World Restructuring Beta Event Feedback

• Spielst du auf NA oder EU?

EU

• In welchem Team waren Sie vom 12. bis 26. Januar?

Erste Freistatt

• In welchem Team waren Sie vom 26. Januar bis 2. Februar? 

Glückstal

• Wenn es einen Wochentag und eine Tageszeit gibt, an denen Sie normalerweise spielen, welche sind das?

Täglich zur Hauptzeit in der EU nach MEZ von 20:00 UHR bis 00:00Uhr

• Fühlen Sie sich Ihre Matchups zur Weltumstrukturierung mehr oder weniger ausgeglichen an als Ihre regulären WvW-Server-Matches?

Ein klares NEIN! Bei den aktuellen Server-Communitys gibt es klares Teamplay, die Communitys unterstützen sich gegenseitig viel mehr als in der Beta. Gilden wurden  auseinandergerissen und Euer Algorhytmus mal wieder versagt hat und die Leute mussten den Support anschreiben um nach transferiert zu werden. WvW-Spieler konnten nicht wie gewohnt ihre Publics oder Raids bestreiten. Ihr meintet noch PVE Spieler, um mit dem WvW Ansturm Event ins WvW zu locken, allerdings nur zu unerträglichen Warteschlangen führten und weder das Interesse hatte sich an den Kämpfen geschweige denn organisierten öffentlichen Läufen zu besitzen.

Absprachen untereinander waren nicht gegeben, Karten hatten riesige Warteschlangen und keine sichtbaren Kommandeure, diese alle unsichtbaren liefen und auch kein Interesse zeigten an Teamplay. Viel zu viele bunt gemischte Gilden und Communitys die alle zusammen gewürfelt wurden und sich gegenseitig Karten und Spieler streitig machten.

• Hast du eine WvW-Gilde für die Beta ausgewählt?

JA

• War Ihre Gilde Teil einer größeren Allianzgilde?

NEIN , wozu auch wenn Wir eine Allianz Gilde erstellen und dann Alle Leute der Server Community darin haben um mit Ihnen zusammen weiterhin zu bleiben bei einer Umstrukturierung dann macht auch die Gesamte Umstrukturierung der Server doch gar keinen Sinn dann kann man es auch gleich lassen!

• Gab es während Ihrer normalen Spielzeit normale Kommandanten?

Zu viele auf den ganzen Karten ob unsichtbar oder sichtbar, keine Teambildungen oder Kooperationen möglich Jeder macht nur seins und das auf allen Karten,  konnte man nicht wie bei den bisherigen Communitys absprachen treffen kann und will wollen  und Wer Leads veranstaltet  

• Welche Woche empfand ich für Sie am ausgeglichensten und angenehmsten?

KEINE

• Welcher Teil der weltweiten Umstrukturierung empfand ich als am besten umgesetzt?

KEINE

• Welcher Teil der weltweiten Umstrukturierung bietet meiner Meinung nach den größten Raum für Verbesserungen?

Meiner Meinung nach sollte man das neue zusammenwürfeln der Server und Spieler komplett verwerfen. Dies führt nur dazu, dass WvW-Spieler den Spaß an diesem Content verlieren, wenn Sie teilweise 2 Std. Lang in der Warteschlange sind um dann mal überhaupt spielen zu können und danach gibt es nur chaotisch und nichts organisiertes. kitten ich davon ausgehe das es auch in Zukunft Server Transfers geben wird, wird es bei Umsetzung wie in der Beta anfangs einfach nur chaotisch sein und auf längerer Zeit werden sich die Communitys über Transfers sowie so wieder zu den alten Strukturen zusammen schließen. Also was hat uns das dann außer dem Server neue Namen gebracht haben endgültig nichts! Man zerstörte nur, was die Communitys über Jahre hinweg an Spielerbasis und Bindung aufgebaut haben.

Wenn Ihr ein Allianzsystem einfügen möchtet solltet Ihr dieses machen allerdings nicht eingebettet für das WvW, sondern Content übergreifend kitten stirbt mehr Tragweite hat als so wie Ihr das momentan umsetzen wollt. Wenn das Allianzsystem allgemein eingeführt wird, unabhängig vom WvW, bietet das mehr Spielern die Möglichkeit, in allen Bereichen des Spiels Anschluss zu finden. Es können sich Allianzen aus Gilden finden und die Mitglieder darin sich Content übergreifend zusammenschließen, somit können PvE-Spieler ins WvW gehen und mit Leuten spielen, die den Content beherrschen, was Ihnen den einfachen Einstieg macht als alleine und ohne Anschluss dort rum zu laufen. Dasselbe gilt auch umgekehrt natürlich und die Allianzen können sich gegenseitig in allen Aspekten des Spiels unterstützen. Das sollte Eure Priorität sein! Wenn Ihr das so umsetzt und den WvW-Spielern dafür einfach nur eine oder zwei neue Karten gebt oder für Gilden einen separaten Bereich in dem sich GvG Gilden duellieren kann, ohne die normalen Karten zu verstopfen wo Publics laufen wäre das um weiten eine enorme Verbesserung in Dieses Spiel und Wir kommen wieder zurück zu der Basis, warum Guild Wars auch Guild Wars heißt, so eine Änderung würde ich als leitender Kommandeur ohne Umschweife begrüßen und befürworten.   

