FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX SWORD 3 IT'S THE CLUNKIEST TRASH ABILITY IN THE ENTIRE GAME

Eddie.9143

14 minutes ago, Tharan.9085 said:

I used the abilitys.... IO is not important bc you get the hit on both weapons

IO delay is 1/4s hitting the enemy. You can't reach with sword 1/4sec delay even with quickness uptime. However with mace toolkit you can reach this 1/4s delay and because of that it comes close to MH sword. So if you use all your abilties in combination you get this regular with mace and sword just can't.

So sword doesn't has much special to separate itself then a small bit more damage. Mace seperates itself more: gives more might to you/allies, weakness to make openent weaker for you/allies and poison to give enemies lower healing. The pros I put on are most usefull for WvW/pvp but still pve too because boons/weakening enemies.

Sword needs some of the things like I summed up to seperate itself more, it's just outdated

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

IO delay is 1/4s hitting the enemy. You can't reach with sword 1/4sec delay even with quickness uptime. However with mace toolkit you can reach this 1/4s delay and because of that it comes close to MH sword. So if you use all your abilties in combination you get this regular with mace and sword just can't.

So sword doesn't has much special to separate itself then a small bit more damage. Mace seperates itself more: gives more might to you/allies, weakness to make openent weaker for you/allies and poison to give enemies lower healing. The pros I put on are most usefull for WvW/pvp but still pve too because boons/weakening enemies.

Sword needs some of the things like I summed up to seperate itself more, it's just outdated

Tested with IO, still like 6k dps difference. Literally any setup I tried was 5.5k-7k dps difference between the two, it's not even close

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Tharan.9085 said:

In what world needs the weapon that is played on every power build in pve and pvp a buff?

Best placed Rev last MAT was running greatsword + short bow, (didn't reach the semis), so no is not the undisputed best choice at ever running power.

I don't think main hand swords need any buff, but being said that power builds are crap at soloing PvE, except maybe Bladesworn (which is powerful but clunky and inconsistent as hell).

Also, core Guardian, Necro and Warrior > any Rev build at PvP at the moment.

End of the rant = ) 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 1/21/2024 at 8:16 AM, Tharan.9085 said:

Tested with IO, still like 6k dps difference. Literally any setup I tried was 5.5k-7k dps difference between the two, it's not even close

he's probably testing on the golem with no boons lmao. The self-might from mace blasts in a vacuum might make up for some of the damage in that case, but ofc this isn't realistic in any scenario, not even pvp

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

he's probably testing on the golem with no boons lmao. The self-might from mace blasts in a vacuum might make up for some of the damage in that case, but ofc this isn't realistic in any scenario, not even pvp

Golem Testing LMAO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2