Rush Fixed? "11 Years in the Making"

gmmg.9210

6 hours ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

It isn't. Literally Elementalist has the exact same animation attached to their Skill 2 on Hammer on Water Attunement and you can move while doing it. It isn't a rigging issue, its a "they are going to try everything else other than that" issue.

That animation doesn't have the final strike animation that100B has and is only 4 strikes. I think that is the sticking point animation wise. They certainly used 100B's animation when creating it though.

There’s a lot of things about rush that we don’t know; how hard is it to fix the tracking? Both from a resource and a conceptual stance. Are those resources worth spending compared to other things that need to be addressed?

I am just glad they are addressing it. Whether it’s much better or not, I do appreciate the effort after 11 years of what has felt like neglect (though I’m aware I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes).

So however it goes, I call this patch a win. Clear signals in a great direction for core war, regardless of immediate impact. It’s more important to see continued, incremental progress in the right direction for nearly-functional weapons like GS. Berserker isn’t my thing, so I can’t speak to those changes.

15 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

There’s a lot of things about rush that we don’t know; how hard is it to fix the tracking? Both from a resource and a conceptual stance. Are those resources worth spending compared to other things that need to be addressed?

They could have replaced the bugged version of Rush with a new version of Rush using Phantom Onslaught as its basis years ago.

From what I remember, Phantom Onslaught is far more reliable.

In my opinion, that should have been the thing to do after making fun of Rush during that livestream.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They could have replaced the bugged version of Rush with a new version of Rush using Phantom Onslaught as its basis years ago.

From what I remember, Phantom Onslaught is far more reliable.

In my opinion, that should have been the thing to do after making fun of Rush during that livestream.

Phantom rush has a teleport at the end, no? Or am I remembering the wrong skill?

Look, I don’t disagree with you there’s countless ways to have fixed it so far, but I’m trying to be more grateful for what I do have instead of what I don’t in my life so I’m just glad they’re addressing fundamental issues that have been neglected.

Also I didn’t give you the confused emoji, so have a heart friend 🙂 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Phantom rush has a teleport at the end, no? Or am I remembering the wrong skill?

Look, I don’t disagree with you there’s countless ways to have fixed it so far, but I’m trying to be more grateful for what I do have instead of what I don’t in my life so I’m just glad they’re addressing fundamental issues that have been neglected.

Also I didn’t give you the confused emoji, so have a heart friend 🙂 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they finally try to address one of our many issues, even if I don't like directional abilities or ground targets.

I just think that it'd have been the most logical step to use Phantom Onslaught's code to fix Rush, after they made fun of it during Phantom Onslaught's reveal.

And even if that means giving Warrior a small teleport, it's not an issue when Thieves can teleport all over the place.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 5:46 PM, rainhelm.3827 said:

You take what you can get. Fingers crossed for some love to hundred blades next.

Yeah for sure. I suspect 100b looks too weird for them to just unroot it like they did with flurry. Tbh I think it needs new animations to be viable without looking weird af. 

In any case it needs love and qol improvements. 
I can’t tell you how many times I see a new player swinging at nothing using 100b, it makes me really sad.