Next weapon for Revenant

Tobias.4975

10 hours ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

EDIT: Also that rotation will only work for the first swap. Once you swap weapons your abyssal stacks will time out and you'll have to build them back up to 5 stacks again when you get back to spear. HOWEVER, because the ammo recharge of Raze is 15s (11.25 alacrity) you wont even have a single charge to use when you swap back and cant even use the same rotation and probably wont even be able to hit 5 stacks again in a 10s window.

That's something I was thinking as well. Feels a bit like the weapon was designed with camping it in mind... spear as is would probably have worked well when they were going to make Revenant a no-weaponswap profession, but that was discarded pre-release when it was pointed out how bad revenant's core weapons were for a no-weaponswap profession. If they did make the stacks last long enough, you might be able to get away with quickly recharging Abyssal Raze by cycling through 2-4 when you swap back, but it didn't look like they were lasting that long.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

That's something I was thinking as well. Feels a bit like the weapon was designed with camping it in mind... spear as is would probably have worked well when they were going to make Revenant a no-weaponswap profession, but that was discarded pre-release when it was pointed out how bad revenant's core weapons were for a no-weaponswap profession. If they did make the stacks last long enough, you might be able to get away with quickly recharging Abyssal Raze by cycling through 2-4 when you swap back, but it didn't look like they were lasting that long.

Yeah. It was only an 8s buff. So it’ll fall off near the end of your other weapon swap. Hopefully I’m missing something that makes it cycle nicely and have a smooth rotation, but at first glance it looks pretty rough. Hopefully this time around they’ll actually listen to our feedback in the beta, because so far there’s quite a few things to tweak. Most of which can be solved with changes to weapon range, cooldown, cast time, animation speeds, and buff durations.

Only thing that might require more work is adding in a second or third condi with the weapons theme. I literally snorted when this “condi” weapon had a single damaging condi on it, and not even in impressive quantities.

Edited by UncreativeGreen.2019
Typo and clarification
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

Yeah. It was only an 8s buff. So it’ll fall off near the end of your other weapon swap. Hopefully I’m missing something that makes it cycle nicely and have a smooth rotation, but at first glance it looks pretty rough. Hopefully this time around they’ll actually listen to our feedback in the beta, because so far there’s quite a few things to tweak. Most of which can’t be solved with weapon range, cooldown, cast time, animation speeds, and buff durations.

Only thing that might require more work is adding in a second or third condi with the weapons theme. I literally snorted when this “condi” weapon had a single damaging condi on it, and not even in impressive quantities.

Yes, there are many things to do to make it a great weapon. But you write the things where they can start. ("weapon range, cooldown, cast time, animation speeds, and buff durations.")

But it will be the same as with the scepter. We write our souls into the abyss and nothing happens. In addition they will nerf shortbow or mace / axe so we need to play with it, no matter how clunky it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Tobias.4975 said:

. In addition they will nerf shortbow or mace / axe so we need to play with it, no matter how clunky it is.

Yes, they will nerf previous weapons to "make the new crap interesting". But NO, we won't use the new crap. As example: from the 9 new weapons provided from SotO, I barely see 3 of them in PvP/WvW roaming.

• Like 3