Ready to become even more legendary?

4 hours ago, Loctar.3987 said:

I already have so little expectation that it will be enough for me to armor go somehow normal coloring and not like wvw armor which has even pieces of armor that has a single slot for coloring.

Based on how the Envoy set colors, those expectations of yours aren't so small at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

21 hours ago, pallas.8150 said:

Awesome - while you are there please ask them why they chose to have female light armor essentially be a male's tuxedo.

Come on, dude - it's 2024... Seriously...?

Clearly you've never seen a woman rock a pantsuit - but even if you don't like seeing women in suits, you have hundreds of skimpy, sexy skirts and dresses to choose from already in this game

Don't get me wrong, I like wearing thigh-highs and a skirt as much as the next girl (it's my go-to irl when I hit a club), but sometimes I wanna rock a good suit or nicely cut button-down shirt - variety is the spice of life, after all...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 2/24/2024 at 6:18 PM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

whats means tier 1? some sort of precursor?

On 2/24/2024 at 6:25 PM, WRay.2391 said:

Will this one require stat unlock already or still real legendary?

It will be a legendary, so of course you can stat swap. Tier 2 will be skinned differently (maybe with some additional effects?), that's all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It will be a legendary, so of course you can stat swap. Tier 2 will be skinned differently (maybe with some additional effects?), that's all.

Relic initially also expected to be regular legendary, so worth asking...

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, RDBuck.6098 said:

Question to start the obsidian legendary armor do you have to unlock all the armor from Sota

To finish crafting the Obsidian armor, you must complete the Astral Ward, Rift Hunter's, and Oneiros-Spun armor collections. You can start crafting the Obsidian armor without them. The armor collections are only required for the precursor-like Arcanum component. You can craft the other three components (gold, essence, exploration) without any of the SotO armor unlocked.

21 hours ago, WRay.2391 said:

Relic initially also expected to be regular legendary, so worth asking...

Not really, they said something along the lines of "relic will be able to get new effects with new releases" quite a while ago, which might have not been a 100% clear wording because technically "normal" legendaries also are -automatically- expanding with new stats, but that's pretty much the reason why I suspected we'll need to keep unlocking new relics before they'll be available to pick on the legendary one. Since if it was "working like other legendaries", it wouldn't exactly be worth mentioning as something new or different. Still wasn't completely sure that will be the case, but can't say it was unexpected.

As far as I'm aware nothing similar was mentioned in this case, so I'm saying it will be the same as any other legendary gear.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

nice armors. but how can i obtain the skins of I already have 3 legendary armor sets? I shall grind my lifetime for a second time while I can only equip one set at a time?

need a vendor who sells just legendary armor skins but not at this grind cost. I payed already.

Like if you already own one of the other available legendary armors you have access to this vendor, everyone who got no legendary armor needs to get one first.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

nice armors. but how can i obtain the skins of I already have 3 legendary armor sets? I shall grind my lifetime for a second time while I can only equip one set at a time?

need a vendor who sells just legendary armor skins but not at this grind cost. I payed already.

Like if you already own one of the other available legendary armors you have access to this vendor, everyone who got no legendary armor needs to get one first.

Yes that is what you need to do, what anyone wanting the raid legendary armors had to do even if they had spvp or wvw already.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

Same as if you wanted Exordium but already had Sunrise+Twilight+Eternity.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not really, they said something along the lines of "relic will be able to get new effects with new releases" quite a while ago, which might have not been a 100% clear wording because technically "normal" legendaries also are -automatically- expanding with new stats, but that's pretty much the reason why I suspected we'll need to keep unlocking new relics before they'll be available to pick on the legendary one. Since if it was "working like other legendaries", it wouldn't exactly be worth mentioning as something new or different. Still wasn't completely sure that will be the case, but can't say it was unexpected.

As far as I'm aware nothing similar was mentioned in this case, so I'm saying it will be the same as any other legendary gear.

There were no precedent of legendary with requirement to unlock something, so it was definitely unexpected. If you predicted this you should buy a lottery. From now I personally will be very sceptical towards Anet announcements if it's not 100% clear wording.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

5 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

There were no precedent of legendary with requirement to unlock something, so it was definitely unexpected. If you predicted this you should buy a lottery. From now I personally will be very sceptical towards Anet announcements if it's not 100% clear wording.

How is "precedent" or "lottery" relevant to what I said? I didn't "predict" anything, I just read what we were told.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

How is "precedent" relevant to what I said? I didn't "predict" anything, I just read what we were told.

When wording is ambiguous you look at precedent, if this not clear enough. When someone tells during a winter that day will be worm, by precedent you understand approximate temperature and not wearing shorts when it snows.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

When wording is ambiguous you look at precedent, if this not clear enough. When someone tells during a winter that day will be worm, by precedent you understand approximate temperature and not wearing shorts when it snows.