Edited by Fenris Frostwolf.5729

On 2/2/2024 at 5:07 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you all for your participation in the world restructuring beta event. We’ve been keeping an eye on your feedback throughout the beta and would like to follow up with some specific questions now that we're at the end of the event. If you’d like to share your thoughts, please leave answers to the following questions in this thread:

• Do you play on NA or EU?
  • What team were you on during January 12-26?
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2?
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta?
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime?
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you?
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed?
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?

Thank you again for your help with this event!

NA, Skrittburgh, Griffonfall

I played most days of the beta Tues - Sun, around 9-10PM EST for about 2-4hrs each session. I did select a WvW guild, which was a small guild with no larger alliance.

The matchups felt less balanced than normal.

There seemed to be a lack of commanders during my play sessions, and many of the people who did tag up, seemed to do so only to fill that void. There were several occasions of having our map queued yet there didn't seem to be anyone actually around responding to things, perhaps due to a lack of commander to rally around.

The Skrittsburgh matchup felt better. The could have been a factor of being longer. Or maybe participation numbers dropped of as the Beta progressed. Multiple players from both matchups expressed the opinion that our server was comprised of the "leftovers."

Certainly the issue of people not being placed on the correct server was an issue, and could have driven people away, rather than dealing with or waiting on Support to fix things. But I didn't personally experience that issue, nor anyone else in my guild who participated.

• NA
    • Skrittsbourgh
    • Dragon's Claw (I think?)
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?
    • In normal matchups, I play most days, usually around 9pm-11pm EST.  For the beta, since I had to choose one of my guilds or the other, I was only on Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays around the same times.
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?
    • It was a mix.  The 12-26 matchup felt good, but the 26-2 matchup was consistently 30 v 50-60 fights.
    • Yes
    • No
    • In general, I would say it felt like there were fewer side tags compared to normal server matchups; in normal weeks we usually see 1-2 smaller tags elsewhere on the map, in beta it felt like it was just us some weeks while other weeks seemed more normal.

It did feel like the groups that were there in general throughout the beta were less inclined to coordinate.  It felt to me like matchup duration may have been a part of this.  In normal matchups, you have some familiarity with the other groups on your server and have some time to get to know your linked partners.  That lets you understand how different groups/players play and builds trust between groups and solo players.  In a matchup where you're not guaranteed to know anybody else and only lasts 1 or 2 weeks, that same rapport isn't there and there isn't enough time to build it.  In the 26-2nd matchup particularly, this felt very noticeable--a lot of non-squad players would refuse to push or run alongside tags when needed to defend major objectives, while tags were unwilling to open to players that were unwilling to use comms.  The end result is you have players sitting to the back/side and watching as the map's tag gets run over by an enemy tag twice the size, all while both sides point fingers at each other in team chat.

Perhaps longer matchups would mitigate this--there is much more motivation to work with other groups/players if you know you will be paired together for some time, vs. if you know you'll be with someone new in a week either way.
    • The 12-26 matchup, particularly the first week where it felt like there was the most population.
    • Queues felt significantly better compared to what we often see on Emery Bay.  Unfortunately, the less packed maps did not always translate into less skill lag.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?
    • Three things stand out to me:
      • 1) I think World Restructuring needs more player information than it has currently to build good matchups.  There are a lot of different playstyles in WvW and not all of these are compatible with each other.  While guilds can work around this somewhat by forming "alliance guilds" with other groups, there is no such option for players not in a guild.  I would suggest having "matchmaking options" of some sort on the WvW tab--e.g. guilds can mark what kind of tags they usually run, whether they require comms and/or comp builds, and whether they are more "casual" or "competitive".  Players, similarly, can mark what kind of tags or players they'd prefer to be matched with.  If a player has a WvW guild already set, then their guild's matchmaking preferences would take precedence over the players.

