Power Rev WvW Roaming build

idolin.2831

2 hours ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

Phantom's Onslaught also gives fury even though it's not listed on the tooltip. With 72% boon duration it gives me 15 seconds of fury in armistice bastion using it on a golem

Edit:

It actually appears to give 5 seconds per target hit. I was getting 15 seconds from hitting three targets with it.

Are you trolling?

Never seen that myself. Now I have to try it if I have been blind and didn't notice it. Just to see if this is a troll or not😅

14 minutes ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantom's_Onslaught

Not trolling. It's 3 seconds of fury per target with 0 boon duration. It's super helpful though, I love it.

This ability is bugged in many ways 😂. They should rather make it work 900 range charge, target or no target. Because even with target, it isn't just 900 range...

33 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUl7llQmMK6kNRpsKClFSqsBqkntUZUF-D2IY1om/MSUFkpUwr/CORA2DvF/2sAA-w

I know this isn't for power build because celestial. But I wanted to share this build eitherway ^^

And for who else wants to give it a try.

Scepter/shield + shortbow probably will work with this gear the 27th.

Going to try that little change myself then ^^.

9 hours ago, idolin.2831 said:

How do you have perma fury? Invoker's Rage in Invocation only gives 5s of Fury, even with Dura/Surging runes (15% boon duration) it's only 5.75s.

Edit: For my vindi build there's Riposting Shadow in Shiro and Scavenger Burst in Alliance that give fury. Almost enough to keep up fury, I think my main issue is I linger in Alliance for too long. 

Sword 5 to fill. 

Huh after more time on Vindi I’m feeling like using sword/sword again, needed the burst damage from it. Also I’m running into energy issue especially when kiting or disengaging, too easy to get stun locked and having no energy to stun break, although that’s mainly a skill issue. Still too unfamiliar with Alliance stance, I don’t manage energy well with it plus can’t keep track of if Luxon or Kurzicks stance is active yet. 

Edited by idolin.2831

2 hours ago, idolin.2831 said:

Also I’m running into energy issue especially when kiting or disengaging, too easy to get stun locked and having no energy to stun break, although that’s mainly a skill issue. Still too unfamiliar with Alliance stance, I don’t manage energy well with it plus can’t keep track of if Luxon or Kurzicks stance is active yet. 

Is definitely a learning process, but over time becomes more intuitive when to save energy for breakstuns and when to spent it on burst or disengaging tools. Also, having energy sigils in each weapon is mandatory, and at least one of cleansing is very important.

Maybe evades no longer ignore root and our vigor was removed (to prevent boon sharing which with the new patch will no longer exist, despite we won't see that vigor come back) but with cleansing in weapon and legend swap there's 3 condis removed (4 if runing anti toxin relic, albeit I prefer Durability). Won't be the same as a breakstun but still much better than the now useless Aggressive Agility (one of the few reasons Devastation had in the past any sense). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

but still much better than the now useless Aggressive Agility 

useless? Very nice to be honest. You can ignore non conditions for some time. A few examples against fears with necromancers, in general escaping roots while using your mobility wisely, you're less slow when chasing the enemy bc of resistance if they try to  slow you down. And more like this !

Idk how can you even call it that. When I run that traitline for power builds, then I always use it bc of those advantages.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Idk how can you even call it that. When I run that traitline for power builds, then I always use it bc of those advantages.

Before the nerf I also always ran it when I chose Devastation (which was almsot never because Devastation is truly lame as source of damage at WvW/PvP and the alternatives  in other trait lines at least provide utility/sustain), but now that instead of removing roots just voinds non-damaging conditions for a pity 2 seconds I never use it. I mean; between 3 Revenant characters I stack 15 trait templates and only one has Devastation and doesn't use it and I don't use that plantif at any game mode, anyway.

By the way, ditching Devastation doesn't require any effort or trading cons and pros or anything; once everything is nerfed to bad gravity just pulls choices to "less bad options", which is how everyone ended running rune of Divinity in PvP (when 10% more HP was instantly better that all the rest of crap) and the same happens here. There's nothing amazing about the Devastation damage in competitive game modes so why not instead run something that provides value?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Before the nerf I also always ran it when I chose Devastation (which was almsot never because Devastation is truly lame as source of damage at WvW/PvP and the alternatives  in other trait lines at least provide utility/sustain), but now that instead of removing roots just voinds non-damaging conditions for a pity 2 seconds I never use it. I mean; between 3 Revenant characters I stack 15 trait templates and only one has Devastation and doesn't use it and I don't use that plantif at any game mode, anyway.

By the way, ditching Devastation doesn't require any effort or trading cons and pros or anything; once everything is nerfed to bad gravity just pulls choices to "less bad options", which is how everyone ended running rune of Divinity in PvP (when 10% more HP was instantly better that all the rest of crap) and the same happens here. There's nothing amazing about the Devastation damage in competitive game modes so why not instead run something that provides value?

Well about that particular trait, that it removed roots first and now gives resistance to be immune against it.

I prefere resistance because more versatile against those other non damaging conditions and that's a buff. That makes it more versatile to use movement abilities offensive/defensive playstyle.

And yea the other traits are outdated and what you said.

Imo like I suggested in some post some time ago, which didn't get much attention, happens. I suggested that there should be a grandmaster minor trait in every core traitline related to its stance. These grandmaster minor traits should additionally also give each stance ability something extra around that stance theme. The same way that salvation trait gives something to centaur stance abilities. 

And then the other traits needs some looking into too. I wouldn't change the increased damage modifier in middle grandmaster major trait and vulnerability having more effect though.

• Like 1