Runes and sigils

Also seems they are account bound so need to craft them? Or can they be dropped?
And also when they can only be crafted a need lvl 400 armorsmith and the mats, the mats can be bought right?

PS. I'm totally new to MMOs so please excuse the questions I'm overwhelmed and it's not exactly written in the wiki if they can only be crafted or also bought or found...

Edited by DoNotAimAtMe.3510

49 minutes ago, DoNotAimAtMe.3510 said:

Also seems they are account bound so need to craft them? Or can they be dropped?
And also when they can only be crafted a need lvl 400 armorsmith and the mats, the mats can be bought right?

PS. I'm totally new to MMOs so please excuse the questions I'm overwhelmed and it's not exactly written in the wiki if they can only be crafted or also bought or found...

If it's account bound, you need to craft it in this case. The easiest way to check here is: look if the item is available on the trading post, if not assume it has to be crafted or acquired in a different way.

Then check the wiki which will also tell you which trading profession is required for crating it. For example, for the above mentioned Sigils you can see that Superior Rune of the Trapper can be crafted by either Armorsmith, Tailor or Leatherworker while Superior Rune of Bursting (which is also available via the trading post) is crafted via Huntsman (and you need to double check where you get this recipe, which in this case is only occasionally available from Network Supply Agents).

ALWAYS make sure to double check if the recipe is found outside the regular base crafting or discovery system! Most are, but some desirable ones like Bursting are not.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

On the right side of the article/page in the Wiki, it will either show the prices on the Trading Post, or it will say 'Account Bound'.

The article will also show the recipe if it can be crafted, and where the recipe can be acquired if necessary.  Also which Crafting Disciple is need to craft the item.

All this, and more, is explained in the Wiki.

• Like 2

Each rune or sigil has its own recipe. Please take the advice and click on the links in the wiki. Ie, find the rune in question, if it lists a recipe, click it to see how to get it. Expand the ingredients list to see if any are account bound. Trapper is account bound, and wiki estimates 4+ gold to craft. The recipe can be bought on the TP.

You are basically asking us to do the leg work for you by not learning how to use the wiki.

Edited by DeanBB.4268
  • Thanks 1

Relics were just added as part of SotO, and were never part of the game before that.

I don't remember any accessories as part of level up rewards. While leveling, I would just buy cheap ones at whatever level I was starting at (ie, after tomes and other level ups), and leave those in place until level 80 and acquiring the stats to fit the targeted build.

If you're moving on, level 80 now, I'd say make sure all your gear (except maybe backpack) are level 80 exotics with good stats. The game gets more challenging as you move towards HoT, so don't let your stats hold you back. There are cheap named exotic armor pieces ("Nika") and marauder weapons ("Saltspray") available. (Those are just a couple of examples). 

5 hours ago, DoNotAimAtMe.3510 said:

Ring i have but no accessoire or relic.

Don't worry. After the SotO changes runes are essentially just stat buffs and at most you'll only need to worry about 2-4 of them in the whole game (Dragonhunter for power based builds, Trapper for condition based builds, Monk for healers and maybe Surging for the extra mobility). Everything else is useless. You can craft the first two ones for ~4 gold coins x unit, get Monk's from Dungeons currencies and Surging for 2 gold coins from Itzel vendors in HoT maps.

For relics, there's more variety and usefulness;  you either buy them from the Black Lion Market (usually around 10-20 gold coins) or unlock them playing SotO and then purchase them at the WvW vendors.

Also, don't buy/craft trinkets: get ascended ones almost for free from the Living Season maps, specially from Bitterfrost Frontier, Bjora Marches, Bloodstone Fen, Dragonfall and Sandswept Isles. Main use of jewelry craftsmanship in the game is mostly related to making some legendary items, not the trinkets themselves.

35 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Also, don't buy/craft trinkets: get ascended ones almost for free from the Living Season maps, specially from Bitterfrost Frontier, Bjora Marches, Bloodstone Fen, Dragonfall and Sandswept Isles. Main use of jewelry craftsmanship in the game is mostly related to making some legendary items, not the trinkets themselves.

Not very helpful for a newly level 80 who just finished the core story, but great advice for later in the game.

Trading post

Armor

Accessories

Gear/filter >

> select desired stats (condition damage, etc)

> set quality to Exotic

> set level to 80

In the list of items for sale, click the top of the price column to sort it lowest to highest

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Not very helpful for a newly level 80 who just finished the core story, but great advice for later in the game.

