Charr Obsidian Legendary Armor: Updated Preview

4 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Yeah it is.  It is 3D modeling.  You are very focused on the distinction between outfits and armor.  Your original argument was based on this idea too on mixing and match.  I never mentioned that once.  My purpose of posting the armor gallery and outfit gallery is that it is possible to create a 3D model for an object that goes over the Charr that doesn't show Charr whiskers.  This is true for both armor skins and outfits.  Maybe it takes more work programming wise to allow mixing and matching for armor skins, but it is possible with their models.    

Maybe it is because what you wrote in your post?

2 hours ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

It is not a free armor it never was.

And yes it covers everything up nicely since its basicly a one piece rubber wetsuit with things stuck outside of it that goes onto your character.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Maybe it is because what you wrote in your post?

It is not a free armor it never was.

And yes it covers everything up nicely since its basicly a one piece rubber wetsuit with things stuck outside of it that goes onto your character.

It is because that is how 3D modeling works.  

It is free armor, here is a quote from the Wiki : "Reward for accounts created before August 29, 2015 as part of the third anniversary of Guild Wars 2.".

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

21 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

It is because that is how 3D modeling works.  

It is free armor, here is a quote from the Wiki : "Reward for accounts created before August 29, 2015 as part of the third anniversary of Guild Wars 2.".

Yes still dont make it armor a quote from the same wiki

Double-click to wear this outfit.
Outfits are full sets of clothing that hide other armor. This will not change individual armor pieces, and you will still receive your current armor stats.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes still dont make it armor a quote from the same wiki

Double-click to wear this outfit.
Outfits are full sets of clothing that hide other armor. This will not change individual armor pieces, and you will still receive your current armor stats.

Ah ok!  I understand the confusion.  Remember I said "armor" not "armor set" or "armor skin".   Referring to the appearance of armor not on the stats or mixing and match.  My focus and the focus of this updated post was on appearance.  Hopefully that clarifies things for you!

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

20 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Ah ok!  I understand the confusion.  Remember I said "armor" not "armor set" or "armor skin".   Referring to the appearance of armor not on the stats or mixing and match.  My focus and the focus of this updated post was on appearance.  Hopefully that clarifies things for you!

Yes then you should have said Outfit since that is what that one is.

Your trying to compare a set of 6 armor pieces with an one whole outfit all in one piece and say they are the same because they look the same when you have it equiped on your character.

Totaly ignoring that if you have your legendary armor equiped than don a outfit it dont show that you have your armor on at all.

So they are not the same and trying to say that they are is bad.

It take Anet 9 months to do armor sets, outfits they curn out by the bucket loads over the year so it clearly is not as hard to make those even if all there is is 3d modeling on both.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Your trying to compare a set of 6 armor pieces with an one whole outfit all in one piece and say they are the same because they look the same when you have it equiped on your character.

Totaly ignoring that if you have your legendary armor equiped than don a outfit it dont show that you have your armor on at all.

It take Anet 9 months to do armor sets, outfits they curn out by the bucket loads over the year so it clearly is not as hard to make those even if all there is is 3d modeling on both.

it's all pixels. let's not act like head piece armor is special for some mystical reason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

No armor is a universally understood word when referring to appearance of an object made of metallic and other materials that gives protection to the body.  The focus of the conversation was on the appearance of the armor, which is what it is, it is armor.  As I have said before, the 3D modeling is the same fundamentally between them.  Outfits or armor skins etc.  Fundamentally it is 3D modeling which they both represent.  Therefore, if they can 3D model armor on characters that doesn't show the Charr whiskers, then they should do so on something called Legendary armor.

Edited by MuscleBobBuffPants.1406
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

No armor is a universally understood word when referring to appearance of an object made of metallic and other materials that gives protection to the body.  The focus of the conversation was on the appearance of the armor, which is what it is, it is armor.  As I have said before, the 3D modeling is the same fundamentally between them.  Outfits or armor skins etc.  Fundamentally it is 3D modeling which they both represent.  Therefore, if they can 3D model armor on characters that doesn't show the Charr whiskers, then they should do so on something called Legendary armor.

i think u can stop detailing the topic now. just private message each other

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

That is not an armor tho its an outfit way easier for them to make since it dont have to mix with any other armor part.

The elements that are an issue here are not the elements that connect armor pieces, so it being outfit or armor is irrelevant. Armor pieces that are well designed to fit charr are exactly as hard to mix with other armor pieces as the ones that do not fit charr model.

So, if we can see on an outfit that it is possible to design some armor elements well, it means they can apply that knowledge to armor sets. Without it impacting the "piece matching".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3