Research Notes aren't to my liking

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Notice, that it's cheap only if you ignore opportunity costs of spirit shards. If you don't, you suddenly realize that at times it's even cheaper to vendor the ascended and get research notes from the cheapest [fast] option.

This comment was about the fact you have to recraft stuff (armor, weapon, etc) when a balance patch hit, not about research note.

So it was more like "you don't have to recraft, you can simply stat change your equipment"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

This comment was about the fact you have to recraft stuff (armor, weapon, etc) when a balance patch hit, not about research note.

So it was more like "you don't have to recraft, you can simply stat change your equipment"

Okay, fair enough. Although it's not so cheap then, because the useful insignias/inscriptions can cost a bit. At some point regearing a Chronotank after a balance patch (when they kept changing Chrono every month or so) could cost upwards of 300 gold - and the gear wasn't actually differing all that much. Do it few times in a row and suddenly legendaries start being a serious option.

• Confused 6

5 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Unless one doesn't do raids or fractals.  /shrug

Not all rangers.  As a ranger main, I hate this weapon set.  /shrug again

I'm not meaning personal love/hate. I'm meaning effectiveness/strength ("suckage") for the new weapon sets. Ranger is eating good with mace(s) when it comes to damage/utility. (That said, WHERE'S MY RIFLE/PISTOL?? I don't have good bonk weapon skins!)

👀we could always be engi shortbow.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Also still locks you into a single build.  Your not going to do this to keep switching between your favorite raid build and your favorite open world build and your favorite pvp build and your favorite wvw build.

If only you could have more than 1 gear set and maybe even use them in different gear/build tabs to swap between the modes... Btw, feels like the honesty of your argumentation attempt shows when you list switching gear for a pvp build. Not even just that, but if you're playing ow, raids, pvp and wvw, you're not limited to getting legendaries from ow while none of the other ones require research notes. 🤔 

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Notice, that it's cheap only if you ignore opportunity costs of spirit shards. If you don't, you suddenly realize that at times it's even cheaper to vendor the ascended and get research notes from the cheapest [fast] option.

Read the rest of the comment chain and notice this is not what it was about.
Also bringing up "opportunity costs of spirit shards" in a discussion where the same people complain about acquiring research notes acquisition (or even getting legendaries in general) completely misses the mark.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I've never considered going to the same place over and over and over again to be exploring. If that is exploring the I explore my bathroom every day.

Trying to apply direct rl logic to ingame terminology is always such a funny attempt at argumentation. You get rewarded for map completion, which directly involves map exploration. You can be sarcastic all you want, but the ingame terms still mean what they do. And again -because I already mentioned that in this thread- if you're so pre-occupied by roleplaying "actual exploration" then you're free to keep buying character slots or deleting/remaking your characters so each of them has that "brand new exploration experience". The rest of the players can use lanterns as a way of exploring/completing map without the need to remake the character xx times, because that's basically why lanterns are even a thing.

Perhaps thinking of my job as less a matter of, well, doing a job and instead as an adventure exploring my office...repeatedly....might add some spice. /s

Good news! If your dislike towards map exploiration/completion naming is such a dealbreaker for you then simply don't do it and you'll be able to easly play the game without those additional rewards. If you're able to live your life without a job/income then I'm sure nobody will care whether you show up or not. Otherwise, you're absolutely free to call it however you want if it's supposed to somehow help you. Once again: doubt it makes any difference for anyone else. Not even /s btw.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1