If I had to re-start from 0 with a level 80 character and no expansions my first task would be farming materials in core Tyria (platinum, logs, etc.) and doing the Wizzard Vault goals from PvP and after a couple of weeks turn all the gold farmed into gems to buy the season 3 and 4 maps (starting from Bitterfrost and Dragonfall). Those maps would then provide all my trinkets in ascended quality for free and be also strong sources of more profitable metas. I would also use the PvP and WvW tokens to start crafting my fisrt legendary armor ASAP, since you won't need more than 1-2 sets of ascended armors for your main, at most.

• Thanks 1

You are over worrying about details in my opinion. Why not learnt he game as you play? There's no rush, you will see and discover and gain everything as you progress

But runes and sigils come from crafting or salvaging to answer your question

On 1/23/2024 at 9:09 AM, pengefinchess.8452 said:

Depends on the rune/sigil. Some r account bound some tradable

@DoNotAimAtMe.3510

Some you have to craft yourself as those are account bound like Sigil of Cleansing (which remove 3 condition on weapon swap - 9 second cool down) and there are other you need to unlock from Mastery to get access to special NPC vendors.

The price on weapon sigil can also be rather high on Black Lion Trade Post and doesn't always improve your build just because they are expensive (and most of Sigils didn't have that high of cost in Gold before SoTO).

Level up a crafter (use GW2 wiki to learn what crafting discipline you need to be able to craft exotic Sigil).

Weapon Sigil will mean that you need a crafter that can craft any kind of weapon that you then upgrade on your weapon ( Weaponsmith, Artificer  or Huntsman).

For Runes you will instead need any crafter that can craft Armor as it is an upgrade that you add on your armor: Armorsmith, Tailor or Leatherworker.

Use this site for finding out the best way for you to learn crafting on your crafter: https://gw2crafts.net/

Remember that you can craft to sell items too, so even if you don't see that big use of spending time and some Gold to level up a crafter, it is still useful as you can refine items like Ore, that you gather or from using Salvage kits, into Ingot.

That means that you can save some space when you have filled up your Material Storage with Ore and later use that Refined Material or sell it on TP (often you get more from unrefined mats like Ore, but it is still worth to Refine items as you can then gather more raw material and Dispose it directly from Character Inventory to MS; and sell stack of 250 items in one go instead of adding up small fee which you need to pay when you list smaller quantity often) .

There are also some Runes and Sigil that you will be able to purchase when you unlock some Mastery that are related to NPC vendors. Until then those part of vendors panels will be closed and only offer standard items like Gathering Tools or Salvage kits. Here you will find that HoT and PoF have some NPC vendors that also offer Runes and Sigils.

Read that section for Acquisition in both Sigil and for Rune. There you will see how you can get those upgrades.

As you seem to be very focused on just one build for Necromancer (Condi Scourge): https://hardstuck.gg/gw2/builds/necromancer/condition-scourge/

Sigil on that build is two Sigil of Bursting and one Sigil of Torment

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Bursting

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Torment

Those are rather expensive Sigils right now on TP. You can see price to right on each Wiki page which is from Black Lion Trade Post (API). It should reflect what you will see in game when check BLTP, but it might be a delay if there have been a lot of activities with sold or bought items.

Bursting have always had a high Gold price as it is a permanent increase of Condition Damage (+5%) on weapon, as when you weapon swap between main hand (MH) Pistol and Scepter you will keep to have the same flat damage. There is only one off hand (OH) here in that slot with Torch with Sigil of Torment where you will have 2 stack of Torment on target and surrounding enemies (work a small AoE) for 5 seconds.

Scourge professional mechanism is five professional skills and those counts as weapon swaps, so every time you change between Pistol and Scepter you will trigger (procs) this Sigil, and every time you make use of those Professional Skills (and/or bundled skills - remember this when you get special action key that it will also count as a weapon swap and this can cause you to aggro Neutral Ambient creatures; same happens if you dismount as it changes your skills weapon bar).  

The cost today 24 January would be 12.44 Gold for Torment, 2 x 6.86 Gold = >26 Gold, if you purchase it directly and don't put up an order with the lower order price.

I would recommend to look at other Sigil then Torment as what you need is possible to replace with at least another cheaper Sigil until you have enough Gold or can craft it yourself.

Sigil of Vision is very cheap and give you 3 seconds of critical hit, so it works better with Sigil that also are "on crit".

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil

In short don't get stuck on Hardstuck (pun intended), but try to find out option that work better with getting there if that is what you really want.

You also have more option if you look at Reaper or Harbinger as you only to have to mange one Professional skill and can make more use of your Elite skill (shorter cool down then 90 seconds).

• Thanks 1