Condition Build- Balance

17 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

maybe u can dodge the skills that apply the conditions instead of trying to dodge the condition ticks! hope this helps 💖

This is comedy gold, and the amount of dislikes is a testiment to the average skill level in these forums and honestly just sad.

*WOOSH*    

And the guy saying:  "good luck trying to go up against 5 people alone, with just 2 dodges"......  gets upvotes..... 

Look at Grimjacks post....   why is it funny?  and why does it make absolute sense what he said.       Think about it guys.  Think about it reeeally hard! 

Edited by Sahne.6950
Sad
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Sure...please count my dodges...2 should be enough against condi reaper, condi thief, condi druid, grenade engi and some other random condi build...all in the same team....all spamming AoE condis in 360 radius area...thank you for the kind suggestion

You have dodges, blocks, invurnable, aegis.

Ontop of that condi cleanse, resistance, resolution.

If you can get enough of these in any build, you can really comfortable go against them. And either with another condi build or power build, depending class/spec what can be traited.

I haven't play too much, but I've been told to play condition builds a lot because they are strong and easy. I enjoy condition I can stand there take and do lot damage. I get on power build I lose. I don't exactly know how most people die I just pretty much run around and press buttons, it works I am new. I'd learn power if everything didn't just instantly kill me.

On 2/3/2024 at 9:18 AM, Alternatex.5734 said:

I've plaything decent amount hours and condition need get toned down. I will make points to why. Unlike power builds they don't need 2-3 stats to make the build really effective giving option to go more tranky with sustain. Unlike power builds where you have put more stat and have greater counter play. I understand the need for it but it's to effective combined with celestial for wvw mode. We can argue power builds need work on damage output to (which they do need work), but power skills are more telegraphed there a lot fewer telegraphed/noticeable condition application skills. Boon application really helps boost every build but it really puts condition way up there. Just off boons condition builds can do good damage from conditions and power damage off might.

1. only really requires condition damage/duration for effectiveness

2. ticks still hit you in evade frames/block frames even some application like fire aura (evade/damage skills)

3. condition ticks ignores toughness/boons (protection), skills that negate power damage (endure pain) few others.

4. condition application/stacks application is problem because they can apply it so consistently you can't remove it fast enough or condition like confusion punishes you on condition clear skill

Since the game's inception, because anet didn't think about it, all you need to do to win pvp is stack your team with condi builds. This applies at all times, even when condi is considered "weak" compared to power builds. The fact that "cover" conditions are still a thing speaks to the unfathomably poor combat focus the game has received.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Since the game's inception, because anet didn't think about it, all you need to do to win pvp is stack your team with condi builds. This applies at all times, even when condi is considered "weak" compared to power builds. The fact that "cover" conditions are still a thing speaks to the unfathomably poor combat focus the game has received.

correct.

The more condibuilds are in one team, the stronger the individual condibuild gets.

Your cleanse CD´s can only keep up with so many condis at a time.     At some point, its simply more condis coming, then you can cleanse and you die.

The more condibuilds are hammerin on you, the sooner that point comes.

"Just Dodge" really helpful, I guess you guys never fought a condition/celestial mesmer OR necromancer, ranger, thief. It does matter much. Lot condition skills are multi hit with not easy to see animations or just spammable on auto attacks. Amount effort takes to kill condition build gets you pulsed in lot fights. We recommending everyone just go condition/celestial? Getting bmed after 2v1 ing a condition/celestial build is also fun after I been fighting them 1v1 for like 13min+

• Like 1

Anet should revert the PvP only nerf to sigil of cleansing. 

Sigils are something every class has access to, and undoing this nerf will disproportionately benefit those with poor access to condi clear. 

Specifically those that cannot effectively cleanse multiple condis at once. 

1 hour ago, Alternatex.5734 said:

"Just Dodge" really helpful, I guess you guys never fought a condition/celestial mesmer OR necromancer, ranger, thief. It does matter much. Lot condition skills are multi hit with not easy to see animations or just spammable on auto attacks. Amount effort takes to kill condition build gets you pulsed in lot fights. We recommending everyone just go condition/celestial? Getting bmed after 2v1 ing a condition/celestial build is also fun after I been fighting them 1v1 for like 13min+

It's the reality of it all. Celestial Mesmer isn't possible in PvP. Celestial ANYTHING isn't possible in PvP.

Mesmer also predominantly inflicts a reactive condition called Confusion. This condition only damages you significantly if you panic and press buttons, like heal, accidentally dodge and interrupt it, press something else in a panic to react to that overreaction, and then eat 3-4 ticks of Confusion activating.

It sounds like you're asking for better animations that are easier to differentiate rather than nerf conditions themselves. Which I agree with this idea, animations are becoming a little muddled sometimes.

Also it's sounding like you specifically have an issue with Mesmer and Necromancer, both light-armored professions. Mesmer can inflict, at maximum, 4 damaging conditions. (Bleeding, Burning, Confusion, and Torment). Necromancer is slower but inflicts a significantly large variety of conditions.

Also 13+ minutes sounds like WvW considering a PvP match only lasts 15 minutes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Also it's sounding like you specifically have an issue with Mesmer and Necromancer, both light-armored professions. Mesmer can inflict, at maximum, 4 damaging conditions. (Bleeding, Burning, Confusion, and Torment). Necromancer is slower but inflicts a significantly large variety of conditions.

Definitely referring to wvw.  The problem is not condy it is the fact certain classes can spew out many different conditions at the same time which should not be permitted in my view (and i play condy primarily)  as its basically dictating that the target must be able to spam condy removal or they will be damaged heavily.  RE above Mesmer is not just  4 at same time, on top of this you have sigils and relics etc.

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Sad 1