Staff Looks Great, The Rest of Support Warrior... Not So Much (pvp/wvw)

Yerlock.4678

We need more Tactics buffs for sup war to be viable. Tempest support is getting a buff, and core guard is already a total bunker of a sup class that's getting even more love.

We need more Support utility outside of staff.

Buff the banner trait to give more support (regen and initial healing), and give Rez banner pulsing heals as well when going banner trait also.

Give Vigorous Shouts more outgoing healing.

Banners in particular need more support utility. 

This needs to be a support build, not just another brawler like bladesworn with less damage and more heals.

• Marching Orders needs it's CD removed
  • Soldiers Comfort needs healing and protection duration based on Adrenaline used
  • Mending Might needs to heal allies (not other allies, include the caster as well) you grant might too, rather than what it currently does
  • Martial Cadence should give scaling duration/stacks (mode dependent) based on amount of Adrenaline used.

Those changes would be enough. I would like for Phalanx Strength to share more boons at set durations, but we'll see.

• Like 1

As a proud owner of this build I feel I should take a stance here.

In my experience despite all the naysayers and Pikachu faces when I say: "<- warrior support" in my ranked games, warr support is real and strong.
Strong enough to easily pull me into gold and I expect to hit plat soon. Ofc time will tell.
Ofc there are some pain points, from my perspective most notably:

1. Only one charge of "Shake it Off!"
    Because of that trashy passive proc in "Shrug it Off!" we're losing a critical tool in our support arsenal.

2. Poor self stab
    Any stab source other than Banner of Tactics has no place here because it either does not support at all,
    or directly contests an important support/survival choice (Stalwart Strength being blocked by mandatory Cleansing Ire).

3. Very rigid condi cleansing
    It takes everything and a kitchen sink for a warrior support to deal with enemy condi pressure, greatly limiting build options.
    And I don't see staff doing anything about it.
    I feel few screws should be loosened here, like for example Relic of the Trooper cleansing two condies, while Relic of Antitoxin losing it's absurd 10s icd or at least having it lowered to a sane value.

4. Non.."staffed" tactics.
    State of Tactics Grandmaster traits is borked. Staff will fix that but without it it's bad.
    Vigorous Shouts are the only serious aoe healing option we have without the staff.
    So other two grandmasters can't be picked on a support warr, despite being supportive in their nature.

5. Weak banners
    Banner of Tactics is the G.O.A.T. and elite one is pretty solid, but rest is plain bad in spvp.

Banner of Strength does not exist in the same galaxy that FGJ does. The latter is superior on all fronts and has great synergies with Tactics line (Mending Might, Vigorous Shouts, Phalanx Strength).

Banner of Discipline? Fury sharing is roughly all it does.
    That's far to little to get a spot compared to other, far more impactful support utilities.

Banner of Defense is closest to being usable, but it's still too weak.
    Pulsing regeneration is not going to blow anyone away, and for something named banner of Defense it lacks either a good condi cleanse or stab.

6. Discipline issue

For all the goodness Tactics provide, the experience is still rough without this specialization.
    Fast Hands, Doubled Standards, Heightened Focus, Stalwart Focus -> seemingly small things that pile up into a big difference.

Support warrior must go Tactics, and in competitive - Defense. Period.
    So now either you'll have smooth experience with Discipline as third or a very bumpy one with any elite spec instead.
Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076