No, words mean what they do, I told you why I suspected what I did and for some unknown reason you're making it into some lottery winning level luck or w/e. That's nonsense, all you needed was some understanding of what you read. Again, still wasn't sure, but can't say it surprised me at all. Because of what I said and not some mystical powers and luck. 🤷‍♂️ 

Precedents have that fun little thing where at some point they need to actually take place. If you're resigning from understanding the meaning of the words you read "because there was no precedent" then you keep doing that, while I'll keep remaining sceptical and not mortally surprised when something potentially predictable -based on what we've been told- happens.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, words mean what they do, I told you why I suspected what I did and for some unknown reason you're making it into some lottery winning level luck or w/e. That's nonsense, all you needed was some understanding of what you read. Again, still wasn't sure, but can't say it surprised me at all. Because of what I said and not some mystical powers and luck. 🤷‍♂️ 

Precedents have that fun little thing where at some point they need to actually take place. If you're resigning from understanding the meaning of the words you read "because there was no precedent" then you keep doing that, while I'll keep remaining sceptical and not mortally surprised when something potentially predictable -based on what we've been told- happens.

Totally nonsense, sorry. After something happens at some point you can be sceptical about ambiguous statements. If there is a consistent history of similar precedents (Leg gen 1/2/3, Armor, trinkets) you can pretty safely assume continuation. You will be called conspiracy theorist otherwise. To predict unlock mechanics and not be surprised there should be quite clear wording in current situation.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

say u could get that skin from a vendor, what would u do then exactly? go back to logging in for afk octo farm daily? why bother logging in if u dont want to play the game?

Edited by Ascency.3580
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, WRay.2391 said:

If there is a consistent history of similar precedents (Leg gen 1/2/3, Armor, trinkets) you can pretty safely assume continuation

The relic isn't gen2/3 and the mention they made about legendary relic wasn't made about anything esle -at least as far as I'm aware. If you want to apply "whatever suits you" to "whatever else" while ignoring the words they wrote then you can keep assuming and I'll keep not being surprised by what it actually is. Whatever suits you best 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The relic isn't gen2/3 and the mention they made about legendary relic wasn't made about anything esle -at least as far as I'm aware. If you want to apply "whatever suits you" to "whatever else" while ignoring the words they wrote then you can keep assuming and I'll keep not being surprised by what it actually is. Whatever suits you best 🤷‍♂️ 

Precedent is about word "legendary", generations are just example of precedent. Don't twist semantics 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

Precedent is about word "legendary", generations are just example of precedent. Don't twist semantics 

And that example is irrelevant, what's relevant is, again, the words they said and not what you think about it based on whatever strawman you want to invent now. If you want to be precise and avoid "twisting semantics" then be more accurate in your comments in the first place. Glad we had this hugely meaningful discussion.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And that example is irrelevant, what's relevant is, again, the words they said and not what you think about it based on whatever strawman you want to invent now. If you want to be precise and avoid "twisting semantics" then be more accurate in your comments in the first place. Glad we had this hugely meaningful discussion.

Discussion is about expectations from "legendary" relic with ambiguous announcements and what functionality should you reasonably expect based on precedent, as they didn't clarify about unlock mechanics in the beginning. You are just trying to pick separate words from statements.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, WRay.2391 said:

Discussion is about expectations from "legendary" relic with ambiguous announcements and what functionality should you reasonably expect based on precedent, as they didn't clarify about unlock mechanics in the beginning. You are just trying to pick separate words from statements.

The point was that what was written about legendary relic was not written about the upcoming legendary armor. I told you why I wasn't surprised by it and you tried to twist it into some lottery winning level luck or magical prediction. Now you're talking about twisting semantics as if you didn't default into it right at the first response. What can I say, some people pay attention what they read, meanwhile you can keep doing what you're doing. Not sure what outcome you're looking for here, so you're welcome to let me know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The point was that what was written about legendary relic was not written about the upcoming legendary armor. I told you why I wasn't surprised by it and you tried to twist it into some lottery winning level luck or magical prediction. Now you're talking about twisting semantics as if you didn't default into it right at the first response. What can I say, some people pay attention what they read, meanwhile you can keep doing what you're doing. Not sure what outcome you're looking for here, so you're welcome to let me know.

The point is there were nothing clear written about the relic. They wrote one thing, proposing you to grind for 7 runes for progress, then only one rune enough, but legendary relic is not that legendary anymore. This precedent allows to inquire about legendary status of armor as well in case they changed they mind. So worth asking ... Although it was a sarcasm.

• Confused 1