Why no one talks about Power of the Virtuous nerf?

September 26, 2023
  • (Undocumented) Reduced the vitality to condition damage conversion from 13% to 7% in PvE only.

What was that point of this nerf?

Was there any crazy build running 50k dps or something?

Whats the design here? 

Last I checked, all of the available condi builds out there were mid at best and now they are just bad, so I don't understand the need for a change in this trait. 

I've been playing this game for a year and some, guardian is the only class suiting my playstyle and ever since september, 26, I barely logged in due anet killed condi builds. 

Feels like the end goal here is to turn guardians into healing bots since HB it's only a buff spam fest and the only e-spec seem in PvE. 

• Confused 2

The strange thing is, Condi/Cele Guard is often complained about in WvW/sPvP, yet the ratio is still 13% in competitive modes, yet Coop mode is the one that got nerfed.
Condi Guard is alrdy garbage tier in Open World due to the unpredictability of Burn application, and it hasn't been "braindead top dps in Instanced Content" for...however long the veteran players can tell me the number is.
Many, many mobs are immune for some ungodly reason, the Ooze Pit in Grothmar Valley, ANY Core Tyria Fire Elemental and Destroyers, and many, many more that I cant even remember.
Ye, WHY was this trait nerfed?

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

This just came to me, but this trait might have been nerfed due trailblazer stats been extremely safe for condi in OW? I hope I'm wrong

OW doesnt really need balance decisions, and like I said Condi/Burn Guard in OW is often a feelsbad class due to outdated mob design, so unfortunately this is very likely not the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cat.8975 said:

I believe this nerf was primarily done to knock cqb down a little bit, as full ritualist's comes with a ton of vit.

That would still make no sense, as this affects every condi build while cqb was far from god tier considering what this nerf actually means as a whole to guardian kit

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/4/2024 at 6:06 AM, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

That would still make no sense, as this affects every condi build...

Anet nerfing something that also effects every other build variant? That doesn't sound like Anet logic at all!!

/s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Anet nerfing something that also effects every other build variant? That doesn't sound like Anet logic at all!!

/s

The point is that the nerf hit qfb more than any other build, and all of the dps builds are still doing 41-42k dps so there is no problem here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Wasnt qfb 37k dps? It uses full ritu and was so busted that you could solo legy bounties on your raid build easily. Or did i miss the part where top dps for a utility loaded fb was reasonable?

Still very odd though, because A) QFB has been busted for years -- it was the balance dev's pet class -- and hasn't had any real balance changes besides flip-flopping on castable mantras; and B) because the change was entirely undocumented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LSD.4673 said:

Still very odd though, because A) QFB has been busted for years -- it was the balance dev's pet class -- and hasn't had any real balance changes besides flip-flopping on castable mantras; and B) because the change was entirely undocumented.

This may be an unnecessary reply to an irrelevant change of subject but... I want to add that Anet nerfed Firebrand in the biggest gamemode it has been OP in, which was WvW. Their nerfs has laughably indirectly effected sPvP.... because they didn't separate the FB changes at all in these gamemodes..... They're playing catchup without knowing why Firebrand was strong in sPvP from the beginning....

They are attempting to buff Firebrand in sPvP but have improved things that have 0 reason to improve.

Done nothing to address quickness, which FB currently has very little of in sPvP. (IIR they increased some page's channel cast time.. like...why..?)
Done nothing to improve Page count. We literally need +5 additional pages to make it FEEL like it's pre-nerf 2022 Tomb changes.
Done nothing to improve individual self-healing....They destroyed Firebrand self-sustains back in mid 2020.

Yea sure Firebrand WAS op in sPvP but not nearly as OP in WvW.  Yet when Firebrand was getting nerf.. after nerf.. after nerf..... due to WvW prowess..... it still got nerfed in sPvP EVEN WHEN Firebrand was considered a wood tier trash spec.

This is Anet logic.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 4:46 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

This may be an unnecessary reply to an irrelevant change of subject but... I want to add that Anet nerfed Firebrand in the biggest gamemode it has been OP in, which was WvW. Their nerfs has laughably indirectly effected sPvP.... because they didn't separate the FB changes at all in these gamemodes..... They're playing catchup without knowing why Firebrand was strong in sPvP from the beginning....

They are attempting to buff Firebrand in sPvP but have improved things that have 0 reason to improve.

Done nothing to address quickness, which FB currently has very little of in sPvP. (IIR they increased some page's channel cast time.. like...why..?)
Done nothing to improve Page count. We literally need +5 additional pages to make it FEEL like it's pre-nerf 2022 Tomb changes.
Done nothing to improve individual self-healing....They destroyed Firebrand self-sustains back in mid 2020.

Yea sure Firebrand WAS op in sPvP but not nearly as OP in WvW.  Yet when Firebrand was getting nerf.. after nerf.. after nerf..... due to WvW prowess..... it still got nerfed in sPvP EVEN WHEN Firebrand was considered a wood tier trash spec.

This is Anet logic.

I truly don’t understand what the kitten was Anet thinking with most of the FB changes, over the last 2 years. The issues could have been fixed via simple changes, instead of recreating the wheel. And they are making changes to it every patch. 

And the funny part, QFB, which presumably most changes we’re trying to target, is still performing at the same level. And spvp wise, 4 years in, since Feb 2020, and the spvp devs still cannot figure out how to make it work. Though, the current spvp devs are pretty bad.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, otto.5684 said:

I truly don’t understand what the kitten was Anet thinking with most of the FB changes, over the last 2 years. The issues could have been fixed via simple changes, instead of recreating the wheel. And they are making changes to it every patch. 

And the funny part, QFB, which presumably most changes we’re trying to target, is still performing at the same level. And spvp wise, 4 years in, since Feb 2020, and the spvp devs still cannot figure out how to make it work. Though, the current spvp devs are pretty bad.

They were thinking they needed to throw the angry crowds of gamers some meat to satisfy their lust for the blood of firebrands who committed the cardinal sin of being useful.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

They were thinking they needed to throw the angry crowds of gamers some meat to satisfy their lust for the blood of firebrands who committed the cardinal sin of being useful.

I wish they would learn profession workings enough to implement targeted nerfs against overtuned builds instead of blanket nerfs against a whole profession. FBs that primarily use a scepter, or any other off meta e-spec/weapon combo, don't need to be punished just because some FBs can do more than the intended DPS with an axe. The crowd would have been just as sated if axe skills were nerfed instead of VoJ, and several off-meta builds that were barely on par would still be viable.