What was the ele build that deleted me?

Kuya.6495

Yesterday in ranked I got seemingly "one shot" by a weaver out of nowhere. Checking the log I saw plasma beam or w/e, lightning something and it was like 6 or something hits for 2k-3k each that seemingly occured within 2 seconds. I presume this a FA build?

Anyway I'm not asking for a nerf. I just want the build so I can use it too. Ty in advance!

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stallic.2397 said:

Scepter weaver/fire/air is not that hard to pull off after the buff to cleanses. Add that with marauder or demolisher and you have yourself a "one shot" build

What's the offhand? Dagger?

7 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

What's the offhand? Dagger?

You could do dagger. That's the more fun and fast version. With the changes coming up, scepter/dagger is gonna have more viability cause there's more available prot/stab and interrupts. 

But either offhands are viable. Depends too on how you want to do damage. Either using fresh air (FA) or Lightning rod (LR). 

If you can't interrupt your targets, like infamous guardians, then you want Focus and FA to burn them as fast as possible. If you have squishy, bursty classes. Then you want LR to interrupt, weaken, and burn them. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAsilNw2YKsRmJOyL7vVA-D6gfGRKB6VBY0fDAA

I played this a bit ago and it worked just fine. You can easily switch things around as needed. There's lots of opportunity now that weavers can cleanse on their own

• Thanks 1

Its a pretty gimmicky build, ele virsion of scrapper <stunbreak now or die> then kiting games. Really hoping it doesnt go OP for another round of blanket bomb ele nerfs ;/. Currently it feels right on the line, you can counter it but 1 mistake you die, being the type of duel I don't personally like, as not all specs can return that punishment for the same mistake on the 1 shot builds part.

Edited by Flowki.7194

LoL, he asked for a scepter/dagger  weaver variant. I gave him one. 

I guess you could just answer the question with, go to metabattle/guildjen. But where's the fun in that? 

Plus, that "official" FA build is severely lacking cleanses. And It's the worst rated weaver build on metabattle. The second lowest Ele build for the entire profession. Not really advantageous to recommend

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Stallic.2397 said:

LoL, he asked for a scepter/dagger  weaver variant. I gave him one. 

I guess you could just answer the question with, go to metabattle/guildjen. But where's the fun in that? 

Plus, that "official" FA build is severely lacking cleanses. And It's the worst rated weaver build on metabattle. The second lowest Ele build for the entire profession. Not really advantageous to recommend

I appreciate the suggestion! It would certainly make sense to play a build with more safety nets than go full glass and expect to do well on a build you're not used to playing

• Like 1