This would help match non-guild players onto shards that have tags and/or players that have more compatible playstyles, and make it more likely groups and players will be willing to work with each other.
      • 2) As mentioned before, I think matchups need to be longer.  If my guild only runs 2-3 times a week and a matchup only lasts 1 week, there is no motivation to get to know allied groups/players, since they will be gone again in short order.  It seems like you would need matchups to be similar in length to server links to allow some rapport to develop.
      • 3) As a player who usually plays with two different EBay guilds, it is extremely frustrating that I have to choose one or the other every matchup.  While I think World Restructuring needs longer matchups for the sake of shard rapport, as a player in this situation, being locked out from playing with one guild or the other for a month would be even more frustrating than it is now.  I don't want to have to constantly pick between two groups of friends, and no matter which I pick, the end result is that I play half as often as I used to.  While this is good for my personal life and ability to touch grass, it is less good for the health of the game.

Something I would consider would be seeing if it is feasible for there to be some means of players being able to participate in multiple shards (with some limitations, obviously; e.g. you would need to be on a guild on that shard, and could not play on two shards that are currently matched against each other).  There are some concerns this raises, of course--players might jump ship from losing shards to focus playing on winning shards--but given that players can already effectively do this if they have multiple accounts, it would seem to me that this risk would already be present even without giving players this freedom.

On 2/2/2024 at 10:07 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you all for your participation in the world restructuring beta event. We’ve been keeping an eye on your feedback throughout the beta and would like to follow up with some specific questions now that we're at the end of the event. If you’d like to share your thoughts, please leave answers to the following questions in this thread:

• Do you play on NA or EU? eu
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? the A team
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? still the A team
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? 7am when all the people are at work or asleep i snipe those objectives ez win
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? no worse
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? yes
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? yes zerg life bro
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? no because zero content no enemy guild to fight only randoms
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? neither
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? nothing
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? the match making

Do you play on NA or EU?

NA

What team were you on during January 12-26?

Seven Pines

What team were you on during January 26-February 2?

Skrittsburgh

If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?

I usually play every day of the week; random hours on the weekends and during NA primetime during the week

Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?

Hard to say really as every match-up is different. The beta match-ups themselves felt bloated by all the extra players attending for the Rush event and those players are unlikely to participate during regular match-ups

Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta?

Yes

Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?

Yes. We merged 4 medium-sized guilds into an alliance guild consisted of maybe 150 players overall, but during the beta we most often still ran with our original guilds rather than as a larger alliance guild

Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime?

Yes

Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you?

I only played during the first week of the beta. The queues on my server were horrific during NA primetime (often 30+ for every borderland and 50+ for EBG) and as someone who doesn't particularly enjoy PvE, I decided to go play other games until the beta ended.

What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed?

I appreciated the quick response this time around for placing players with their correct shard after being placed incorrectly initially (although I cannot say whether this was the fault of Anet or if players are still improperly executing their guild selection for the beta).

What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?

1. First and foremost, Anet needs to figure out a way to better communicate IN-GAME both when the beta is coming and how exactly to select your beta guild. Unfortunately a large percentage of the player population never ventures to the forums for information. Anet needs to send out a game-wide mail with a direct link to the forums (or the official website) with a concise tutorial explaining exactly how players select their beta guild.

2. Balancing the populations better around the time zones in which they play. During the first week (the only week I really participated) our entire shard consisted of players who play during NA primetime. We had absolutely no coverage whatsoever outside of NA primetime whereas the other two shards seemed to have much better coverage overall. Anet needs to create an algorithm that determines WHEN players are online, not just how many hours they play each week.

• Do you play on NA or EU? NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Dragon's Claw
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Don't recall, but I think Titan's Staircase was blue and we were green.
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Any day, usually evenings 8-10 p.m. Pacific.
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? Less balanced.
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? Yes.
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? Not that I'm aware.
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? No.
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? First round. We were critically outnumbered during the second round, often capturing just our entry waypoints and one of the camps beyond.
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? Couldn't tell.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? Team selection. My wife and I selected the same guild, played from the same IP address, and ended up on different teams for both rounds. We should be able to regroup at least at weekly reset, if our settings aren't initially the same. Maybe a volunteer system similar to the activities, where there's a boost to people who swap teams midweek to keep things balanced.

• NA

• Seven Pines

• Phoenix Dawn

• Daily, 7pm PST

• Much more balanced

• Yes

• NO

• Yes, many

• Second week was quieter with less players, both were pretty even in balance

• All of it worked very well – no issues.

•  UI for guild selection and info showing that you will be on the right team
    • Go Live already please 🙂

• Confused 2

Do you play on NA or EU?

• NA

• Stonefall

• Seven Pines (?)

• I tag Mon/Fri evenings EST every week and follow zergs whenever I have time/they're around.  I roam during the day when work allows/when I don't feel like zerging.

Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?

