So so sad about the new pistol

Fruit.7624

The ele pistol is by far the most garbage weapon they have released so far. 

They took 0 of the feedback given during the beta.

It is simply a 10 times worse version of the scepter.

Overcomplicated bullet mechanic, low amount of combo finishers, absolutely putrid damage in WvW ( both power and condi ) , completely and absolutely countered by reflects and projectile destruction effects ( other ranged classes have similar issues but atleast they can swap to a 2nd weapon ). 

The fact that the scepter allows you to kite much more effectively by being able to cast spells behind your back, while for absolutely every pistol spell you need to be facing your opponent. 

Also for some reason they decided to do a *condi* weapon...ALL ele weapons are hybrid dmg , they always have been, they can be used for power and condi builds...not anymore! You will do kitten all power dmg on the pistol and be happy with it.

The pistol should've been an offhand weapon.

Ele offhand needs variety.

Ele needs an offensive 900-1200 offhand weapon.

Or a 1200 range two hander would've been cool...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

On 2/28/2024 at 3:34 AM, Fruit.7624 said:

The fact that the scepter allows you to kite much more effectively by being able to cast spells behind your back, while for absolutely every pistol spell you need to be facing your opponent. 

You must not have tested very thoroughly, then. In the core skills, only your 2 and 3 in Water Attunement require facing, and dual skills in Weaver also require as much. Every other skill apart from your autos can fire at targets behind you. I've been roaming with a particularly gruesome cele build and have been having great success with kiting, possibly more than I would have with scepter considering the condi pressure.

I will admit that pistol is not what I wanted. I've been praying for Longbow for years now, if only to use some of my favorite skins in the game that I will never hold in my main's hand. Pistol has great efficacy if you're willing to put up with it, but it isn't exactly thrilling to use in any case, apart from maybe the one molecule of serotonin that gets launched into my brain when water 3 works as a real road skill. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mimiga.9815 said:

You must not have tested very thoroughly, then. In the core skills, only your 2 and 3 in Water Attunement require facing, and dual skills in Weaver also require as much. Every other skill apart from your autos can fire at targets behind you. I've been roaming with a particularly gruesome cele build and have been having great success with kiting, possibly more than I would have with scepter considering the condi pressure.

I will admit that pistol is not what I wanted. I've been praying for Longbow for years now, if only to use some of my favorite skins in the game that I will never hold in my main's hand. Pistol has great efficacy if you're willing to put up with it, but it isn't exactly thrilling to use in any case, apart from maybe the one molecule of serotonin that gets launched into my brain when water 3 works as a real road skill. 

There is a HUGE difference between being having to Shoot > About Face > Run, and just straight up not even have to face your target. That is what i meant by my comment

I have found something I like about the weapon. I can activate the bullets everywhere and they actually look nice and suit my fashion, water and airballs are perfectly placed. I like bullets now, thank you for the fashion, Anet! For when I actually play the game Scepter will do, thank the gods we have an alternative weapon thats just the same but better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1