why: Players who transfer will not earn pips in WvW until two WvW resets have occurred following your transfer

Lucy.3728

Why is that?

I had my 1st transfer in 12 years and I am very upset about this bullying. I am currently collecting tickets for my 2nd legendary armor and this is dragging me down.

I don't understand what the reason is. I moved to stay. I had a second account on this server for 2 years and have now moved my main account there. Just before the beta.

The next thing is, why did I have to pay 1000 gems? I always thought the first transfer was free?

• Confused 12
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Why is that?

I had my 1st transfer in 12 years and I am very upset about this bullying. I am currently collecting tickets for my 2nd legendary armor and this is dragging me down.

I don't understand what the reason is. I moved to stay. I had a second account on this server for 2 years and have now moved my main account there. Just before the beta.

The next thing is, why did I have to pay 1000 gems? I always thought the first transfer was free?

The mechanics (both the 1-2 week restriction after the change and also the higher gem price for higher populated worlds) should discourage people from bandwagoning.

The first transfer is only free when you upgrade from a f2p to a paid account, as f2p-accounts can only choose on which region they want to play region and not the world.

Edited by Schimmi.6872
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

The first transfer is only free when you upgrade from a f2p to a paid account

But a 12 year account cannot be f2p, can it? Such thing didn't exist back then. GW2 had to be bought to be played. So it never was f2p. Maybe that's a reason? By now I have all expansions.  I did a pause after 1 year for about 7 years. I don't remember what I did in the first year very much anymore, but I was still on the server I created the account on. Guess I'll ask the support.

I checked my other accounts and it'd be free for them.

1 hour ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

should discourage people from bandwagoning.

As far as I know that's not working well. I know hopping guilds.

And what is with those that don't want to change servers anyway?

This would be much easier to solve (like, lets say, a 6 month lock for switching) than to discriminate just everybody.

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

You have to transfer BEFORE the reset.

I did, before the reset to the beta event. I knew, in the back of my mind somewhere, that there was some restriction but I though I wouldn't get wxp or something that's not important to me. Well, good I chose the alliance fk up weeks.
But no tickets from the chests/pips at all is hard.

38 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

1)Not twelve years yet.

Ok, 11,7 or something, including beta 😛

40 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Don't understand why you transfer when you can pick a guild and be where they are.

I like the server, not just a guild. And your saying only works in the wvw beta, which I don't like anyway.
My original server has developed in a direction I don't like. Many players I know have stopped playing, transferred or died. The wvw participation is lacking a lot. I created other accounts on other servers to see which server I liked and where I could set up my new home. And after two years, I decided on one. That one is stable and I like its community.

• Confused 5

The system should lock you out of pips for at least one re-linking period so people don't follow the bandwagon all the time and the gambling with full, high, medium servers stops. So be happy that Anet prefers profit over fun and it's only a short loss of pips.

• Thanks 1