Anet, lets have a talk about Strike CMs

2 hours ago, Noidea Incognito.9607 said:

Again; everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but ill stick ofcourse to my own.

You aren't entitled to an opinion when you are objectively wrong. I mean you are welcome to think the sun rises from the west, doesn't make it true though.

1. The post was specific related to the Thread(Strike CM) idk why some add other stuff in or only cherrypick some stuff from the post.

Yes, and you decided to bring Astral Acclaim into it.

2. You can NEVER have too much Astral Points. In fact people run out fast of it most of the time.

Factually incorrect, you can grab literally every limited reward from Astral Acclaim and have points to spare without ever having to do all of the special tasks on it. If your idea of you can NEVER have enough is spamming the coin bags, then you'll be glad to know you can farm more gold than you'd get from the CM by farming in game instead of crying about the wizard's vault on the forums. 

3. There are videogamers that play game(modes) for the Rush/Adrenaline and love that all time high. hence a junkie. Obviously not the themeparkers/stunt types.

Junkie implies addiction, which is funny because you appear very much addicted to Astral Acclaim, so much so that the premise of people having access to more for doing content you aren't willing to engage upsets you.

4.When i said "special"/"Entitled Prestige" thats the players who get upset when someone else has the same stuff ez simply through a buyer or boost. 

And yet here you are, upset by the fact that people who are willing to do CMs can have more Astral Acclaim than you, hmm.

5.There are casual players and there are "casual players". The casual players that can clear CM's arent your regular casual.  And their also not the majority of players either.

I've said this before, but, I can literally have any manner of casual player do a significant majority of CMs in this game so long as they are willing to learn. People claim they are incapable of doing certain things because that's an easy way out for them. We have characters literally hitting 30k with 0 input in this game, healers that heal 3k per second with 2 buttons, provide all essential boons with 4-6. Noone is too bad to be able to do things like CO CM. I did multiple training runs of similar content with very casual people, what set them apart wasn't some gap in skill level, but the desire to actually put the required effort in, which is minimal btw.

When i opted for the Astral goals to Equalize for everyone i meant everyone... wich means goals at the skill level of Casual players. consider it easy pickins for the Hardcore players aswell.

Give everyone full rewards regardless of whether they login at all then, since that's what you'll have to do to create "equal outcomes" for everyone. Which is essentially even worse than what the previous daily login rewards were and people made thousands of gold passively from having login macros with multiple accounts, sounds really healthy for the game, let's go back to that! /s

(someone mentioned the bad example of the new legendary armor...  you need todo raids or a cm for that? hm.... no? this was a thread about Strike CM's.... right?)

Feel free to quote me instead of going "someone" when you are clearly responding to me, don't worry, I don't bite.

The common goal should be for everyone to maximize their Astral Point gains. So yes; no raid /cm strikes in Special tab, replace with something else wich is reasonable for majority.

No, the common goal is for people to play the game instead of asking for hand outs or being jealous that others can do CM content.

Dont call me selfish... Please Sir! it pains my tender soul o7

Not the adjective I'd use for you.

What can i say... i want EVERYONE to benefit.

Nope, you just want noone to have more than you.

Man, all the pretend niceness and acting like you are avoiding confrontation by not directly addressing me makes me cringe hard. This reminds me of twitter fights the girls in my class in university used to have, no substance, just taking jabs at one another without ever directly saying who the jabs were meant for.

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1. The post was specific related to the Thread(Strike CM) idk why some add other stuff in or only cherrypick some stuff from the post.

Err because you brought these stuff into the thread yourself and we're responding?

• Like 4

Ok I shall respond 1 more time. 

Remember the 1st post. it was bound to be unfavorable; but i didnt think it would stir so much up.

Dibit, it seemed just the right thread to bring it up. But Passerbye was picking bits and pieces from my post applying semantics and

bringing my message out of context to reinforce his own Opinion to nullify mine... and that too... is my Opinion.

Anyway; on to the Meat of the rack.

Hello Passerbye, ive read your stuff... it was an.. interesting perspective. People loved it. Atleast ya entertained a few peeps. 

But sorry to say, its not mine perspective; all ive witnessed was someone using sneer tactics simply because having difficulty coping with an Opinion that didnt Allign with his Own. 

Well; everyone has their own idea's, own Opinions... wich is fine... but nope. You just had to make a point of how wrong my Opinion is... in great Volatile fashion. 

Uh ok... i hope it gave you what you wanted.

You don't bite? idk about that, so far you have been pretty snappy.

But really... was my Opinion that scary for ya? Do you really think Anet would consider it even? You either give me too much credit or yer faith in Anet is poor. Wich is it?

Relax; no need to use words like "jabs" and "Confrontation"; or are we having a fight? i thought this was a conversation. A Confrontation also implies an Emotional state of turmoil.

Passerbye... you arent emotional about this... right? Oh dear let me get you a warm blanket and some hot choco.

Also... its not about whats right and wrong... Who decided that? You? All yer fans? If someone makes a choice and ya say Thats the wrong choice and it ends up being the good choice are ya gonna  admit yer wrong? well? no! cause you got your own Opinion. Whether thats Right or Wrong doesnt matter.. its still their own choice. 

I shall respect your opinion; but i will still disagree with it.

You shall still disagree with my opinion, but you shall also respect it.

Cause if you dont then your pretty much against the Freedom of Speech.... I really hope you know what Freedom of Speech is.

If you dont respect someone's else Opinion; wich is a keystone of freedom of speech... well thats fine too.

Btw. That last Daily System was Great! Why ya think its gone? Cause is was too good.

Do an official Poll and i think we all know what the outcome would be for the Majority of players.