• Not particularly different.  The first/second week was fine.  The third week, it just felt like being linked with a group that has fewer tags and getting stuck against groups with larger zergs, which happens often enough in the current system anyway.  The maps also felt like they queued faster, but I honestly don't know if that was a population cap difference or just hidden tags doing their own thing and not interacting with other groups on the maps.  

• Yep!

• Yes/no?  The guild I selected "was" the alliance.  Unfortunately, the majority of my main WvW guild couldn't select it, because they didn't have a free guild slot to join an "alliance" guild.  My main guild's owner and I have had to split the guild between us, to ensure that we have a leader for each side of the folks who can/can't add a separate "alliance" guild during every World Restructuring beta, and it has been the #1 pain point as a group throughout all of it.

• Yes.  Ish.  Some were closed groups/hidden tags, but honestly, tag quantity-wise, the beta didn't feel any different from my usual WvW experience.  The major difference was that I had no relationship with the tags I was meeting, so I had no clue who they were/what their usual strategies were, etc., and people didn't all coordinate well.  

• In terms of roaming, the entire beta was great.  Ish.  Very active.  In terms of zerg fights, it was unpleasant/frustrating to try to defend anything on non-EBG maps (because EBG always has tags, who understandably don't want to risk getting stuck in queues by helping on other maps), but I'm biased.  When I tag during EST evenings, I tend to have 20-35 people with casual comp, and all three weeks, I would end up running into groups of 40-50 I could do nothing against.  I don't think that's really something Anet can address, though.  The zerg culture of the omniblob outnumbering everything with multiple guilds running together is a player choice.  Due to the way my guild was split, I had fewer people than usual, also, which didn't help matters at all.

• I could switch which guild I was repping, then waypoint without mysteriously ending up at another Team's spawn point and suddenly being the enemy of my former allies, so that was improvement over previous betas... 🙂 More seriously, I think the most positive aspect I encountered was Anet's responsivity/the activity of the Anet team in general, especially the communication with players.  

What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?

• The pain point mentioned above is the #1 thing I would deeply like improved.  My guild is a group of people who enjoy playing together.  We are a WvW guild.  It is what we do.  It is why the guild exists.  Unfortunately, during every beta, my guild has had to choose between two bad options: (1) abandon other friend groups to leave a guild/make room for an "alliance" guild, or (2) accept the fact that by joining the "alliance" guild, the majority of our group isn't going to be playing with us for 1-3 weeks.   
  • We run guild missions every week for commendations/to enjoy spending time together with friends, and as a consequence of the above, during the tests of World Restructuring, a good chunk of the group just can't participate in most of it, because it's next to impossible to, say, coordinate two tags capping and holding a camp in two different match-ups, for example.  Trust me, we tried, haha.  It was chaos, and it just didn't work out. 
  • As part of the same pain point, the division between "those who can join" and "those who can't" has made it impossible for us to gauge how many of us would actually be part of the "alliance" group, because the guild slot issue means we have never been able to get everyone who is actively interested in WvW into one group for the betas.  Our guild is nearly always hovering around 500 members, but not all of them are active in WvW every week. 
  • Tangentially, related to a second pain point, we are a teaching guild.  We are a place where new folks to WvW can join up and learn the game mode, and springboard off to other guilds if they decide they'd like to focus on a different style of WvW play.  Ordinarily, with the current server system, people have a reliable pool of known guilds we can point them to.  The beta made that more difficult, if not impossible, for us to accomplish, since (beyond the fact that we were split in two) we had no way of predicting which team would be what, or whether the teams would have members who did X style of play, since we didn't know which guilds we would be with, or what those guilds even did, unlike the existing system, where we can at least say we know which groups are on which servers.  Communication/facilitating the onboarding of new players is one of my bigger concerns about World Restructuring as a whole.  The NA Alliance Server (and the EU one!) on Discord has useful tools to help with that, with advertising guilds to try and connect with newer folks, but I'm concerned that requiring an external tool to make connections in the long run will be a roadblock for some of the more casual players.  It can be next to impossible to get some folks on Discord.  This is another one of those "not sure how Anet can fix it" situations, though.  Tracking playstyles/sizes isn't exactly something that can be automated, short of adding an interface in the game itself where folks can advertise their guilds' preferred styles as a resource.

Do you play on NA or EU?

NA

Reaper's Corridor

Giant's Rise

Any time on weekends.  Evenings during weekdays.

The matchups seemed more balanced.

Yes.

No.

Sometimes but do not need a commander to enjoy WvW.

The fights were always better than my normal WvW server.

Have not been placed on the wrong team but I am in a small WvW guild.

Do not over stack worlds where there are queues on every map for several hours during reset.  Maybe do not have a WvW bonus event during betas to see how the population would be under normal circumstances.

Do you play on NA or EU?

