New Ranger Pet - Sky-Chak Striker

Remus Darkblight.1673

On 2/23/2024 at 6:47 AM, Strider.7849 said:

I have a feeling they may make it give resolution to allies and apply slow/cripple to enemies. Iboga but power based.

I think I was pretty close on my prediction, had a feeling it would be lackluster. The pet needs to apply slow with the cripple and have that lightning shield that grants resolution, even if only to itself.

I'm a bit disappointed, was hoping for something better like those horse looking enemies.

22 minutes ago, Strider.7849 said:

I think I was pretty close on my prediction, had a feeling it would be lackluster. The pet needs to apply slow with the cripple and have that lightning shield that grants resolution, even if only to itself.

I'm a bit disappointed, was hoping for something better like those horse looking enemies.

Kirin? Or something else?

Kirin might have been nixxed because someone at Arenanet pointed out they were sapient beings rather than animals.

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Kirin? Or something else?

Kirin might have been nixxed because someone at Arenanet pointed out they were sapient beings rather than animals.

Yeah the Kirin. Well that's unfortunate, definitely would make a nice pet to have

From short testing, the new pet seems to be quite good in wvw zerg scenario which is really a surpise - it is like a different team designing the pet as compared to the team designing the  EoD pets or the untamed. Combing with mace/mace and gs, maybe we can get a slb build that's somewhat ok for zerg for the first time, maybe - further testing needed.