15. [Forced Hand] Story Instance impossible.

After fighting the Kryptis ontop after talking to the Queen, you have to talk to Paitha.

But she fights and stands far inside the Red Area. WAY up the eastern Steps. You cant get to her.

Also, the mobs she fights and you have to kill cant be killed without a ranged weapon as all of this happens outside the area you are allowed in.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PepeLePewPew.2107 said:

The entire instance is poorly mapped.  Even before that last battle, the pathway leads you into the red zone.  Then, as stated above, during the final battle you have to wait for mobs to approach you as you cannot join the group.  The main fight is in a red zone.

Had other players also tell me they don't understand why the walkable area at the end is so tiny. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Grunim.9034 said:

Had this exact same issue yesterday and I left the instance.  I wondered if an enemy mob pushed Peitha out of bounds.  I'm going to try it again and see if she stays in bounds this time.

If you have pulls, like Spectral Grasp, you can pull the enemies down the Stairs. So Paitha doesnt run up.

Worked for other players i know.

• Like 2

step8 : "Defeat the attacking royal guard", enemies keep green attack flag ,they're stationary, and I can't attack them

I repeated the story five times, this same thing happens every time.

I need help. I can't finish the story chapter, thanks.

• Like 1

Peitha is standing outside of the mission area. It says I have to talk to her at the end of the mission,  after the last fight, but I cannot reach her to do so as I always end up being ported back down the stairs.

Why did you place such tight boundaries there? 🤔

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Yeah the boundary on that mission is stupid, half the fights of the NPCs, for me, were on top of the stairs, even outside of visual range for skills, where you just wait for the NPCs to finally finish the mobs....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Berobad.4536 said:

Yeah the boundary on that mission is stupid, half the fights of the NPCs, for me, were on top of the stairs

Fortunately, I was on Dragonhunter and could pull them down to me to make it in under 1 minute for the achievement. To get to Peitha afterwards, I had to spam the interact key while repeatedly running towards the boundary until it finaly registered, so I didn't have to start over.

The next mission was just as bad. I couldn't destroy one of the turrets, because it was right next to the boundary and I was dismounted before I could dash through it on my Skyscale to make it vulnerable.

These tight mission area boundaries have to go.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

This might actually be patched (but is still annoying) during the last part Peitha was also fighting (some) kryptis in the red zone but after finishing the fight Peitha did walk down to talk together with the general. But than again I was able to keep most mobs out of that red zone up the stairs and the rest I could just kill by sending in my mech to pick of the Kryptis one by one. It is ridiculous that the area is not more open though at least the area up the stairs should be open to fight is well (the palace of the general or whatever) for people without pets or ranged skills. 

10 hours ago, Ashnod.4365 said:

This might actually be patched (but is still annoying) during the last part Peitha was also fighting (some) kryptis in the red zone but after finishing the fight Peitha did walk down to talk together with the general. But than again I was able to keep most mobs out of that red zone up the stairs and the rest I could just kill by sending in my mech to pick of the Kryptis one by one. It is ridiculous that the area is not more open though at least the area up the stairs should be open to fight is well (the palace of the general or whatever) for people without pets or ranged skills. 

It's not been patched. I just now had it happen and had to restart the entire mission. I have previously successfully completed it on several characters so it's definitely not a hard bug.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Any insights into this, Rubi?