• EU

• Stonefall

• I can not remember. I did not play during the second matchup.

• Mostly during the afternoon/evening on weekdays and throughout the day on weekends.

• The first one felt more balanced than the regular matches. I can not tell for the second one.

• Yes.

• No.

• Mostly on the evenings.

• The first one.

• I like the idea of this system in general. I can choose who I play with during the upcoming matchup and I think it will make WvW guilds more popular as we can get rid of the server system.

• The UI and the ingame explaination why you can/should pick a guild for WvW and what happens if you do not.
  • If you are able to increase the overall amount of players that play WvW it could become difficult to join maps due to long queues. So apart from the restructuring you should have a plan to deal with higher popularity of this game mode.

EU.

Skrittsburg.

Reaper's Corridor.

Tue, Thur, Sat, Sun - organized guild raids, Fri - clouding/opentag, 18-22 UTC.

Sat / Sun noon - roaming or opentags.

"Yes" for 1 and 3 weeks, "Same" (in bad case) for 2nd week.

Yes.

Partically. Not with any large WvW Guild.

But we invited many friends from other Guilds to try organized WvW. Most of them was a novices in this gamemode. Some of them got lot a fun and already transfered to us to play organized WvW regularry.

Mostly "yes". But sometimes it was "Chatmander" 🙂

To be honest 3rd was little more balanced (enemies was little closer to our numbers and skill), but we got many strong enemies at 1st and it was VERY fun to play on limits and gettin' better.

Let me do this:

1st week: Balance - 8/10, Fun - 10/10

2nd week: Balance - 2/10, Fun - 2/10

3rd week: Balance - 9/10, Fun - 7/10

Both Basic shuffles (1 and 3 week) was kinda good and balanced.
But there was absolutely no balance when different tiers was re-matched at 2nd Week.
I understand this should be balanced during long "season", but our 2nd week was kinda frustrating. We didnt found any organized squad most time.

I'm sure "4 week-season" cannt sort tiers properly and during long terms boring "2nd weeks" will match us same often as fun "1st/3rd weeks".

Edited by Sephiroth.9364

• EU
    • Dragons Claw
    • Dragons Claw
    • 21...24h CEST/CEDT
    • Depending on time.
    • Yes
    • No
    • Often invisible commanders with discord requirement
    • Jan. 12-26
    • I was abled play with a guild mate.
    • Sometimes language barriers with french players. Just put all those spawncamping permanently stealthed solo/duo roamers in one server.

• Do you play on NA or EU? NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Cant remember 
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Giant's Rise
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? I don't have a fixed day or time, sometimes I play in the morning/afternoon, sometimes at night
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? More balanced
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? YES
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? YES
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? More or less. In the second week there was more. However, there was more than my server
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? Third one
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? I the Third week, it wasn felt that the redistribution was better than in the first and second week.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?  I believe that the distribution of guilds/alliances still needs to improve, because in the first week, it was clear that the other 2 servers had commanders and people practically all the time (24/7). In the second week this was alleviated. Another point that still seems to be irrelevant, even nowadays, is that you are part of T1, win the week in scores and receive nothing for it. There's a lack of incentive for guilds to continue there, trying to defend or capture something. If there were prizes for participating members or guilds, it would be much more attractive in this game mode. Of course, with this award, the population of Magumma needs to be reviewed urgently and never placed in the same alliance. It is currently the worst server to play against due to there being people available all the time playing.
Edited by Slyner.8239

• NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? The name was forgettable, Thorn Watch maybe. 
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Giant Rise or something equally forgettable. I am more used to the names of the teams we were up against because I saw them more and we don't really have a server identity. It could just be red blue green - server126 for all it matters.
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? For most of the restructuring 8 am to 11 pm pst. Friday Reset and Sat/Sun the longest block of time.
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? They feel more balanced in some ways. There are other teams and commanders on at the same times. There were more people on then there typically are. However, they also feel less balanced in other ways. I believe there were many people just wall running to leech rewards and even heard talk about them finding places to work the system and witnessed people jumping up walls in weird locations. Many times server was queued but it was 30 against two stacked servers and guild groups 50+ each. "We're queued where are all our people?" was something I often heard. I am not sure it was really balanced in terms of numbers. Nor was it balanced in terms of skill or guild groups, as often an organized wvw guild running meta builds + discord would just sit on objectives farming bags.
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? Yes. That worked out well. However it was a little tricky, I remembered using a tab in the past but the tab didn't have anything on it because the selection was in a different place. Why still have that tab?
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? We are a larger guild that WvW nightly, but some members picked more primary guilds and were on other teams.
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? There were some commanders. I got to meet a few guild groups that ran open tag. Some were really high quality others had heart, but it was hard to know what kind of group you were getting into. There were also closed/invisible tags and groups that would make some maps feel empty even though they were queued. It's hard to speak to those groups motivations when playing, there typically wasn't communication or response to communication. 
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? Both weeks felt balanced and enjoyable. However the 2nd week we were up against large and organized guilds and there didn't seem to be many guilds like that in our group. The ones that were there just ran when they learned they were outmatched in many fights. 
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? There were often many people on. 
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? I think the biggest room for improvement is a system where people who want to play together can play together. With so many people on, other problems came up again like lag and full map queues on all maps. People running into walls, gaming the system, broken gliders in wvw causing crashes, disabled gliding were all areas that could be improved. 

