good for the game, and good for player retention? And do you think even for better players, you really enjoying having to keep your head on a swivel incase the DH decides to change targets?.. and even with half your skill, can wipe you out for a single lapse in concerntration? Sounds like a good game.

Once again, look at the guys comment, its hillarious. Im trying to think of what spec was able to do that in the past. Some random player jumps on it and tops damage withought even knowing half the spec. SB, scrapper, condi cata.. those are the recent specs I can think of which were so kitten.. any player could get on it, smash buttons, and get kills.

Defening DH.... this game deserves to die.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

@Flowki.7194 Well the "Skill" part on dh is just staying alife and not just deal dmg. Cause again on good Teams eather peops just know how to evade to get hard hits by tha trabs or enemy Team just hard focus you down. 

And yes you are right it is Kind of a hard punisher for beginner Player. But is it actually a bad thing to punish players doing mistakes? And is not exactly this why PvP is just PvP? 

(Ah also i can see why some peops still calling it too good cause its kind of a hard counter to some specs just like deadeye and Mesmer)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 Well the "Skill" part on dh is just staying alife and not just deal dmg. Cause again on good Teams eather peops just know how to evade to get hard hits by tha trabs or enemy Team just hard focus you down. 

And yes you are right it is Kind of a hard punisher for beginner Player. But is it actually a bad thing to punish players doing mistakes? And is not exactly this why PvP is just PvP? 

(Ah also i can see why some peops still calling it too good cause its kind of a hard counter to some specs just like deadeye and Mesmer)

When an average player can pic up dh, and within a few hours hard punish other average players on just about any other spec, thats a problem for the game overall. DH basically exposes the issues with this playerbase.. people don't care how toxic something is if the top 10% of players can farm it. So then, those who are not that great at the game get cheap specs like DH to bypass real skill and make the game toxic AF for average players on harder or more punishing specs. Game enters death mode, MMR widens.. the residual sweaty vets get to duo spawn camp silvers on hollo/scrapper/SB.. all the way to kitten titles nobody cares about. At this point, any vet with a remote desire for compitition left sPVP.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Fun times when warhorn 4 one wolf pack sic em would 100-0 dh

longbow ranger with unblockables can still do that, their only safe is dodging or going invurnable then. And warhorn still does nice overtime damage 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1