Forced Character Level Boost?

I just purchased the last few expansions with the knowledge of having a character boost. I didn't plan to use this. But when I booted up the game to see my character from launch, which I knew was a lower level is suddenly level 50 wearing completely different armour.

I didn't want to use the boost and wanted to continue experiencing the game from where I left off. Is there anything that can be done?
My Character from Launch

Edited by Shonen.6304
Added Image

Just now, Xelqypla.6817 said:

That's an outfit, not armor.

Account might be compromised.

My account was previously blocked cause of failed log in attempts long ago. I emailed them and they unlocked my account. kitten, well, I guess starting over isn't so bad since I didn't progress that far. Thanks

• Confused 1

1) The boosts included with the expansions level you up to 80, so that's not the case here.

2) If/when you log in, were there a bunch of level up rewards waiting to be claimed?

3) If you go to the Hero Panel and click Outfits, you can see what your actual armor looks like and see if it matches what you remember.

Is it possible you misremember what level you were at? There are some scrolls you can get that boost your toon to level 20/30/40/50 so perhaps you used one of those. Either way, your level won't affect your story progression or anything.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

1) The boosts included with the expansions level you up to 80, so that's not the case here.

2) If/when you log in, were there a bunch of level up rewards waiting to be claimed?

3) If you go to the Hero Panel and click Outfits, you can see what your actual armor looks like and see if it matches what you remember.

Is it possible you misremember what level you were at? There are some scrolls you can get that boost your toon to level 20/30/40/50 so perhaps you used one of those. Either way, your level won't affect your story progression or anything.

I logged into the character and see the level 80 boost message
No level up rewards are present.
I checked the hero panel and see the armour from how I remember it, low level gear.
I am sure I never used a scroll before and I don't remember ever using a Melundra form since that doesn't seem what my PC would do, but the area where my PC is does seem how I remember leaving him. How things are now
And you're right, I'll see where to go from here. Thanks for your input.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Shonen.6304 said:

I logged into the character and see the level 80 boost message
No level up rewards are present.
I checked the hero panel and see the armour from how I remember it, low level gear.
I am sure I never used a scroll before and I don't remember ever using a Melundra form since that doesn't seem what my PC would do, but the area where my PC is does seem how I remember leaving him. How things are now
And you're right, I'll see where to go from here. Thanks for your input.

OP that is the free outfit we got when core went free to play so it should not be any problems playing on said account

• Like 3

Buying the expansions will not have boosted your character to level 50, there's nothing included which would do that. The level boost in the expansion can only jump you to level 80, and requires several confirmations to use. If everything else is as you remember it the most likely answer is you misremembered what level your character was when you stopped playing. Levelling is very quick in this game and before they added the level up rewards it was easy to miss when you gained a level.

Also those dungeon mails in your second screenshot ('The Restless Ghosts of Ascalon Catacombs', 'An Invitation to Caudecus Manor' and 'Aiding Caithe in Twilight Arbor' are sent as you level up, so the fact that they're earlier than the birthday gifts says your character levelled up at least 6 years ago.

The outfit you were wearing was given free to all existing accounts when the free to play version was added just before HoT came out, so maybe you put it on just to see how it looked shortly before you stopped playing?

Most importantly being a higher level than you remembere will not have any negative impacts on your character or account. There is nothing you can get locked out of or miss as a result of levelling up and (as you can see in that screenshot) you'll be down levelled in lower level areas so you can still play there without it being pointless (and will still get loot and XP appropriate to your level). If you delete your character and restart you'll reset your birthday gifts, so you'll have to wait 6 years to get new ones.

• Like 5