idea / feedback / suggestion

Hi, my bags are full of skins i got from collections or other things that can be put on armor and or weapons (for free 1 time use) but they take away bag space. 
So can you make an option we can convert them in a transmute charge? this way i get free bagspace again. i save up many of the skins because i never have a use for them. and deleting is not the best way. or maybe make a new salvage kit that is made to salvage skins and get a transmute charge.

and thnx in advance for the dislikes. i know you make someones day with that, but yes, if you feel happy and proud about that behavior. go for it. it makes you a better person for sure.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, titje.2745 said:

... i save up many of the skins because i never have a use for them. ...

Yes, it would be nice if Anet gave a transmutation charge for them, but it hasn't happened yet in 11 years. But that quoted part right there is your answer: you're not using them, so don't save them. Just delete them.

If you do a weekly key run, load as many of the "type-out-the-name" items as you can on the character before deleting it. 

I doubt they make much from charges these days to be a significant income so I welcome the change. However, I am kind of expecting them to be removed in one of their upcoming QoL overhauls. So whilst i support your idea, my expectation is charges will eventually be a thing of the past.

• Like 1

I gave up keeping them, there were enough times when I forgot I had a skin in the bank and used it directly from the wardrobe that I decided it wasn't worth it. If I don't have an immediate use for them I delete them.

I'd like it if that gave you a free transmutation charge, but I prefer Randulf's suggestion that transmutation charges get removed entirely. They're easy enough to get for free that it's not really a barrier to transmuting whenever you want for experienced players but annoying if you don't know where to get them and otherwise doesn't serve any purpose (unless, as speculated, some people actually buy them often enough that it's a relevant income stream for Anet).

BTW @titje.2745 - it's better to make the topic of your post what specifically it's about, instead of just saying it's a suggestion, that way people who are interested in that aspect of the game will know to look at it.

43 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I doubt they make much from charges these days to be a significant income so I welcome the change. However, I am kind of expecting them to be removed in one of their upcoming QoL overhauls. So whilst i support your idea, my expectation is charges will eventually be a thing of the past.

As far as I know Anet have never said anything about it, but it's commonly speculated that the reason they've kept transmutation charges in the game and the reason requests like this are ignored is because somewhere out there are players who buy enough transmutation charges that it justifies the inconvenience.

Edited by Danikat.8537

44 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I gave up keeping them, there were enough times when I forgot I had a skin in the bank and used it directly from the wardrobe that I decided it wasn't worth it. If I don't have an immediate use for them I delete them.

I'd like it if that gave you a free transmutation charge, but I prefer Randulf's suggestion that transmutation charges get removed entirely. They're easy enough to get for free that it's not really a barrier to transmuting whenever you want for experienced players but annoying if you don't know where to get them and otherwise doesn't serve any purpose (unless, as speculated, some people actually buy them often enough that it's a relevant income stream for Anet).

BTW @titje.2745 - it's better to make the topic of your post what specifically it's about, instead of just saying it's a suggestion, that way people who are interested in that aspect of the game will know to look at it.

As far as I know Anet have never said anything about it, but it's commonly speculated that the reason they've kept transmutation charges in the game and the reason requests like this are ignored is because somewhere out there are players who buy enough transmutation charges that it justifies the inconvenience.

It's much more likely it's not been removed because of legacy code reasons and the time and problems involved in change. But they are slowly addressing those issues and making QoL updates. Charges are an outdated, unnecessary transitional currency. With currencies being looked at for an overhaul according to the recent blogs/interviews, I'm not going to be surprised to see these finally get culled.

If they were a major source of income, they wouldn't be so easy to get in game and stockpile. Many so called speculated "major sources of income" have been changed and some are appearing in the wizards vault for logins. Transmutation charges being so incredibly cheap for AA alone kind of puts to rest the speculation they are not changing to avoid a drop in income, which is likely minimal in the grand scheme of what they pull in compared to other things.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1