They fixed Staff.

HeliosMagi.9867

From the New Weapon Proficiencies Beta Feedback Update:

"The staff is breaking ground as warrior’s support weapon, and while it landed strong, it had its own pain points. The largest piece of feedback we received was about the unwieldiness of Line Breaker. Sometimes ally targeting is not a good match for a skill, and this is one of those cases. Line Breaker will no longer be a targeted skill and will now be ground targeted. This will help warriors use this skill on the fly at a moment’s notice.

Support warriors also noticed that their adrenaline gain was substantially lower than a traditional warrior’s. We’ll be adding additional adrenaline gain to Valiant Leap and Defiant Roar to help warriors use burst skills when they want to. We know support warrior is still a budding archetype, and we plan to add more trait support for it in future updates."

TL;DR Staff 3 doesn't require Ally Targeting anymore, and Staff 2 and 5 now grant Adrenaline.

Edited by HeliosMagi.9867
Added link.
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

From the New Weapon Proficiencies Beta Feedback Update:

"The staff is breaking ground as warrior’s support weapon, and while it landed strong, it had its own pain points. The largest piece of feedback we received was about the unwieldiness of Line Breaker. Sometimes ally targeting is not a good match for a skill, and this is one of those cases. Line Breaker will no longer be a targeted skill and will now be ground targeted. This will help warriors use this skill on the fly at a moment’s notice.

Support warriors also noticed that their adrenaline gain was substantially lower than a traditional warrior’s. We’ll be adding additional adrenaline gain to Valiant Leap and Defiant Roar to help warriors use burst skills when they want to. We know support warrior is still a budding archetype, and we plan to add more trait support for it in future updates."

TL;DR Staff 3 doesn't require Ally Targeting anymore, and Staff 2 and 5 now grant Adrenaline.

But will Line Breaker still be using the Rush animation? That is the real question and concern.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It'll be ground targeted. That bug shouldn't happen then. I bet it'll get stuck on slight bumps on the ground though.

Still, it's great that these concerns got heard.

Ground targeted can simply mean that it functions like Willbender's Virtue Skill 2, which is a ground targeted skill, where you aim an arrow indicator and then launch the skill in the direction you're pointing it. Doesn't necessarily mean the animation rigging is different, just that it simply no longer requires a target. At least from what we've read.

We'll know more on the 16th, but yeah...could still have the rigging for the Rush animation...which would be no bueno.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Ground targeted can simply mean that it functions like Willbender's Virtue Skill 2, which is a ground targeted skill, where you aim an arrow indicator and then launch the skill in the direction you're pointing it. Doesn't necessarily mean the animation rigging is different, just that it simply no longer requires a target. At least from what we've read.

We'll know more on the 16th, but yeah...could still have the rigging for the Rush animation...which would be no bueno.

The rush animation and the channeled dash can be separated though. How many ground targeted dash skills have you seen bug out like Rush? 

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The rush animation and the channeled dash can be separated though. How many ground targeted dash skills have you seen bug out like Rush? 

None because they don't use that animation rigging...this one might. Remember, they had flat out said back before EoD launched when they were previewing the Elite Spec skills Cal specifically mentioned that they cleaned up the animation so that its less likely to fly out in random directions like Rush, yet refrained from fixing Rush and continue to do so.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1151502739?t=0h25m39s

So yes, I am still a bit concerned that the animation will remain the same as we saw it in the preview event. Ground targeting may alleviate it, we'll see. If it does, then slap that kitten on Rush as well because that would be an actual solution to a 12 year old issue.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

None because they don't use that animation rigging...this one might. Remember, they had flat out said back before EoD launched when they were previewing the Elite Spec skills Cal specifically mentioned that they cleaned up the animation so that its less likely to fly out in random directions like Rush, yet refrained from fixing Rush and continue to do so.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1151502739?t=0h25m39s

So yes, I am still a bit concerned that the animation will remain the same as we saw it in the preview event. Ground targeting may alleviate it, we'll see. If it does, then slap that kitten on Rush as well because that would be an actual solution to a 12 year old issue.

Yeah, this may well be there attempt at fixing Rush, but this fix would also mean you can't detarget-retarget to fake out an opponent or shift targets.

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, this may well be there attempt at fixing Rush, but this fix would also mean you can't detarget-retarget to fake out an opponent or shift targets.

I will happily lose that if we gain consistency in the tradeoff.

22 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

True.

4 hours ago, Butterfly Kingdom.8349 said:

Warrior

In this update, we've tuned up a few of warrior's lesser-used options in competitive modes. We'll also be keeping an eye on how support builds perform with the introduction of staff and may rework some underutilized traits in a future update to give them additional tools if necessary.

• Arcing Slice: Increased the power coefficient from 1.213 to 1.36 in PvP only. The power coefficient when striking a low-health target is unchanged.
  • Hundred Blades: Increased the power coefficient per strike from 0.35 to 0.4 in PvP only. Increased the final strike power coefficient from 0.8 to 1.0 in PvP only.
  • Rush: This skill now tracks moving targets better.
  • Savage Leap: Increased the power coefficient from 1.15 to 1.35 in PvP and WvW. Reduced cooldown from 8 seconds to 7 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Final Thrust: Increased the power coefficient from 1.0 to 1.5 in PvP and WvW. The power coefficient when striking a low-health target is unchanged.
  • Last Stand: Increased the base barrier from 1,715 to 1,960.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2064653138?t=0h48m23s

Yes, it was 11 years in the making, nearly 12. Like I said, I'll take consistency over anything else because we need the consistency more. Also slight HB damage increase, still backloaded but alright...we'll see.

3 hours ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2064653138?t=0h48m23s

Yes, it was 11 years in the making, nearly 12. Like I said, I'll take consistency over anything else because we need the consistency more. Also slight HB damage increase, still backloaded but alright...we'll see.

Thanks for reminding me of the stream. I was on an airplane coming home from a vacation when that went live.

From CMC's hedging I don't think they found all the tracking bugs.

The 100B buff isn't the buff that was needed, but it'll at least be worth using even if the last hit whiffs now.

The Wildblow change is nice. Unblockable CC that does good damage. Enjoy it until the guardian mains QQ and get it nerfed.

Sad to see no Spellbreaker Utility love...