NA

Dragon's Claw

Reaper's corridor

Various times.

Neither more or less balanced. 

Yes

Yes

NA prime yes, over populated in the first pairing (Dragon's Claw), OXC prime time no in both match-ups. Opposing teams seem to be more consistent. I think having a WvW rush at the same time as beta launch was also a bad idea, as that added to how overpopulated the first week was.

If the idea was for the guild alliances themselves to organize how populated their own alliance was across different times zones, we should have been informed prior - this was a theory that was talked about a lot. 

Neither 

None. 

The only difference was selecting who you got to play with. Match-ups didn't feel any different, still wonky and inconsistent.

As an aside:  Perhaps an in-game notification for upcoming beta's would be beneficial,  as there were a ton of complaints in map/team chat that people were unaware of the beta. I personally believe it was well advertised on social media/forums but can understand how it would sneak up on people who don't pay attention to these.  

• NA
    • Seven Pines
    • Phoenix Dawn
    • During the day I pug. Evenings is guild
    • More I think. Specifically in that I felt like more people were on at different hours.
    • Yes
    • No
    • All except VERY early AM (Chicago time)
    • I enjoyed both. had less playtime week two. I think one MAY have been a bit more balanced to me
    • I love being with a variety of people in a combination i didnt usually get. A lot of servers we know a good deal of people from, but with was a new mix. Exciting.
    • I really liked it. I think fine tuning things is likely a big part of the work left. That can take a long time though. I would love to see this soon as a kind of 'early access' concept. We all know it may be a little odd at times, but rolling improvements to keep making it better

ALSO:

Please dont do a rush next beta. Having people who are farming for GoB is fine but it doesnt throw off the ability to see what a normal match up of regular wvw players is like. IT feels like you are introducing a variable that you cant control for during the test phases. Really needs testing with the population who will be in wvw every week when this is live.There is a different dynamic when wvw regulars are hunting bags (rush only people) and not really doing WvW.

ALSO ALSO:

Would love some love for SPvP

Thanks for all your work ANET! Its really exciting to see WvW getting love. Hope its a trend that continues. 🙂

• Do you play on NA or EU? - EU
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? - Can't remember. Didn't take any notice.
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? - Can't remember. Didn't take any notice.
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? - Evenings most days, and weekends.
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? - About the same.
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? - Yes, although there was no in-game notification ahead of the beta so ended up in a bad guild.
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? - No.
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? - About 50% of the time.
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? - None. I prefer playing with my server.
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? - None. I prefer playing with my server.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? - None. I prefer playing with my server.

And just to add, if the beta goes live I will probably quit WvW.  It killed any enjoyment of WvW for me.
You don't get the same feeling of "belonging" to a server.  The beta was just bunch of random guilds I've never seen before and have no attachment to.

Edited by Boo.5743

• Do you play on NA or EU? NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Moogooloo & First Haven
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2?  Moogooloo and Seven Pines
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Generally I play all week AWST (+8 timezone) the 2hr window between 8pm to 10pm. 
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? I felt it was more populated than my current server however I don’t feel it was balanced. In First Haven in the first week the opposing server had guilds with big numbers in my select timezone appeared to have roamed and no particular commander. 
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? Yes. 
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? On one account yes on the second no. 
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Sometimes it depends on the day and whether day light saving is in effect. 
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? While I would not say they were balanced I will say week one was a lot of fun. This could have been the hype of the event however I think that this is all progressing towards the right direction. 
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? I felt like the support Anet was able to give to players who got stuck in the wrong matchup was very good. The match making was good but definitely has room for improvement. 
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? This was always going to be a tricky process to work out with multiple timezones. My opinion is that it could be helpful in addition to guild selection there could be a timezone selection this way the system knows what time players and there guilds run and it could be factored into matchmaking. Another thing that could be helpful is for guilds / unguided players that are not in a mega guild alliance if they could have an option to select a set amount of guilds they are interested in partnering with (obviously due to matchmaking this might not always happen if a shards full). This could help towards small guilds and solo roamers who have friends in bigger guild and want to stick together. In the beta test the only way to work around the separation was having an alt so you could play with the other teams. This is not ideal because then you will still have shards with players who are not active to that match. This is a problem in the existing servers some are stacked with alts and have no active players during specific time zones.
    A bug we experienced was the queue bug where you got to the front of the queue and when you select yes to map changes it put you back in the queue at the end. 

