Power Creep Making Map Mechanics Obsolete Has Me Down

11 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Increase power creep, anything that ups it is great.  I dont like standing around waiting for meta events to end, anything that ends them faster is better. 

Why play the game then? Just curious, I dont get why people want to skip the gameplay part...

• Confused 2

Here's what ANET should do: bring back the retaliation buff, but make it so only enemies/NPCs have it. Then make it permanent and non-removable. After that, scale that kitten up to 11 and watch the player base kill itself in one hit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

As much as I don't like hp sponge bosses (i.e. pretty much all old world bosses), Hot meta bosses would do fine with just a bit of a hp bump. The metas have enough interesting mechanics and variety for an open world event that makes them interesting if they didn't all die in the first phase. Yeah they are boring to you if you did it 640 times. But that doesn't mean they should just become 2 min farm train stop instead of an actual event. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Tbh...

If u join lfg squads then yeah, shits easy, done in a blitz, majority know what they are doing, content is just farm, every mmo have this, obv pover creep is so bad now that most bossess cant even do their cycles properly and mechanics get skipped from raw dps incoming.

gw2 is heavily effected by parreto principle so 6 people doing 80% of 50 man squad dps or healing, like 20 knoes mechanic in farm train.

But try to just wander into map without squad and do some of these events with pug groups.

So im doing krakalik scale purification routine every few weeks, went to thunderhead peeks, lots of people, no commander but pro pug needs no commander right? Easy stuff.

I was only one trowing spears in attempt to shed boss armor, i res like 20 different people and kept writing to follow for a spear, few did but efforts was futile. 

Similar in every meta or events, it aint easy at all with map instances u randomly join or stumble into.

Maybe in NA servers is different and those few players that actually play there know what they are doing, but in eu where majority of this game action goes; if u want to do non farm map u better hope population there be minimal and population of pugs aint scaling stuff to the stars.

Farm maps be farmed, always been the case, with years said maps just get more efficient at being farmed. 

Inb4 confused reaction from people that only do extremely farmable and/or fresh maps 

Edited by Triptaminas.4789

4 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Tbh...

If u join lfg squads then yeah, shits easy, done in a blitz, majority know what they are doing, content is just farm, every mmo have this, obv pover creep is so bad now that most bossess cant even do their cycles properly and mechanics get skipped from raw dps incoming.

gw2 is heavily effected by parreto principle so 6 people doing 80% of 50 man squad dps or healing, like 20 knoes mechanic in farm train.

But try to just wander into map without squad and do some of these events with pug groups.

So im doing krakalik scale purification routine every few weeks, went to thunderhead peeks, lots of people, no commander but pro pug needs no commander right? Easy stuff.

I was only one trowing spears in attempt to shed boss armor, i res like 20 different people and kept writing to follow for a spear, few did but efforts was futile. 

Similar in every meta or events, it aint easy at all with map instances u randomly join or stumble into.

Maybe in NA servers is different and those few players that actually play there know what they are doing, but in eu where majority of this game action goes; if u want to do non farm map u better hope population there be minimal and population of pugs aint scaling stuff to the stars.

Farm maps be farmed, always been the case, with years said maps just get more efficient at being farmed. 

Inb4 confused reaction from people that only do extremely farmable and/or fresh maps 

That's about how it is for NA too, there's always just a huge divide between people who know what they're doing and those who don't.