Expanded Achivements? Why???

2 hours ago, bergdis ironmaiden.4859 said:

When you are very close to completing the achievement, and actively working towards it, it isn't a passive thing...... when it is the last achievement you have to complete all of your wvw achievements ........it is kind of kick in the gut to have it jump so far.

What would be a big help, is changing the tower guardians and keep keepers.... I personally figure I get about a 30% rate on kills counting towards tower guardian and keep keeper. Since you nerfed using supply to at least hold the wall and having it count, until others could get there....... (because of handful of EBG people standing in Stonemist abusing it). Fix that, that in itself would be a big help!!! Thanks 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Wensy.1236 said:

I have lots of the achievements. And was hoping to one day complete it whole. But I'm not doing some crazy grind like the new wvw. So yeah I will not do them. With changes like this there is no point in "achieving" achievements. If they just keep increasing it.

Nobody even sees the achievements you earned anyway. The only thing that people see is your Achievement Point count. 

It's just more potential AP to earn. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Surelia.2651 said:

I am beginning to understand why my dad would laugh at my sister whenever she would decry that she was bored.... like what the flip people??  Threads whinging about how there is nothing to do, please add more things to do.  Then threads whinging about WHY did you ADD more things to do??   I give up.  🤦‍♀️😂

Achievs are not content. This is just a new label on existing content. If you were bored with wvw as it is now, a new counter will not change that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I'm also not happy. They threw the stick too far this time, I'm not going to fetch it. Sure, it's not mandatory to complete it, but the "problem" is that it demotivates also with other long achievements that I was going to farm. If you already know that you will leave some long achievement, you are less willing to complete also other long achiev.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Urud.4925 said:

I'm also not happy. They threw the stick too far this time, I'm not going to fetch it. Sure, it's not mandatory to complete it, but the "problem" is that it demotivates also with other long achievements that I was going to farm. If you already know that you will leave some long achievement, you are less willing to complete also other long achiev.

Thats why achievements have steps in them. 

Try to focus on achieving the next step instead of thinking about the end goal. 

Thats better for one's mental health in all things of life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nah, pretending to be blind won't help. If I know that last step requires 550 additional victories (at my rate of 2 matches per day, with a 50% win/lose ratio), per profession, means that I have to play for 13.56 years, knowing that my next step is "only" 7.39 years away won't really change anything. It's actually easier to drop the ball now.

Edited by Urud.4925
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

I do not understand the logic of extending the achievements by a factor of 10. 2.5 million wvw sounds untenable, 1500 pvp win per class also feels very unattainable. Min maxing, this would require 12k pvp wins assuming 50% winrate that mmr enforces , at 4 game a hour with ques,  would 6000 in game hour or 250 days straight of pvp.

This only feel tenable for bots not humans.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

My irritation with this change comes from a different angle, one that @Maryth.9372 has come closest to. With all the broken things in the cornerstone called WvW, Anet chooses to add titles and buff Lords??? I don't recall reading even one post asking for either change. On the other hand, I couldn't count the posts I've seen, or written myself, asking Anet to fix the broken defense mechanics in WvW. I don't understand why the devs bothered with either of these changes. I would very much rather they fix the broken stuff and add meaningful stuff like new maps.

I'm so glad you picked up on that. Repairing a wall is VERY MUCH a defense of an objective and so is doing any damage to any player within the colored area on the map of that objective. While you might not win, you are VERY MUCH defending and that is what any of the defense daily and weekly and star bucks' achievements should reward. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

I do not understand the logic of extending the achievements by a factor of 10. 2.5 million wvw sounds untenable, 1500 pvp win per class also feels very unattainable. Min maxing, this would require 12k pvp wins assuming 50% winrate that mmr enforces , at 4 game a hour with ques,  would 6000 in game hour or 250 days straight of pvp.

This only feel tenable for bots not humans.

Oh god, that's a good point. This encourages bot use even more. I don't see the point of simply increasing the cap on these achievements. Other that to give the illusion that some changes have been made to the mode.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3