Ready to become even more legendary?

35 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

whats means tier 1? some sort of precursor?

No, remember Aurene legendaries? Welcome to the armor version of those. T1 will be legendary, T2 will be a different look on said armor.

In case you don't know about the Aurene weapons, they each had a dragon variant along with them as a recolour, with extra details on them.

Edited by Sploogesque.2801
More info

• ArenaNet Staff
14 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

To the title: yeah I am!

Unrelated: I love the music this expansion and one of my favourite pieces was used here. 😄 

Well, you just have a few more days to wait! 😄 
And that's great to hear about the music--I'll pass that on!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Well, you just have a few more days to wait! 😄 
And that's great to hear about the music--I'll pass that on!

Awesome - while you are there please ask them why they chose to have female light armor essentially be a male's tuxedo.

Edited by pallas.8150
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

42 minutes ago, pallas.8150 said:

Awesome - while you are there please ask them why they chose to have female light armor essentially be a male's tuxedo.

14 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

Ladies can look absolutely dashing in a tux. <_<

^ bi-girl panic go brrrrrrrr when a lady wears a well-fitted mens' suit. 😍

Plus, heck yes, PANTS. More pants for my light armor characters!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Hey there @Rubi Bayer.8493!

I rarely post on the forums, but this matter has made me come back. Why?

The new medium T1 Obsidian Armor. It is supposed to be a skin of legendary quality. I won't comment on its general look, as that is entirely subjective. But one thing needs to be desperately adressed: the very awful clipping of Asura ears. Please create cutouts and maybe cloth flaps that accomodate the ears. Or tuck them in if the former isn't possible. But do not keep them clipping through the headpiece like that! Screenshot from the recent preview

Your artists / designers have done a wonderful job considering the existence of ears for Asura before. You've done so for the medium racial armor. You've done so for the Royal Guard outfit. You've done so for the Arcane Outfit. Various stand alone headpieces on the gemstore either have cutouts or customized animations for Asura ears specifically. Just to name a few examples off the top of my head. Why not here? I sincerely hope this is an oversight that will get fixed and the promotional material is just outdated. That is the case, right? ... right?

I am sorry for bothering you directly, Rubi, but i feel like pinging someone of importance is necessary to get this seen. Please forward this to the team, will you? Big thanks in advance!

Likewise the same needs to be considered for any and all Charr appendages on the heavy set as well. I am Asura main, but i want the same love to happen for our Charr players.

• Like 10
  • Confused 2

Yay!  

2 hours ago, pallas.8150 said:

So they don't go to battle in glorified undies?  Everyone looks good in a tux.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, pallas.8150 said:

When you have the same art team the censored watchwork models and you wonder why the armor looks like it does. 

At this point you should be happy the armor doesnt turn your character into a bowl of fruit.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

45 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Yay!  

So they don't go to battle in glorified undies?  Everyone looks good in a tux.  

...I also like glorified undies too. I just need equal opportunity glorified undies, or equal opportunity tux. 😄

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Fully support this as charr main. Medium helmet hides our horns entirely, we don't get even the clipping version. 

It's a legendary, we should get a most polished set possible, with holes for horns and ears.

Fun fact medium raid armor is the only one of those that hide the horns aswell.

• Thanks 1

I'm hoping dyes will affect things.  In the motion shots I could see some pretty nice leather texture on the medium.  The overall look of the sets, especially Medium and Heavy, are a bit too WoW for me (big blocky fields with large trim edges); I was hoping for something a bit closer to the concept armor.  Hopefully the t2 versions will have a bit more texture detail.  We've gotten armor with lots of detail before, outfits likewise, so perhaps the upgrade will fancy things up a little.  I don't need massive glows or spinny orbs, just engraving and embroidery 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1