PSA: Big turtle can obscure vision for others

Turtles.

Do we need them? Are they manace?

They take half the screen and during meta events they are everywhere.

They make harder to collect loot or even spot the tiny chest, or revive others.

The dps is limited.

If you want to be useful then support heal build would actually contribute something valuable.

You can play with your turtle in home instance, or world completicion, or within guilde.

Or when moving from one place to place. Just not during actual combat.

And if you have to turtle in figt, maybe not stand in the midle of whole group.

Thank your for your attencion. And have a nice day.

Edited by evilcat.6817
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 17

Or we could educate players about courtesy.

Mount etiquette.

Remember, shunning is a part of etiquette.  If a person persists in rude behavior, after being asked to stop, we collectively avoid and ignore that player.

I understand the position. You have no control over how players play with their mounts, so you blame the mounts for the bad behavior.  Since you can't get the problem players removed from the game, you make an appeal to have the siege turtles removed instead.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

It was more rhetoric figure thanliterally  game change request.

But there is a problem with world boss or meta events and very big tutrles on top of boss and everyone else. Add some workstations on top of everything for good mix (directly on boss)

Mounts outside direct fight are not problem. And even using turtle from distance no probalem as it does not interfere in pointing if it is not clunk up with everyone else.

So it is more like PSA Big turtles make it harder to click for everyone else if you put it on everything else.

Edited by evilcat.6817
  • Confused 11

Hum... are we playing the same game?

First, I almost never see a single turle in a meta unless it's needed or grant some benefit like siege damage for drizzlewood door.

Second, the turtle is the most transparent mount of the game, I never saw a case where it visually block something.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

• evilcat.6817 changed the title to PSA: Big turtle can obscure vision for others

Turtles are transparent in fights and don't obscure vision...unlike the players and their disco ball attire, spells, and infusions.  Btw if you're at the Gyala Delves meta, you may indeed see many turtles.   ❤️ 🐢

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/15/2024 at 5:59 AM, Zebulous.2934 said:

Or we could educate players about courtesy.

Mount etiquette.

Remember, shunning is a part of etiquette.  If a person persists in rude behavior, after being asked to stop, we collectively avoid and ignore that player.

I understand the position. You have no control over how players play with their mounts, so you blame the mounts for the bad behavior.  Since you can't get the problem players removed from the game, you make an appeal to have the siege turtles removed instead.

there is no mount etiquette. None of what you said actually exists. These are only your ideals and as a veteran player I couldn't care less. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/15/2024 at 11:30 AM, evilcat.6817 said:

And if you have to turtle in figt, maybe not stand in the midle of whole group.

They usually have to, because Slam is bugged so that it won't hit an enemy within range if there are too many players around them unless you're literally standing on top of them, plus the jets only burn in around 230 radius.

I am curious to know what boss you need to "click", though, because I always use nearest/next enemy keybinds and/or click on the health bar in the event panel, I don't think I've physically clicked a boss's model for years. Chests etc I get, but I guarantee that if someone is just standing over a chest on their turtle, they are intentionally trolling, not just playing on their mount.

The dps is limited.

If you want to be useful then support heal build would actually contribute something valuable.

I think this is where etiquette vs peoples' ability to play the way they want to comes in. I'll hold my hands up and admit I enjoy using my turtle for combat a lot, but I try and use judgement as to whether that's likely to be detrimental to other players or not. In probably about 90% of open world PvE, the slight DPS loss isn't going to affect the success of the event at all. Even events on a timer, it's usually a very generous one and never gets close to failure. And if it looks like the group DPS is low enough that it might have a chance to fail? I'll get off to fight. There are also definitely fights where rather than being a drain on the group, a turtle can come in clutch through its pure survivability; if everyone keeps wiping, a single turtle doing steady DPS and not dying can keep the boss in combat where it would otherwise regenerate health before people could waypoint back.

You can play with your turtle in home instance

Really? Go ahead and try mounting up in your home instance. I'll wait 😂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GBEW.5947 said:

there is no mount etiquette. None of what you said actually exists. These are only your ideals and as a veteran player I couldn't care less. 

It was the suggestion, of a concept.  The idea of using a mount responsibly.  I am aware that there are no rules or skills called mount etiquette in the game.  Player behavior can absolutely influence others.  I would be foolish to claim that social constructs affect everyone, but they do influence the majority of people.  If group influence wasn't effective then social sciences would not be a thing.  

"Grind the universe down to the finest powder and sift it through the finest sieve.  Then show me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy. And yet you act as if there is some ideal order in the world, as if there is some rightness in the universe by which it may be judged."  -Death

• Confused 2