WvW sup Mesmer nerfs

Provocative.3561

Notes as follows:

Mesmer

We made some adjustments to mesmer support builds in WvW in the January update, but it's clear that they're still a bit stronger than we'd like them to be, and we're making additional changes to reduce their effectiveness. We've also made some small improvements to power-based mirage builds in PvE.

• Null Field: Reduced the field duration from 5 seconds to 2 seconds in WvW only. Reduced the number of pulses from 6 to 3 in WvW only.
  • Mantra of Concentration: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 25 seconds in WvW only.
  • Power Break: Reduced the stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in WvW only...
  • Chaotic Transference: Reduced the shared chaos aura duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in WvW only.
  • Temporal Enchanter: This trait no longer increases the duration of glamour skills.
  • Sympathetic Visage: This trait no longer affects nearby allies and only pulls conditions from the player.

————————-

nov patch 2023 / June patch 2023

null field: Increased the cooldown from 35 seconds to 45 seconds in WvW - Reduced range from 1,200 to 900.

———————-

Feb patch 2023 

Temporal Curtain
Reduced range from 900 to 600

I would like to say, we’ve seen some hard nerfs to Support Mesmer this year partly due to commanders abusing mesmers strengths. But after trying so hard to make it a viable option for fights that doesn’t necessarily involve portal stealth gravity wells. You’re leaving support mesmer feeling lack luster. Forcing mesmer-again-to opt into more concentration to keep boons that we provide(which isn’t much), while forcing mesmer to get closer and closer to melee when the class is inherently squishy…

Albeit the lovely changes to Mesmer’s Chaos/Inspiration trait lines-allowing Mesmer’s a niche way to participate in fights that adds just the right amount of hysteria and support-making Mesmer an extremely valuable asset to any guild in WvW, these changes push back Mesmer into a weaker position overall. Classes like ele and guardian offer a plethora of ways to support and CC enemies with little to no nerfs to compensate. And if commander mesmer is the issue, just nerf the tankiness of builds like minstrels? Which would bring all support classes in line, Because the difference in builds vs a Mesmer main and a rando commander varies greatly. 

Mesmer already lacks stability and the only way for a Mesmer to obtain such a boon would be Mantra of Concentration. Increasing the cooldown yet again and lowering the duration of said boons only hurts Mesmer more. In addition to null field’s range already being reduced and the cooldown being extremely high for the utility it offers, it doesn’t seem just. Compared to other classes who offer stability on a lower cooldown and other classes being able to aoe cleanse conditions, on again, a lower cooldown. Now null field pulses less in WvW and lasts for a short duration. It’s becoming a bit much right?
Then Mesmer’s ability to aoe shield Ally’s that duration is being reduced to 2 seconds… meanwhile ele aura share is sitting at 4 seconds while still being able to dish out incredible heals as well as guardian. 

I feel the way Support mesmer was supposed to work, was offer niche boons, strip condis, bolster ally’s with shields while attempting to either A: CC enemy with focus pull/gravity well and have team collapse on targets or B: inspire team with time warp and give shields… either is looking weak now due to the facts listed above and makes it more difficult for Mesmer overall to feel impactful when so much is going on WvW as it is, and the competition isn’t being looked at. Only recently changed Support Mesmer.. something needs to be done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 2/17/2024 at 6:04 PM, Pie.2167 said:

Pulls and strips with a few fun combos is what made Chrono fun to play in WvW.   With each patch they diminish something I enjoyed that really wasn't a problem to begin with. 

They cant let us have some fun, no fun allowed, only braindead farm and chinese gvg is allowed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was already not finding my support mesmer much fun to play compared to my support firebrand because it was already sup-par. Then the newest chrono support meta was created and BOOM insta-nerf lol...now, I don't even want to swap to support at all anymore on my mesmer because what even is the point xD

I'm fine with the aura nerf, it was indeed a bit much. I don't mind the pull nerf too much (I consider it unnecessary but oh well) - but null field?! When what we so desperately NEED is proper boon strips? Just a slap in the face really...Also nerfing stab on mesmer of all classers is ridiculous.

Support mesmer needs love and attention to be viable and balanced - not this sort of half-baked panic nerf 😕

Ima wait for rifle release, then the first patch after rifle release lol...and then we'll see how this will go long term.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Firefly.5982 said:

I was already not finding my support mesmer much fun to play compared to my support firebrand because it was already sup-par. Then the newest chrono support meta was created and BOOM insta-nerf lol...now, I don't even want to swap to support at all anymore on my mesmer because what even is the point xD

I'm fine with the aura nerf, it was indeed a bit much. I don't mind the pull nerf too much (I consider it unnecessary but oh well) - but null field?! When what we so desperately NEED is proper boon strips? Just a slap in the face really...Also nerfing stab on mesmer of all classers is ridiculous.

Support mesmer needs love and attention to be viable and balanced - not this sort of half-baked panic nerf 😕

Ima wait for rifle release, then the first patch after rifle release lol...and then we'll see how this will go long term.

Don't mean this in a rude way although it may come across as that, but if you were finding the current version of support mesmer sub-par you may either be running the wrong build, not using the skills properly, or your APM is too low. Played properly it can straight up replace firebrand in a sub group and bring a bit of boon rip, better CC, super speed, and a non-removable aura on top of that.

This doesnt mean I agree with the nerfs because there was several parts as to why this became part of the unbreakable boon blob, the revenant stacking and rune of lhyr played a larger role in my opinion.. but the TL;DR of it is it was significantly stronger than firebrand, but you needed more APM and not be a clicker to do it.

Edited by Strider.7849

35 minutes ago, Strider.7849 said:

Don't mean this in a rude way although it may come across as that, but if you were finding the current version of support mesmer sub-par you may either be running the wrong build, not using the skills properly, or your APM is too low. Played properly it can straight up replace firebrand in a sub group and bring a bit of boon rip, better CC, super speed, and a non-removable aura on top of that.

This doesnt mean I agree with the nerfs because there was several parts as to why this became part of the unbreakable boon blob, the revenant stacking and rune of lhyr played a larger role in my opinion.. but the TL;DR of it is it was significantly stronger than firebrand, but you needed more APM and not be a clicker to do it.

Ima just...not xD