Was about to down an ennemy player and my game crashed, in 2 years playing my game never crashed, new hack?

Choya.2687

There was no crash error message the game stopped responding. You know white screen where you have the choice to wait or close the game.
And i had only twitch open on another screen. Watching some gw2 pvp.

And my computer is pretty powerful.

There been a number of times I've experienced that exact thing. Usually during a big fight and when I see a chance to drop my boon disrupter, a few times I crashed just when starting my run. No error messages and no other computer related issues. 

I'm guessing my little disrupter is pretty effective, until I venture out too far then it's curtains. But big fun always. 😉

• Like 1

Drop hacking is making server connection drop for everyone to force a match to auto-draw (done by the losing side so he doesn't get a loss). But like all terms, it's just become a generic term for "anything I don't like".

GW2 can be pretty unstable. Just the other week we had people crashing WvW servers with the fan glider. There's always something going on. Remember the HoT story horn that you can keep which was causing crashes a few years back?

The fact it happened once means it's just a crash, and I really doubt anyone you fight cares that you were "about to down" them.

7 hours ago, Widebody.5071 said:

There been a number of times I've experienced that exact thing. Usually during a big fight and when I see a chance to drop my boon disrupter, a few times I crashed just when starting my run. No error messages and no other computer related issues. 

I'm guessing my little disrupter is pretty effective, until I venture out too far then it's curtains. But big fun always. 😉

I was roaming on a shrine only the two of us.

2 hours ago, PrinceValentine.9320 said:

Was arcdps active when this happened? Arcdps caused a lot of lag and disconnects lately. 

I don't use it.

1 hour ago, LSD.4673 said:

Drop hacking is making server connection drop for everyone to force a match to auto-draw (done by the losing side so he doesn't get a loss). But like all terms, it's just become a generic term for "anything I don't like".

GW2 can be pretty unstable. Just the other week we had people crashing WvW servers with the fan glider. There's always something going on. Remember the HoT story horn that you can keep which was causing crashes a few years back?

The fact it happened once means it's just a crash, and I really doubt anyone you fight cares that you were "about to down" them.

I'm maybe over reacting but i desesperatly wish for Anet to do something about the hackers in the game.

They are doing whatever they like without any consequences. I'm a bit sad about it, because the game is great!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/29/2024 at 8:27 PM, Choya.2687 said:

There was no crash error message the game stopped responding. You know white screen where you have the choice to wait or close the game.
And i had only twitch open on another screen. Watching some gw2 pvp.

And my computer is pretty powerful.

Stuff can happen to the best of PCs. The fact that it never happened before doesn't mean much. I always say: "once is a coincidence, twice is a question mark and three times is a pattern". Let's see if it happens more often first before pulling out the more nefarious possibilities.

On 1/31/2024 at 6:45 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Stuff can happen to the best of PCs. The fact that it never happened before doesn't mean much. I always say: "once is a coincidence, twice is a question mark and three times is a pattern". Let's see if it happens more often first before pulling out the more nefarious possibilities.

Three times it is then, going once, twice sold.