Thanks for collecting the community’s feedback on the matter. 
  • Like 1

EU

Dragon's Claw.

Reaper's Corridor.

That changes with my mood.

It would be unfair to judge this since there are too few data samples to make a appropriate pairings.

I thought I did 😞

No.

No.

The last week.

The no more servers thing.

There need to be language-recommended combat groups. People play on language-recommended servers for a reason and suddenly dumping them into environments where people are unable to communicate because of a language barrier is a really bad experience.

Dragon's Claw died in activity since half the group was people from France largely unable to speak English and the other half were people who could speak English and only rudimentary French. This meant that improvised activity was virtually dead since a squad without voice comp and such gets run over by a squad that has those things. This resulted in activities being insular as the French half had little desire to include the English-speaking-only crowd. They signed up to be on a server where people are expected to speak French.

Reaper's Corridor had similar issues with desegregation, though here, I would guess, roughly 25% of the group was from Germany and had better English speaking skills. Still a similar issue of insular content though there was some mixed activity, People from Germany tend to remain on TeamSpeak while people who speak English tend to use Discord. My guess is because they're used to mingling with other nationalities.

• Do you play on NA or EU? - NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Griffonfall
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Griffonfall
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Night to early morning CST 
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? **Significantly** less balanced
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? Yes
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? Yes
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Yes
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? The first week. The novelty wearing off week two may have been the cause of player retention drop, but week three was the worst. 
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? The idea itself. Balance in competitive content can be an achievable goal, and I appreciate Anet making the beta approaches and improve upon them incrementally. I also think that the idea of balancing and weighing Team Formation based on quantifiable metrics such as Tagged Commander Hours, Hours and Number of Players running with said commander, KDR, and other things, and moving away from PPT, is a good approach as a whole. 
  •  
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? 
    • Coverage balance itself. Making sure that coverage matches amongst all teams is going to be a difficult goal to truly achieve. However, making sure the Victory Point scores arent heavily biased to the outcome of low activity matches should be Goal #1. I think the simpliest fix here is to just scale the total VP earned during a match by the number of players in it. High activity matches where lots of competitive content is occurring should net teams holding structures more points, and significantly less should be given when activity is minimal. This is the most important and necessary change for WvW to make wins and the tier system feel meaningful.
    • Improve Server or world loyalty. As World Restructuring is killing the concept of worlds, Anet needs to incentivize the small groups more. At the end of each week, there should be a scoreboard shown to the player with Top Kills, Top kills without assists, Top Doly, Camp, Sentry flipper, Top Tower capper, Top Defender, etc etc etc. These metrics should also be displayed for Guilds as a whole. This will allow for a gamification of the new system and keep players motivated and interested in playing with their new team, by competitive spirit if nothing else.
    • Better balance for small scale. The main reason I have found players stopped playing Week 2 and Week 3 was due to the predominance of massive zerg play throughout the maps. If you didnt like zerg play, there was no content for you. This is due to a number of factors, mostly tied to incentives - as new players dont know their allies well so stack on largest grp, are less challenged by being in a large grp, can flip structures for easy currency, and generally play the game mode like PvE, with Structures being world bosses with extra steps. This is not how competitive content should be enjoyed, and Anet needs to change this to incentivize smaller group content and split up the zergs.
      • This can be done through a variety of means:
        • Significantly buffing Boon removal/corruption so that the boon creep from the latest expansions can be better addressed and reduce time to kill per fight - the bunker meta in pvp rationale applies here
        • Limit squad size to much smaller numbers - 25-30 or less
        • Punishing players who group up in massive numbers with reduced rewards - outnumbered buff needs an overhaul
        • Weakening of projectile block/reflect prevalence in WuvWuv so that both projectiles and condition damage have a role and use in large fights, instead of being a 'new player trap' that kills variety of builds.
        • More numerous objectives like ruins that require a group to separate to hold them
        • Diminishing returns on CC chains so you can't get stun locked and unable to play by a large zergs CC
        • Reduce superspeed/leap/invulnerability creep that has come with latest expansions, which most players use to retreat into larger numbers or safe zones. Fights should not occur around safe zones but in a truly competitive environment where both sides have risk. I would recommend not allowing for gates to be used if in combat. 
        • Allied resurrections should have a maximum resurrection speed based on 2 allies max. This will reduce the ability of massive zergs to sustain downs from smaller group pressure but simply outheal or rez them back with no loss.

