DH traps could be nerfed by 50% and still do too much damage

All fun and games but enough is enough, when is the God Class going to get tuned. At this point it should be called DH Wars 2. Why roll another profession?

There must be some counterplay to this. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to discuss. How do you counter DH traps? And in the meantime, how can its damage be justfied?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Pretty much every problematic mechanic in pvp could be cut in half and it would still be insanely good; it's pretty absurd how overtuned everything is. Like yall know it's possible to have burst damage that isn't 100-0 in under a second, stealth that doesn't last 20 seconds, less than 50% uptime on iframes, and mobility that doesn't cover the length of a football field right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Pretty much every problematic mechanic in pvp could be cut in half and it would still be insanely good; it's pretty absurd how overtuned everything is. Like yall know it's possible to have burst damage that isn't 100-0 in under a second, stealth that doesn't last 20 seconds, less than 50% uptime on iframes, and mobility that doesn't cover the length of a football field right?

Don't tempt anet to cut everything in half. We'll be playing bunker wars 2 next season. Now if the only gamemode wasn't conquest ppl might diverge a bit lol. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, oujiboardspamname.1932 said:

Don't tempt anet to cut everything in half. We'll be playing bunker wars 2 next season. Now if the only gamemode wasn't conquest ppl might diverge a bit lol. 

Did you not see iframes on the list? We're already in a bunker meta, it just also has Dragonhunter traps to spam.

• Confused 1

what's ArenaNet obsession with making guardian so freaking OP?

I stepped into PVP for the first time in almost 7 years and the first time I noticed was perma-stun Berserkers and Eles but ok, that's pretty common in WvW too and it's only effective in ganking situations but then, OMFG! DH traps taking 90% of my health in less than a 1 second and disgusting WBs dealing massive damage while taking none and having unlimited leaps? WTF?

I was planning into farming the last 8 ranks I need for the Dragon Finisher but nope, no thank you...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I stepped into PVP for the first time in almost 7 years and the first time I noticed was perma-stun Berserkers and Eles but ok, that's pretty common in WvW too and it's only effective in ganking situations but then, OMFG! DH traps taking 90% of my health in less than a 1 second and disgusting WBs dealing massive damage while taking none and having unlimited leaps? WTF?

I was planning into farming the last 8 ranks I need for the Dragon Finisher but nope, no thank you...

I can't believe anet buffed dh trap damage AND buffed wb in spvp 😫😫😫

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I bet there's been many examples of returners like yourself - or people completely new to PvP - who have attempted to play, just to die in 2 seconds to a DH with no real example of counter play or fairness, and just think to themselves "not for me." and just nope out of sPvP forever. And then GW2 devs are baffled and buff Guardian in response. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

DH needs shaving on its sustain not dmg

This would be a very good solution.

You can have damage or defenses, not both.

Although removing defenses from a Guardian elite spec is borderline impossible without removing it from core guard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i dont know if DH already won an mat, but it will, so we might see some hard nerfs in the big patch 33 days from now

wasn't even played in EU MAT kekw

grand finals were:

Core Guard, Cata, Bladesworn, Soulbeast, Holo

vs

Druid, Reaper, Deadeye, Scrapper, Core Guard

won by the team with Deadeye and Druid. This forum is actually silver and bronze takes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

wasn't even played in EU MAT kekw

grand finals were:

Core Guard, Cata, Bladesworn, Soulbeast, Holo

vs

Druid, Reaper, Deadeye, Scrapper, Core Guard

won by the team with Deadeye and Druid. This forum is actually silver and bronze takes

what kind of bad logic are you even using?

EU mAT were running bladesworn non-stop, and yet NA mAT literally only had like 1 bladesworn in the entire tournament which was picked by like R1 scrub team.

are both regions playing on different patches or something? mAT doesn't indicate kitten

Edited by BonggangKikay.9576
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, BonggangKikay.9576 said:

what kind of bad logic are you even using?

