Deadeye PvP Completely DESTROYED

Profanity.6829

So they start the patchnotes with that DE was overnerfed.... and tell us we get compensation

"Quickness deadeye was significantly overtuned when it was introduced but got brought down a bit too far from that point. This update includes a few tune-ups for the build's damage to hopefully bring it more in line with other options."

However they decide to completely FUKCING DESTROY Deadeye PvP....

• Meld with Shadows: Reduced the superspeed duration from 1.5 seconds to 0.75 seconds when the Silent Scope trait is equipped in PvP only.
  • Shadow's Rejuvenation: Reduced the initiative gain on enter from 2 to 1 when the Silent Scope trait is equipped in PvP only.
  • Death's Retreat: Increased the initiative cost from 6 to 7 in PvP only.
  • Death's Advance: Increased the initiative cost from 4 to 5 in PvP only.

Barely superspeed now to move/kite....

and COMPLETE initiative starvation with this...

"YAY my shots now pierce....."

3 cheers for ANET

Edited by Profanity.6829
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Deadeye still plays the same way, with the exception that now you actually need to use a bit of your brain to play it efficiently without dying.

Actual good changes, the synergy with SA was disgusting and needed to be removed from the game entirely since it was incredible annoying to play against.

Edited by Elxdark.9702
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

1 minute ago, Elxdark.9702 said:

Deadeye still plays the same way, with the exception that now you actually need to use a bit of your brain to play it efficiently without dying.

Actual good changes, the synergy with SA was disgusting and needed to be removed from the game entirely since it was incredible annoying to play against.

I do agree Deadeye was strong and trully annoying to fight, but right here, this isn't a nerf, this is a complete butchery... They completly destroyed the spec, not only DE is unplayable now, riffle is completly useless as well....

This is not a nerf, this is murder. De is dead, and burried, and riffle with it, now there is absolutly no point, like ever ever to take riffle on the other spec ( it was already useless on other spec, now it's more than useless, it's completly garbage, trash, and unplayable).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, whooot.5784 said:

I do agree Deadeye was strong and trully annoying to fight, but right here, this isn't a nerf, this is a complete butchery... They completly destroyed the spec, not only DE is unplayable now, riffle is completly useless as well....

This is not a nerf, this is murder. De is dead, and burried, and riffle with it, now there is absolutly no point, like ever ever to take riffle on the other spec ( it was already useless on other spec, now it's more than useless, it's completly garbage, trash, and unplayable).

surely it may feel like a "dead" spec but that's only because it was beyond broken when using with SA, it was playable even before stealth on dodge was a thing, so it's definitely playable now.

You just can't go freely around the map with superspeed anymore and you will die way more often if your awareness isn't good, but it's still deadeye at its core, range damage and stealth.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

16 minutes ago, Elxdark.9702 said:

The moment I see someone claim initiative cost increase is a "good change" is the moment I know the person either doesn't know what they are talking about or is trolling.

• Like 11
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Asra.8746 said:

The moment I see someone claim initiative cost increase is a "good change" is the moment I know the person either doesn't know what they are talking about or is trolling.

eh, I don't like the changes to death detreat and advance either, they are for sure unnecessary, the rest of them are all good though.

• Confused 6

24 minutes ago, Elxdark.9702 said:

eh, I don't like the changes to death detreat and advance either, they are for sure unnecessary, the rest of them are all good though.

"Unneccessary" is an understatement. You know other classes have separate CD on 4 weapon skills, and their shortest CD (skill 2) is usually 5-8s. Meaning, they can trigger their skills 4 consecutive times and then start spamming more onto you in 5-8s, while DE's 12 initiatives pool can do what? One high cost skill and one skill 2 and then what? Start switching to utilities? But other classes can do that too. You HAVE to take Trickery for the extra 3 initiatives, while other classes do not have to be obliged to anything to spam those skills.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

shortbow says hi

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

It's the funniest thing, people complain that all Deadeye does is press 2 on rifle, well guess why, it's because pressing anything else on rifle does no damage and devours half of our total initiative pool. I'd really like if there was more to Deadeye than spam 2, but apparently it isn't supposed to be more.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

ok I am going to double post because i don't like the 2 'confused' reactions I got from my last post but i will say it again.

Does nobody think a Red line has been crossed by the fact that shadowmeld no longer removes revealed, it makes deadeye even more cumbersome to use and increases the time that you ar exposed (revealed) to a counter attack after attacking from stealth.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daenxi.4530 said:

ok I am going to double post because i don't like the 2 'confused' reactions I got from my last post but i will say it again.

Does nobody think a Red line has been crossed by the fact that shadowmeld no longer removes revealed, it makes deadeye even more cumbersome to use and increases the time that you ar exposed (revealed) to a counter attack after attacking from stealth.

It still won several mAT finals after the change.

No, I don't think that change ruined the build.

On 3/19/2024 at 6:58 PM, whooot.5784 said:

De as a pvp/wvw spec is so toxic by design that it should reserved as a spec that is for pve.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

De as a pvp/wvw spec is so toxic by design that it should reserved as a spec that is for pve.

OK to expand on this there are certain classes that are just very vulnerable to getting taken by surprise and deadeye is ironically one of them (considering thief's are supposed to take people by surprise).
If someone catches me off gaurd on my revenant its easier for me to recover and turn the fight around then it is on thief.