Ultimately Anet needs to consider the non zerg player and the new player, the player who has a small group of friends but wants competitive content and to be able to viscerally see skills and enemy cool downs and feel the adrenaline rush of a well fought small fight, where every skill, cooldown and position matter. Keep fights complex.

Boonballs and other low effort playstyles punishes tactical choice. 

Edited by Apokriphos.7042
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/2/2024 at 2:07 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Do you play on NA or EU?

NA

Pheonix Down

Giants Rise

Random weekdays anywhere 6:00-11:00 PM, Fridays 11PM - 2:00 AM, Saturday 1:00 PM-4:00 PM. (EDIT: times are in PST)

Yes, they felt more engaging. They were not one sided either.

Yes, however it feels weird to call my guild a "WvW" guild. There are people with a wide array of gameplay interests in it. It is not WvW only. I like to put a lot of time in WvW though.

No

Yes, absolutely. No one was hiding their tags and there was constant action. Now that the beta is over it's back to hidden tags.

The first week had all three teams pretty close.

That things seemed so balanced along side tons of action.

Honestly, I am not sure why it wasn't just left on continuously. I was disappointed when it wasn't left on. One person who leads our weekly WvW event for our guild somehow did not get matched with us so there's that, but he only WvW's once every two weeks now so perhaps his activity level dropped below the threshold? If anything that should be improved.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415

• NA
    • Skrittsburgh
    • Giant's Rise
    • all days, typically an hour after reset for a while
    • didn't notice, it always feels polarizing
    • yes
    • I joined an alliance guild
    • the first two weeks yes, the last week no
    • it was a bit rough all three weeks, not a lot of coverage at other times. unless there was a big group on at our time, we got steamrolled.
    • Getting to play with people I'm usually against
    • not all of the people who had the same guild selected as a wvw guild got on with us.
      • it was difficult/poor timing to try to get people into the alliance guild (many were full up on guilds and didn't have room - would be nice to have a 6th slot just for an alliance).
    • An announcement of who you'll be linked with - reset was very hard for queues because we couldn't plan for it, I think there was an 80+ queue at some point.
      • we had people not play/join us because they didn't have the time for the queue
    • The queue bug - you'd get the travel prompt and then it just sticks you back in the queue at the end.
    • I'm sure I am forgetting things

1. NA

2.  I don't remember. I should care about some random mashed up team which will be disband in a week?

3. Read above.

4. Mostly evening time in weekdays.

5. Far less balanced.

6. Yes

7. Yes

8. Yes.

9.  Less balanced and I disliked every minute of fighting random enemies alongside random teammates.

10. Not a darn thing.

11. Just save your time and energy and discard the idea. I would prefer to see better class/spec balance and perhaps even new WvW infusions.

Do you play on NA or EU?
NA

stonefall (i think, i might remember wrongly)

stonefall (i think, i might remember wrongly)

everyday 8pm to 10pm GMT+8, weekend 8am to 2PM GMT+8

more balanced

yes

no

most of the time

jan 12-26.
in jan 26 to feb 2, our guild is constantly facing large enemy blob with a squad of 20+ vs 50+
the skillset comparision is also vary very differently, we saw a lot well exceuted boon ball and also just a lot scattered squad that do not know how to fight with a coordinated squad and get wipe all the time.
There are also timing on every map we get outnumbered buff

- i get to interact with people/group that i didn't know exist until now.
- more fights, even tho it is challenging at times.

- skill lag was constantly happening
- ping was abnormal during my night lots of ping spike, it was unplayable for one of the night which range from 200ms to 2000ms.
- map queues were constant. I think this is likely from the wvw bonus. if we are seeing a larger than usual population interested in wvw, the map likely needs a redesign to accomodate larger teams.
- the lack of roamers in the servers, most people are with guild so they tend to squad up with their guild. there is a lot of private squad, with map queue going to 30+. roamer practically do not exist during this beta.

general feedback 
while that is a lot of negative feedback from me, i generally love the beta, i like the direction where this headed to and look forward for more updates
also thank you to the poor intern/dev collating this feedback - why is there no proper feedback form?

• Do you play on NA or EU? EU
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Griffonfall
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Don't really remember. Giants something maybe?
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Everyday in different time slots through the week.
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? Less. Everything was like normal on Griffonfall (I think we were loosing but it was not that bad). The second part was straight unplayable as solo roamer. Groups of people everywhere.
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? No
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? No
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Not much, probably because of the random times.
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? probably week 2 (19-26)
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? I don't know. It was just "relink" for me.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? Balancing the solo / small guild roamers? Can't play if there are 3 more enemies around each camp.