EU mAT were running bladesworn non-stop, and yet NA mAT literally only had like 1 bladesworn in the entire tournament which was picked by like R1 scrub team.

are both regions playing on different patches or something? mAT doesn't indicate kitten

he asked if DH won the MAT, it didn't. Bladesworn wasn't even part of the question...

NA is a historically uncompetitive region dominated by one team with no real competition for years. there is a reason it's not streamed or recorded, it's just not worth it.

if you think MAT doesn't have anything to do with the strength of current builds, idk what to tell you dude. if the best players choices don't indicate what's good, then what does? little timmy on centaur rev in ranked? the last 1v1 I lost in WvW to a necromancer?

tell me homie- if the classes & build choices made in the monthly tournament mean nothing in regard to build strength- then what is a good indicator? like honestly 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i dont know if DH already won an mat, but it will, so we might see some hard nerfs in the big patch 33 days from now

Yea, already predicting that too. From the many threads and so on, I will be wondered if it isn't 😅

2 hours ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

he asked if DH won the MAT, it didn't. Bladesworn wasn't even part of the question...

NA is a historically uncompetitive region dominated by one team with no real competition for years. there is a reason it's not streamed or recorded, it's just not worth it.

if you think MAT doesn't have anything to do with the strength of current builds, idk what to tell you dude. if the best players choices don't indicate what's good, then what does? little timmy on centaur rev in ranked? the last 1v1 I lost in WvW to a necromancer?

tell me homie- if the classes & build choices made in the monthly tournament mean nothing in regard to build strength- then what is a good indicator? like honestly 🤔

Stats we don't have access to. 

Class/build winrate and play rate per elo tier are good indicators. 

If DH is really busted op, the winrate of it would be way higher then average with a steady increase in playrate following. 

But only Anet has the stats. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1

The fact that no one seems to understand that the problem is how many of DH skills are unblockable or unevadeable gives little hope to it ever being fixed.

People would rather complain about numbers rather than the fact that combos which can only be stopped by tons of invuln and stab ( IE: Build wars ) is bad for the game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

You think Anet is gonna nerf their baby?
Aint no chance in the mists that its gonna happen. They are gonna give Guardians more buffs and QOL improvements next patch. Mark my words.

IF they nerf Guardians its gonna be to some random ability scaling, not addressing the issue of the professions core mechanics itself giving much survivability that you need dedicated professions running glass cannon to shut Guardians down.

Its gonna be longbow Soulbeasts or Gunflame Berserkers needed to shut that kitten down eventually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

58 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

You think Anet is gonna nerf their baby?
Aint no chance in the mists that its gonna happen. They are gonna give Guardians more buffs and QOL improvements next patch. Mark my words.

IF they nerf Guardians its gonna be to some random ability scaling, not addressing the issue of the professions core mechanics itself giving much survivability that you need dedicated professions running glass cannon to shut Guardians down.

Its gonna be longbow Soulbeasts or Gunflame Berserkers needed to shut that kitten down eventually.

They prolly going to nerf dh and throw some more buffs at FB, at some point fb will turn into an opressive supp or at least there'll some condi bunker build as side effect from that

• Like 3

On 1/25/2024 at 5:18 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

DH needs shaving on its sustain not dmg

God almighty - a smart response on the forums. JESUS - this entire thread is a knuckle dragger echo chamber. DH traps were always meant to "boom headshot" so to speak. They're... wait for it... DRAGON TRAPS. DRAGON. TRAPS.  They also do not move, are visible on the floor, and can be triggered by pets, and invulnerability. Or something like a warrior in endure pain/rampage.  When I run theif ill dagger storm into traps either on elite or after warrior steel (missle reflect) and shadow step out at mid on my way to far to try and counter a heavy trap mid opener. Theres your counters to traps. Once they are on CD - go blow up the DH. Free kill with focus. 

As Khalisto said Sustain needs nerfs not damage.

Why is this? Because the traps should kill you if you cant figure out how to not walk into them. However - running DMG like this should mean that an error or two later you die. This forum is such dog water. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835