Anyways; hoped my Original post didnt rile ya peeps up to much; i still think its a good idea.

at the end of the day its just exchange of information.

o7

• Confused 3

39 minutes ago, Noidea Incognito.9607 said:

Dibit, it seemed just the right thread to bring it up. But Passerbye was picking bits and pieces from my post applying semantics and

bringing my message out of context to reinforce his own Opinion to nullify mine... and that too... is my Opinion.

I directly quoted everything I responded to, don't argue semantics with me love, I studied linguistics.

Hello Passerbye, ive read your stuff... it was an.. interesting perspective. People loved it. Atleast ya entertained a few peeps. 

Being right has that effect.

Well; everyone has their own idea's, own Opinions... wich is fine... but nope. You just had to make a point of how wrong my Opinion is... in great Volatile fashion. 

But really... was my Opinion that scary for ya? Do you really think Anet would consider it even? You either give me too much credit or yer faith in Anet is poor. Wich is it?

Relax; no need to use words like "jabs" and "Confrontation"; or are we having a fight? i thought this was a conversation. A Confrontation also implies an Emotional state of turmoil.

Imagine going on the forums, and then being surprised that your ideas are challenged, especially when they are objectively wrong, *shocked pikachu*. Btw a confrontation doesn't inherently involve an emotional state of turmoil, the word you're looking for might be menstruation, that does tend to create a good deal of emotional turmoil.

In what world are those fighting words? "I thought this was a conversation" proceeds to respond to none of the points I made, tries to portray himself the grown up in the room while suggesting that my responses backed up by facts were infantile. You are indeed a very special person mate.

Passerbye... you arent emotional about this... right? Oh dear let me get you a warm blanket and some hot choco.

Be a dear and grab some marshmallows as well will you? Does anyone else want some, we could get a campfire going as well.

Also... its not about whats right and wrong... Who decided that? You? All yer fans? If someone makes a choice and ya say Thats the wrong choice and it ends up being the good choice are ya gonna  admit yer wrong? well? no! cause you got your own Opinion. Whether thats Right or Wrong doesnt matter.. its still their own choice. 

This will be a foreign concept to you but I have no problem admitting it when I'm wrong, I've done it even on these very forums before. Your issue here is that you think it is categorically impossible to be wrong if you package your ideas as opinions. Saying you can never have enough Astral Acclaim, like many other things you said, is factually incorrect, no matter how you present it, covering stool in glitter won't make it a unicorn.

Nope, you need to earn respect, it is not something you equally distribute to everyone. I'll respect someone who has a better understanding of this game and its inner workings a lot more than you for instance. 

Cause if you dont then your pretty much against the Freedom of Speech.... I really hope you know what Freedom of Speech is.

Nope, freedom of speech is you being able to spout ignorant things, and it is also me being able to point out the very fact that they are ignorant. It doesn't mean that everything anyone says is somehow valuable or respectworthy. The belief that it is is how we have flat earthers in the first place.

Nice attempt at sidetracking the conversation btw, feel free to retort with actual points to your messages next time. I have proven why your "opinions" are wrong, defend them instead of trying to veil them saying they are just opinions, that they deserve respect, or implying that I'm against freedom of speech.
I won't hold my breath on that though, I fully expect yet another response devoid of substance, with playground level jabs at me so as not to get moderated, sprinkled with buzzwords to claim moral high ground.

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Noidea Incognito.9607 said:

Ok I shall respond 1 more time. 

Remember the 1st post. it was bound to be unfavorable; but i didnt think it would stir so much up.

Anyway; on to the Meat of the rack.

But sorry to say, its not mine perspective; all ive witnessed was someone using sneer tactics simply because having difficulty coping with an Opinion that didnt Allign with his Own. 

I shall respect your opinion; but i will still disagree with it.

If you dont respect someone's else Opinion; wich is a keystone of freedom of speech... well thats fine too.

Btw. That last Daily System was Great! Why ya think its gone? Cause is was too good.

Do an official Poll and i think we all know what the outcome would be for the Majority of players.

Anyways; hoped my Original post didnt rile ya peeps up to much; i still think its a good idea.

at the end of the day its just exchange of information.

o7

Lol dude you confusing as hell. 

You call Passerbye out for making jabs then proceed to make jabs thinking you still maintain the high road.

Demand he respect your opinion when you have no power to enforce this. Edit: he is also not obligated to.

Use Freedom of speech to try to avoid people from pointing out your flaws in your "opinion" and then suggest that if he doesn't follow what you want he therefore lacks understanding of what Freedom of speech is.

Freedom of Speech does not mean others can not oppose you. Also it does not stop you from receiving repercussions and consequences, that's why there's laws against hate speech.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typos, added more
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Noidea Incognito.9607 said:

The common goal should be for everyone to maximize their Astral Point gains. So yes; no raid /cm strikes in Special tab, replace with something else wich is reasonable for majority.

Why?

I get what you are trying to get at, but has your position considered that Astral Acclaim is essentially only additional gold? Every single cycle, there has been at least twice the amount of Astral Acclaim available compared to what rewards there were. This has always lead to players converting AA into gold towards the middle or end of a cycle.

500 Astral Acclaim are essentially 14.3 gold (500/35= 14.28). This is true for every single player which acquires at least half the AA available to them (which just doing weeklies will do). Players which do not acquire as much AA have far bigger other losses they could worry about, starting with not having the time to finish their weeklies etc.

The special rewards tab does not reward achievement points or anything else.

That's before even mentioning the HEAVY PvE bias those rewards have.

What can i say... i want EVERYONE to benefit.

That's not actually true. You are quite biased in which rewards you deem worthy of being added to the Astral Vault, which is fine tbh, everyone gets to have their opinion.

If you were actually in favor of everyone benefiting, you'd be far more concerned about other game modes and reducing the PvE reward bias.

As is, the special tab functions as a way to encourage players try specific content.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2